The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants for 2015 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

My applications were sent to my choices on the 20th November. I received an offer from University of Huddersfield several hours later :smile:
Reply 521
Is there anyone else who doesn't have any offer? I sent it on 15th October and only have an interview in Cambridge :s-smilie:
Original post by k.ami94
the 5th :biggrin: when do you have your interview? we might meet there :smile:

15th, when is yours? :smile:
Reply 523
Original post by notebooker
15th, when is yours? :smile:

on the 11th :biggrin: and yours?
Hey! I'm applying for Psychology and wanted a bit of advice.

I really liked the University of Warwick when I visited - the course/lecturers/campus seemed lovely (once you get past the fact it's in Coventry) - but looking at the league tables concerned me slightly.

I don't take much notice of the league tables usually, given that they only give you a really rough idea of what the university's like, but I found that on the Complete University Guide Warwick comes 18th for Psychology (not bad) but on the Guardian league table it's placed 51st...

As I really liked the uni I'm still going to apply there, but would any of you find that league table difference concerning or am I just being a total idiot? THANKS
Hi, are there any other Oxford applicants on here? If so, have they heard anything yet for interview? :smile:
Original post by melissapayne
Hi, are there any other Oxford applicants on here? If so, have they heard anything yet for interview? :smile:

I am, have applied to New, how about you? Haven't heard anything yet but I hope something will come in the next few days

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ayesha_17
I am, have applied to New, how about you? Haven't heard anything yet but I hope something will come in the next few days

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was SOOOO close to applying to New but ended up applying to Brasenose, no I haven't heard anything, so nervous just want to know now even if its a rejection :P
Original post by amberskye
Anyone going to the Birmingham applicants day on 21st Jan, or the Liverpool one on 14th March? :smile:

I'm going to Birmingham's! Decided to miss out Liverpool though :smile:

Are you bringing anyone to the open day? I think I might brave it alone :eek:
Original post by paulpscully
I'm going to Birmingham's! Decided to miss out Liverpool though :smile:

Are you bringing anyone to the open day? I think I might brave it alone :eek:

Nope going by myself! Can't afford two train fares. Plus I have family in Birmingham so I know the city pretty well :smile:
1) Sussex, East Anglia, Chester, Sheffield Hallam and Birmingham City
2) Psychology - A
English Language - A
Religious Studies - B
3) 1 A*, 3 As, 3 Bs, 1 C, a distinction*(BTEC ICT) and a distinction (BTEC ART)
Original post by melissapayne
I was SOOOO close to applying to New but ended up applying to Brasenose, no I haven't heard anything, so nervous just want to know now even if its a rejection :P

I applied to Queen's but I'm in exactly the same position. I really just want to hear their decision now even if I've been rejected!
Has anyone gotten an unconditional offer from Leicester?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amberskye
Nope going by myself! Can't afford two train fares. Plus I have family in Birmingham so I know the city pretty well :smile:

Ah, that'll be okay then :smile: Are you travelling far? I'm coming from London so it's a bit of a trek :redface:
Original post by paulpscully
Ah, that'll be okay then :smile: Are you travelling far? I'm coming from London so it's a bit of a trek :redface:

From near Southampton so not too far :smile:
Reply 535
Has anyone had an offer from Aston or Loughborough yet? if so, what did they offer?
Original post by Gracey_
AAB! And 2As and a B at AS level. (And E in physics lol) Predicted 3As. Good luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah congrats! I'm predicted AAB, but i didnt take a science and only got a B in one of my gcse sciences and a C in the other but they want a B in both if you didnt take a science at A2. :/ but i took bio at AS and got a D. So i dunno how it'll go. How long did it take for them to get back to you? x
Original post by tamza101
Ah congrats! I'm predicted AAB, but i didnt take a science and only got a B in one of my gcse sciences and a C in the other but they want a B in both if you didnt take a science at A2. :/ but i took bio at AS and got a D. So i dunno how it'll go. How long did it take for them to get back to you? x

Thank you! and don't worry too much about GCSES, they'll take everything into account. The professor at Birmingham was actually an English lit major before he went on to do psychology! So it's not alllllll science. How's your maths? And man, I got an E in physics so. And bristol and Warwick took two days, sent it off last Monday and still waiting on Nottingham, Exeter and Birmingham (my hopefully firm) x
Original post by sarahelizabeth18
Hey! I'm applying for Psychology and wanted a bit of advice.

I really liked the University of Warwick when I visited - the course/lecturers/campus seemed lovely (once you get past the fact it's in Coventry) - but looking at the league tables concerned me slightly.

I don't take much notice of the league tables usually, given that they only give you a really rough idea of what the university's like, but I found that on the Complete University Guide Warwick comes 18th for Psychology (not bad) but on the Guardian league table it's placed 51st...

As I really liked the uni I'm still going to apply there, but would any of you find that league table difference concerning or am I just being a total idiot? THANKS

I totally get what you mean! Universities I'm applying for are not very high up on the league tables at all but I'm getting so much conflicting advice, I don't care any more. I'm just going to pick the universities and the locations that I like and be happy, rather than worrying about what everybody else is saying. Follow your heart :smile:
Reply 539
Did you have to fill out a questionnaire? I applied three days ago and received an email today telling me to fill out 4 questions. Do you know what does that mean? Is it equivalent to an interview? Thank you so much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest