The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

What is Primary Education with QTS course like at BCU?

I am hoping to apply for Primary Ed with QTS and am considering BCU, just wondered if there was anyone who goes/has gone or knows anyone doing this course here for some more info?

Thanks a lot, much appreciated!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi. I want to do the exact same too and BCU is my first choice. I went to the open day a few days back and it was really good. we had a tour of the campus and the specific block where primary education is taught which is called school of education. the environment, teachers and students there are all very friendly and got to know what subjects will be taught part of the course. they all are very interesting and are all taught in classroom environments. I recommend considering it as one of your choices!
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Knazir1
Hi. I want to do the exact same too and BCU is my first choice. I went to the open day a few days back and it was really good. we had a tour of the campus and the specific block where primary education is taught which is called school of education. the environment, teachers and students there are all very friendly and got to know what subjects will be taught part of the course. they all are very interesting and are all taught in classroom environments. I recommend considering it as one of your choices!

hey i live in Birmingham and i want to put this as my frist choice too! for the primary education coure...
i couldnt go to hte open day so i wanted to ask you a few things please;
do they use the lecture room often?
are the classrooms big and comfty?
what timings do the course run for?
do u have a personal mentor?
Reply 3
Hey. Firstly there is a lecture room but most lessons are in actual classroom environments. There are mainly all classrooms as far as i know for each subject such as english room, art room, music room, maths room etc. All the classrooms are just like a primary school classrooms and are comfortable to learn in. he timings of course is early morning from 9/10 am to lessons finishing at 4pm so you have a full day like school. About having a personal mentor im not sure but there is likely to be one!
Hope that helps 😃
Reply 4
oh okay that seems cool! yh i will email them that question... but thanks that was really helpful! it sounds really confortable and stuff so thats always a plus :smile:
Reply 5
hi,
I have an interview for this course at BCU in January anyone any tips??
Reply 6
Original post by MartineH
hi,
I have an interview for this course at BCU in January anyone any tips??

what date have you got the interview on?
and when how long did it take them to reply after u sent the application off?:smile:
Reply 7
I've applied and am kinda freaking out at the no response yet as well as reading up on the interview process. Doesn't really seem like a walk in the park!

How quickly did y'all get offers or how long have you been waiting?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2579471 - a link to last years applicants discussing some of the interview process
Reply 8
my interview is 16th jan 2015 took them about a week to reply to my application
BCU is also my first choice got my interview on the 14th January...mixed feelings of being excited and nervous!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
My interview is 14th January aswell I don't no what to expect have you did anything to prepare?
I haven't really done much, I've done some research about the national curriculum

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey guys! when did u guys send off ur application for BCU?? i sent it of a day before the holidays but still nothing :/
Original post by glitzy08
hey guys! when did u guys send off ur application for BCU?? i sent it of a day before the holidays but still nothing :/

It took them a couple weeks to get back do me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my interview for BCU tomorrow any body got any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LouiseRoche
Got my interview for BCU tomorrow any body got any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Relax and take it easy. It's not that difficult. The day is very long, but most of it is spent listening to other people (campus tour, welcome talk, Q&A with current students, etc). The actual presentations and interviews take up like 20 minutes of the whole day. And don't panic if you screw up at some point (like I did). I was nervous as hell in my presentation, and I really struggled with some of the interview questions, but still received an offer.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by thomas101
Relax and take it easy. It's not that difficult. The day is very long, but most of it is spent listening to other people (campus tour, welcome talk, Q&A with current students, etc). The actual presentations and interviews take up like 20 minutes of the whole day. And don't panic if you screw up at some point (like I did). I was nervous as hell in my presentation, and I really struggled with some of the interview questions, but still received an offer.

Thank you aha, I had my interview yesterday and it's not as scary as I thought it would be, just hoping i did okay haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thomas101

How long did it take for them to get back to you with an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have an interview this month as well. Does anyone know what a subject knowledge test it. I assume its perhaps a maths test, but not sure. Did anyone else have this test and how was it like-questions hard/easy. What type of questions did you have during your interviews ? Please share your experiences.
Original post by Student.G
I have an interview this month as well. Does anyone know what a subject knowledge test it. I assume its perhaps a maths test, but not sure. Did anyone else have this test and how was it like-questions hard/easy. What type of questions did you have during your interviews ? Please share your experiences.

When I went yesterday I had to do a maths and English test. They weren't too hard tbf but they're the type of questions that look easy but aren't that easy...if that makes sense haha. They're not too bad though dont worry. :smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending