The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5780
Original post by Obiejess
Just got back and read the result. I think I'm going to cry.

Edit: tears are rolling

Posted from TSR Mobile

A crying Liverpool fan.

Hot.
I've got tickets for the Swansea game at the end of December. Dreading going at this rate.
Original post by Mackay
I've got tickets for the Swansea game at the end of December. Dreading going at this rate.

Looks like you payed to go watch Liverpool lose... :console:
Not trying to be offensive but do you think that a lot of big players (especially ones coming from other leagues) turn down Liverpool because...well it means living in Liverpool.

I've heard plenty of times that players prefer to play for a team in London because of the city itself and not necessarily the club. I know your fans bark on about history a lot but that's not really as big a factor to players nowadays as it once was.

In the last year alone you've been overlooked by Salah, Willian and Sanchez who have gone to London based teams.
Original post by The Shed End
Not trying to be offensive but do you think that a lot of big players (especially ones coming from other leagues) turn down Liverpool because...well it means living in Liverpool.

I've heard plenty of times that players prefer to play for a team in London because of the city itself and not necessarily the club. I know your fans bark on about history a lot but that's not really as big a factor to players nowadays as it once was.

In the last year alone you've been overlooked by Salah, Willian and Sanchez who have gone to London based teams.

Manchester has the same problem tbh, as would Newcastle/Leeds if they were still top clubs. London will always be more popular.

Yes. Definitely. It's a drawback.

I can see why, though. If I was going to Serie A, I'd want to live in Rome rather than Milan.
Original post by sevchenko
lol

How did I forget rule #1 of WUMing? Don't WUM until after you're team has played/done well..
So I missed today's game. Were we any better with Lambert over Balotelli? Did having Lambert and Borini on the pitch for the last 20 mins work any better with Allen(?) removed?
Where does this leave Rodgers? Tbh I can't really see the value in sacking mid-season when there are very limited options in hiring. Better to give him the whole season to turn it around (after his achievements last season, can you deny him that time?) and then make a decision at the end of the season but before we get into the summer?
Original post by Zerforax
Where does this leave Rodgers? Tbh I can't really see the value in sacking mid-season when there are very limited options in hiring. Better to give him the whole season to turn it around (after his achievements last season, can you deny him that time?) and then make a decision at the end of the season but before we get into the summer?

If BR fails to secure top four he should be let go. I think Liverpool stand a good chance of securing Klopp tbh I think Liverpool would be the perfect platform for him
Any talk of sacking Rodgers is absurd, but I wouldnt trust him with a large transfer budget again. A DoF or something would be better.
Original post by sevchenko
If BR fails to secure top four he should be let go. I think Liverpool stand a good chance of securing Klopp tbh I think Liverpool would be the perfect platform for him

Tbh I very much like how Simone (athletico madrid coach) conducts himself with the press.

But I yeah I would prefer to see BR leave end of season. Maybe even see Klopp or Benitez takeover anfied.

Isn't Guardiola in his final year at Bayern? :colondollar:
Last time we had a DoF we did the same thing as this summer...
Original post by samir12
Rodgers doesn't have the balls to drop Gerrard, he persist in playing Lovren all the time when he has a shocker every game, subs off our best players during a game, he is costing himself his job. Last seasons success really got to his head...

couldn't agree more.
if rodgers doesn't have the sack to even drop lovren (who at first i supported) who has been getting worse and worse with each passing game, how will he ever drop the captain of our club who has served us his entire career?

the biggest managers make the big calls; they don't care what others say at the time, they'll let the end result show the doubters it was the right thing to do.
rodgers is terrified of disrespecting gerrard and is too stubborn to admit lovren was a mistake - that could well be his downfall.

every game he keeps the pair of them in, he makes it worse for himself.

i wouldn't call it offensive, just true.
it isn't a city renowned for being amazing to live in, especially compared to London which one of the most thriving cities in Europe.

history won't mean all that much to a player who wants good wages and trophies.
many will respect the club but they'll go to another if it means they're more likely to win a trophy and further their career.
some i don't blame; i don't blame sanchez and willian, although salah knew he'd be sitting on the bench at chelsea barely getting a game and it has certainly halted his career/development.
Original post by sr90
Manchester has the same problem tbh, as would Newcastle/Leeds if they were still top clubs. London will always be more popular.

yes, London will always beat Manchester, however i feel that United/City are big enough clubs now that it won't matter too much.
Liverpool is certainly a hindrance though which is disappointing.
I had imagined this being a draw so wasn't surprised when it became 1-1, but damn poor second half.

No offense folks but Ludogorets or draw at evens looks tempting...:tongue:
Original post by Zerforax
So I missed today's game. Were we any better with Lambert over Balotelli? Did having Lambert and Borini on the pitch for the last 20 mins work any better with Allen(?) removed?

lambert had a wonderful start and essentially did well with the limited chances he had.
he held the ball up well but there were so many around him like sterling simply not performing.
like i've been saying, he doesn't set the world alight but he does his job and he works hard.

borini didn't really have much of an impact; we barely did anything in the second half anyway to it was difficult to see any kind of teamwork between them.

again with rodgers though, he waited until 65 mins before making a change in a game where we were seriously struggling.
Original post by joey11223
I had imagined this being a draw so wasn't surprised when it became 1-1, but damn poor second half.

No offense folks but Ludogorets or draw at evens looks tempting...:tongue:

i'd take a cheeky bet on ludogorets.
we only narrowly beat them at anfield and we've only been playing worse since then.
Original post by Lúcio
i'd take a cheeky bet on ludogorets.
we only narrowly beat them at anfield and we've only been playing worse since then.

Aye, I mean the bookies had you as slightly more odds on favourites to beat Palace and well...yeah. Always some upsets every day and so Ludo win could well be a feasible one, honestly would it really be an upset if it ended 2-1 or 3-1 to them? It's not like you couldn't see it happening.
Ludogorets have looked decent since Anfield, too.
Original post by Mackay
Ludogorets have looked decent since Anfield, too.

Aye going to say, mixed performance but then...can't say better for Liverpool. I mean okay 1-0 against Basel is lucky, 4-0 Basel at home after that. But they've had some decent wins and generally do find the goal, certainly I'd say they scored last time when it ended 2-1, I think they can least emulate it, if not score 2. So BTTS if anything.

Quick Reply

Latest