The Student Room Group

UKIP drug policy.

Scroll to see replies

I'd bet this thread will provide far more useful answers than this outdated joke.
Original post by pane123
I'd bet this thread will provide far more useful answers than this outdated joke.

It's not a joke. This is a forum, it's for discussion. If you want facts then you should use Google.
Reply 22
Original post by tengentoppa
It's not a joke. This is a forum, it's for discussion. If you want facts then you should use Google.

Can you find any facts about UKIP drug policy on Google? Cos I can't.
Original post by tengentoppa

Clearly not in the way you have used it because that search was pretty useless.

While the OP might have been looking for facts, these threads tend to generate discussion about the subject.
Reply 24
Original post by pane123
While the OP might have been looking for facts, these threads tend to generate discussion about the subject.

I hoped it would but unfortunately UKIP seem like they really don't like the topic. Living in a safe Tory seat with UKIP the only possible challenge I could almost be tempted to vote UKIP if their policy matched Farage's comments. I'm not particularly bothered about the EU either way, the war on drugs costs us far more and i'm going to end up with a right wing fruit cake MP no matter what. It could get interesting if we went into the election with the smaller parties united against Labour and the Conservatives on drug policy.
Reply 25
After UKIP head offices very speedy initial response i've not been able to get anything else out of them. :frown:

Best i could find is this quote from Farage:

Nigel Farage
UKIP as a party takes the same view as Hitchens, that we haven't really enforced the law properly and that we have to get generally tougher.

So it seems UKIPs drug policy is to take a puritanical moral approach to drugs, preaching that all drug use is evil, pretending the drugs war never existed, that addiction doesn't exist and that we should look to Japan and Singapore with its mandatory death penalty for possession of relatively small amounts of drugs along with mandatory drug testing for how to go about enforcing the law.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by n00
So it seems UKIPs drug policy is to take a puritanical moral approach to drugs, preaching that all drug use is evil, pretending the drugs war never existed, that addiction doesn't exist and that we should look to Japan and Singapore with its mandatory death pentaly for posession of relatively small amounts of drugs along with mandatory drug testing for how to go about enforcing the law.

Japan doesn't have capital punishment for drug possession.
Reply 27
Original post by Clip
Japan doesn't have capital punishment for drug possession.

Thats nice, Singapore does.
Reply 28
Original post by n00
Thats nice, Singapore does.

Singapore has the death penalty for just about everything, because it's an insane fascist state.
Reply 29
Original post by Clip
Singapore has the death penalty for just about everything, because it's an insane fascist state.

Quite. No surprise then that this is where Hitchens and UKIP want to look to,
Reply 30
Original post by n00
Quite. No surprise then that this is where Hitchens and UKIP want to look to,

If you ask me, Singapore would be what you'd end up with if you created a TSR state.

An absurd dictatorship if insecure STEMM-worshipping idiots.
Reply 31
Original post by Clip
If you ask me, Singapore would be what you'd end up with if you created a TSR state.

An absurd dictatorship if insecure STEMM-worshipping idiots.

You mean a Delingpole dynasty?
Reply 32
Anyone any clearer yet? :s-smilie:
Original post by n00
Anyone any clearer yet? :s-smilie:

As far as I know they have released very little policies at all. I would be surprised if they openly wanting drugs legalised or something. There are really no parties you can vote for if you want total legalisation bar maybe some minor libertarian party that doesn't stand anywhere.

Lib Dems probably your best bet for laxer laws?
Sometimes I wonder whether we'd be better off without UKIP, just simply because the population doesn't deserve them, they deserve to have the upcoming financial apocalypse put upon them and have large swaths of the population killed off, that's imo the only way to rid this country of the left/NIMBY's, because even if UKIP get a majority, it's going to have issues rolling back NIMBY laws, whether it's drugs, gun etc.
Reply 35
Original post by otester
Sometimes I wonder whether we'd be better off without UKIP, just simply because the population doesn't deserve them, they deserve to have the upcoming financial apocalypse put upon them and have large swaths of the population killed off, that's imo the only way to rid this country of the left/NIMBY's, because even if UKIP get a majority, it's going to have issues rolling back NIMBY laws, whether it's drugs, gun etc.

Wtf are you talking about UKIP don't want to roll back drug laws, they want to get tougher enforcing drug laws.
Original post by n00
Wtf are you talking about UKIP don't want to roll back drug laws, they want to get tougher enforcing drug laws.

Not sure where you got that info, Farage is pro-legalization and most of the inner core are libertarians.
Reply 37
Original post by otester
Not sure where you got that info,

I asked UKIP head office. Also this:

Nigel Farage
UKIP as a party takes the same view as Hitchens, that we haven't really enforced the law properly and that we have to get generally tougher.

Original post by otester
Farage is pro-legalization and most of the inner core are libertarians.

:rofl: Serious?
Original post by n00
I asked UKIP head office. Also this:

:rofl: Serious?

Nice try...

Nigel Farage
Nigel Farage: 'Hitchens and I disagree on this fundamentally. UKIP as a party takes the same view as Hitchens, that we haven't really enforced the law properly and that we have to get generally tougher. My own view is different. I think the war on drugs was lost many years ago. Hitchens will say it was never fought, I know. But we are where we are and drugs are now openly available not just in the streets of London, but in little hamlets and on the North Cornish coast. This isn't even an epidemic it's endemic. The history with prohibition as we saw with alcohol in America is disastrous. I feel a huge amount of crime, they call it petty crime but its not so petty if its your Grandmother is it? Who's been bashed over the head and had her handbag taken and I feel the more we can do to take drugs and the whole drugs industry out of the hands of the racketeers the better.’

Source: http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2013/10/nigel-farage-drugs-and-a-major-reason-for-not-liking-ukip-.html
Reply 39

Exactly, UKIP don't want to roll back drug laws, they want to get tougher at enforcing drug laws.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending