The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MissJiraiya123
Nothing will ever take away the fact Naruto was my first manga and anime and will always hold that place in my heart where the feels just ... best years of my life.

Should have been Dragonball Z lol

I've not watched or read any in awhile now. Started on K-Dramas. Also, as my phone is where I did most of it and it's out of action I don't feel like trying to remember where I was in any of the titles let alone, try to remember the names. Some of those title spellings!! I can hardly say them as it is!
Hey ! New to this thread and TSR :confused: I'm a HUGE fan of anything to do with manga and anime and I'm always looking for new things to watch. I've lost track of akame ga kill though. Anyone up to date with it? if so is it worth catching up on.

Welcome to the society! :biggrin:

I've not watched the most recent episode of Akame ga Kill! (ep 21) yet, but I've enjoyed what I've seen so far a lot! Although, apparently it diverted quite significantly from the manga storyline in the previous episode, so it'll likely have an anime-original ending. Since I've not read the manga myself, I won't mind as long as it remains entertaining. :yes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Can anyone recommend a good 'casual' anime for me to watch, nothing too serious:smile:
Original post by Red Fox
Can anyone recommend a good 'casual' anime for me to watch, nothing too serious:smile:

From the current season, I'd suggest Gugure! Kokkuri-san or Amagi Brilliant Park. Or if you'd prefer something that's already completed, I'd recommend Nichijou, Shinryaku! Ika Musume and/or Moyashimon. :yes:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
From the current season, I'd suggest Gugure! Kokkuri-san or Amagi Brilliant Park. Or if you'd prefer something that's already completed, I'd recommend Nichijou, Shinryaku! Ika Musume and/or Moyashimon. :yes:

I've heard Nichijou is good so I'll try it out, thanks:smile:
Nothing will ever take away the fact Naruto was my first manga and anime and will always hold that place in my heart where the feels just ... best years of my life.

Haha it wasn't my first anime or manga but it was one of the first few series after some oldbies that got me much into it too. Checking the dates...yeah when I was like 12 or 13 haha

Still love the first few arcs :awesome:
Finished watching Tonari No Kaibutsu (My Little Monster) the other day. Show started off great and sort of wasn't able to keep it up but damn was it a good show, anyone else watched it?

Original post by Red Fox

Great Teacher Onizuka, it's quite old but it's a very laid back show.
An incredible masterpiece.
Original post by Ki Yung Na
Finished watching Tonari No Kaibutsu (My Little Monster) the other day. Show started off great and sort of wasn't able to keep it up but damn was it a good show, anyone else watched it?

Original post by Red Fox

K-on
seitokai no ichizon

Yeah I liked the anime. I also own its manga volumes and enjoyed those
Original post by Iridann

That's awesome! Does the manga go further than the anime?

Original post by Red Fox

That's alright :wink:
Ok I have just finished my little monster and am totally bummed that season 2 is not there...has anyone seen that ?? Tell me some other good animes like that to watch next :biggrin:
Original post by Iridann

Mind giving me a link to the online manga ^_^
Original post by a9493r
Ok I have just finished my little monster and am totally bummed that season 2 is not there...has anyone seen that ?? Tell me some other good animes like that to watch next :biggrin:

When did you start watching it? I don't think there will be a season 2. However I think toradora was somewhat similar to it? Not as good as Tonari No Kaibutsu, I watched it years ago and it was alright.

Animefreak.tv might have the manga? You could check it out.
I had just discovered it :tongue:...finished in 3 days ok I'll check it out...I was watching the wolfs rain cuz I was looking out for a new anime....seen it ? I'll check out the toradora :biggrin:...I really really wish there was season 2
That's awesome! Does the manga go further than the anime?

That's alright :wink:

I heard the manga has so much more that the anime didn't show.....
dont know if anyone is reading so..

Spoiler

Original post by a9493r
I had just discovered it :tongue:...finished in 3 days ok I'll check it out...I was watching the wolfs rain cuz I was looking out for a new anime....seen it ? I'll check out the toradora :biggrin:...I really really wish there was season 2

I'm not quoting you out of fear of whatever your spoiler was although I think I know what it is as I accidentally saw some of it. Either way. I would love a second season too, they're just such awesome characters and fun to watch. Love it when anime is so good you feel like you're spending time with the characters on their journey!

Ah yes, forget Toradora. Spice and Wolf... this is where the good stuff's at. I think that is possibly something you might like, much better than toradora. It's not the same but it's really good.

No, I haven't seen Wolf's Rain, I've heard it's suppose to be good though so it's on my list. :wink:
I'm not quoting you out of fear of whatever your spoiler was although I think I know what it is as I accidentally saw some of it. Either way. I would love a second season too, they're just such awesome characters and fun to watch. Love it when anime is so good you feel like you're spending time with the characters on their journey!

Ah yes, forget Toradora. Spice and Wolf... this is where the good stuff's at. I think that is possibly something you might like, much better than toradora. It's not the same but it's really good.

No, I haven't seen Wolf's Rain, I've heard it's suppose to be good though so it's on my list. :wink:

Wolfs rain is good, but you have to really sit down and understand it to get a grip on it..
Guys anyone heard about the otaru high school...it started recently and apparently it's a hit...haven't seen it yet though :/
Original post by a9493r
Guys anyone heard about the otaru high school...it started recently and apparently it's a hit...haven't seen it yet though :/

A Google search brought up nothing relevant (other than a seemingly obscure reference to a school in Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei); are you sure you've spelled it correctly? The title doesn't sound like any recent anime series I'm aware of. :hmmmm2:
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending