The Student Room Group

Who is your favourite comedian?

So, upon hearing that Lee Evans is going to be quitting stand up comedy, I was feeling kind of bummed out. But I know there's still loads of great comedians out there, so I was wondering what yours are?

It has to be:

-Lee Evans
-Russel Howard
-Dara O'Brien (dunno how you spell that last name)
-Micky Flanagan
-Jack Dee
-Michael Macintyre
-David Mitchell
-Lee Mack
-Jon Richardson
-Sean Lock

And a bunch of others I can't remember right now... :confused:

Scroll to see replies

Lee Evans is quitting?!

OMG no I'm going to cry
bill bailey
Original post by bexter:)
So, upon hearing that Lee Evans is going to be quitting stand up comedy, I was feeling kind of bummed out. But I know there's still loads of great comedians out there, so I was wondering what yours are?

It has to be:

-Lee Evans
-Russel Howard
-Dara O'Brien (dunno how you spell that last name)
-Micky Flanagan
-Jack Dee
-Michael Macintyre
-David Mitchell
-Lee Mack
-Jon Richardson
-Sean Lock

And a bunch of others I can't remember right now... :confused:

Can't beat a bit of Lee Evans.

Also really like Tim Vine, Russell Howard and Lee Mack. Lee Mack is great cause he's so spontaneous and witty.
Reply 4
Original post by abbiemac
Lee Evans is quitting?!

OMG no I'm going to cry

Yep. That was exactly my reaction. :cry2:
Reply 5
Original post by Emily.97
Can't beat a bit of Lee Evans.

Also really like Tim Vine, Russell Howard and Lee Mack. Lee Mack is great cause he's so spontaneous and witty.

Lee Mack is great. And he is definitely one of the most spontaneous as you say. Over half of his act must be just improvisation with the audience. It's cool to watch. :biggrin:
Reply 6
- Rhod Gilbert
- Jon Richardson
- Jack Whitehall

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep. That was exactly my reaction. :cry2:

I'm sorry, you seem like a nice person and all but you've just ruined my day. :cry:
Reply 8
Original post by SophR96
- Rhod Gilbert
- Jon Richardson
- Jack Whitehall

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMG i forgot Jack Whitehall :eek: He's awesome in A League of their Own
I heard the news too. It's kinda sad. He should do a Jack Dee and keep going on and on and on!

Jack Dee
Michael Macintyre
Lee Mack
Sean Lock
Reginald D Hunter
Kevin Hart
Chris Rock
Kat Williams

I don't remember all the names but the folks in the american "Whose line is it anyway" and in "Wild n Out"
Sean Lock
Jimmy Carr
Lee Mack is great. And he is definitely one of the most spontaneous as you say. Over half of his act must be just improvisation with the audience. It's cool to watch. :biggrin:

Haha yeah!
Have you seen Ross Noble? He's much more extreme.. He goes off topic a great deal at live shows and because of how spontaneous he is you have to have a great deal of patience ! Although I think he makes up for it cause he's so funny.
Alan Carr. So glad no one has said Frankie Boyle...
Russell Howard hands down, the guy gets time in ways you don't understand :rofl:
And Kevin Bridges!!
Original post by EloiseStar
Alan Carr. So glad no one has said Frankie Boyle...

Boyle is a disgrace. Hate him.
Reply 17
Original post by steadmusic
I heard the news too. It's kinda sad. He should do a Jack Dee and keep going on and on and on!

Jack Dee
Michael Macintyre
Lee Mack
Sean Lock
Reginald D Hunter
Kevin Hart
Chris Rock
Kat Williams

I don't remember all the names but the folks in the american "Whose line is it anyway" and in "Wild n Out"

I really hope it's not a permanent break. Maybe he'll come back.... I really hope so.

AH, i forgot Reginald. His deadpan delivery is awesome! :rolleyes:
kevin bridges
Reply 19
Original post by Emily.97
Haha yeah!
Have you seen Ross Noble? He's much more extreme.. He goes off topic a great deal at live shows and because of how spontaneous he is you have to have a great deal of patience ! Although I think he makes up for it cause he's so funny.

Nope, I've never seen him but ill definitely check him out. I like the whole improvisation thing :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest