The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Are there 24 emails that you have to answer for the e-Tray exercise?
Also how long do you get for the first part?
Please help guys i am hearing different things....
Original post by nimoy234
Do any economists here have their FSAC date yet?

I do :smile: mine is next week, have you got your date yet?
For the Extra Curricular section - how detailed are we meant to be as there is only 100 words.. just the club/society, your role and what you did? Struggling with word count!

Thanks
I understand that during the interview at FSAC they will ask about Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Collaborating and Partnering, and Building Capability for All competencies. But I find these very vaguely defined! Could anyone tell me how they rephrase those at the interview? Thanks!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1164
Hay, for the e-tray exercise online, does it matter in what order you reply to the emails?
Reply 1165
Original post by bluebird82
For the Extra Curricular section - how detailed are we meant to be as there is only 100 words.. just the club/society, your role and what you did? Struggling with word count!

Thanks

For that section there is a specific question they give you, like illustrate your ability to engage with others. Only talk about one experience, your role and an example in this role illustrating your ability to engage with people.

Look at the competency framework list provided by the service. If you read the document and press ctrl+f and then type in engage, you will find examples given by the service on how they define engagement to be

I hope I was of help
Original post by LucyJane
I do :smile: mine is next week, have you got your date yet?

Not yet, but I only did my e-tray yesterday. Good luck
FSAC on the 22nd on January! I got further than year so I'm considering this a win either way. Now, how best to prepare for the FSAC...?
[QUOTE="MBLAQ;51770127"]Hay, for the e-tray exercise online, does it matter in what order you reply to the emails?[/QUOTE
GIRL SMOKEY GIRL SMOKEY GIRL SMOKEY GIRL. GIRL SMOKEY GIRL SMOKEY GIRL SMOKEY GIRL. <3

sorry I saw your username and I just had to quote a line from their song. :smile:

On a more relevant note to the thread- does anyone have an E-tray on the 15/12?
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi there, I've just done the online tests for GFS last night at 11pm and haven't heard anything yet. Any idea whether this means I'm amber banded or whether this might come through soonish? Cheers!
Original post by FunkyGuy
Hi there, I've just done the online tests for GFS last night at 11pm and haven't heard anything yet. Any idea whether this means I'm amber banded or whether this might come through soonish? Cheers!

I'd give it a day or two before worrying.
Sure, just got this feeling that if it's automatic it would be a few hours or nothing really.. Did anyone get theirs over a day after? Probably just worrying for no reason tbh :smile:
Original post by FunkyGuy

Maybe its slower cos its the weekend?
Fingers crossed! Although I don't think that's affected people here
I still don't have my results for the online tests. I did them at the end of September! Does anyone know why this might be or when we can expect the results? I've applied for the HR scheme.
Original post by stevie-b
I still don't have my results for the online tests. I did them at the end of September! Does anyone know why this might be or when we can expect the results? I've applied for the HR scheme.

It means you've been amber banded- not successful or unsuccessful straight away, you';
Reply 1176
Original post by nimoy234
Do any economists here have their FSAC date yet?

15th. Glad to have the process over before Christmas!
Is there anyone who applied for the commercial and finance fast stream schemes who has yet to hear back regarding whether or not they are successful at the E-tray ?
It has come arround quickly; FSAC tomorrow! Feeling under prepared, but hopefully it will go well. Heading up to London now ready for the early start tomorrow
Original post by frankers1088
It has come arround quickly; FSAC tomorrow! Feeling under prepared, but hopefully it will go well. Heading up to London now ready for the early start tomorrow

Good luck!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending