The Student Room Group

Short Film Ideas

Hi all , I am in the middle of planning my final project and need plenty of ideas for my short film!
The theme of this is `1996` this has to be a fictional idea
It can be the number 1996 or set in 1996 (old fashioned , childhood , vintage ect...)
Much help appreciated
Thanks ,
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Original post by evavaxl
Hi all , I am in the middle of planning my final project and need plenty of ideas for my short film!
The theme of this is `1996` this has to be a fictional idea
It can be the number 1996 or set in 1996 (old fashioned , childhood , vintage ect...)
Much help appreciated
Thanks ,

Well you probably don't need this anymore but I'll give it a shot anyway. Now, I'm not completely up to date with my 1996 history so I'll sort of come up with a couple of ideas about the number 1996, I'm not sure what resources you have available so... :s-smilie:

1.) Well 1996 could represent a person...
- prisoner number 1996 in a war camp/ a prison/ an asylum etc.
- perspective of the prisoner/ perspective of some one else
- dystopian society? No names just numbers
- Less resources? The number of a student in school or employee number 1996 of a restaurant where the employees are being constantly fired by the drunk manager? Employee determined to keep the job??
-Teddy number 1996 in a production factory, from creation to destruction
-Agent 1996 from a secret service organisation ?

2.) It could represent a place...
- A room in a big office block or something
- Maybe this room doesn't exist, it goes 1994, 1995, 1997. Random cleaner gets confused or something?
- Maybe room 1996 does exist but it's locked and no ones gone in there since 'the event'?
- Maybe a day in the life of room 1996, i.e. the storage cupboard at a local law firm with some sarcastic narration. things take place, examples such as employees sneaking in for a makeout session etc.
- Or a place on a board, you know those squares that you fill in your name for one pound to get the chance of winning a teddy etc. Square 1996 is the winner, only something goes horribly wrong.
-Box turns up at someone's doorstep with 1996 written on the front of it?

3.) Or just go the classic route of 1996 seconds in the life of ...

4.) Or even separate the numbers into 1, 9, 9 and 6. E.g. the one time we met, the nine times we looked for one another but didn't find each other, the nine times we almost saw one another but didn't and the six times we... I don't know but I guess you catch my drift.

Anyway you probably don't need this now but I'll do my best to help anyway. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Barnalby
Well you probably don't need this anymore but I'll give it a shot anyway. Now, I'm not completely up to date with my 1996 history so I'll sort of come up with a couple of ideas about the number 1996, I'm not sure what resources you have available so... :s-smilie:

1.) Well 1996 could represent a person...
- prisoner number 1996 in a war camp/ a prison/ an asylum etc.
- perspective of the prisoner/ perspective of some one else
- dystopian society? No names just numbers
- Less resources? The number of a student in school or employee number 1996 of a restaurant where the employees are being constantly fired by the drunk manager? Employee determined to keep the job??
-Teddy number 1996 in a production factory, from creation to destruction
-Agent 1996 from a secret service organisation ?

2.) It could represent a place...
- A room in a big office block or something
- Maybe this room doesn't exist, it goes 1994, 1995, 1997. Random cleaner gets confused or something?
- Maybe room 1996 does exist but it's locked and no ones gone in there since 'the event'?
- Maybe a day in the life of room 1996, i.e. the storage cupboard at a local law firm with some sarcastic narration. things take place, examples such as employees sneaking in for a makeout session etc.
- Or a place on a board, you know those squares that you fill in your name for one pound to get the chance of winning a teddy etc. Square 1996 is the winner, only something goes horribly wrong.
-Box turns up at someone's doorstep with 1996 written on the front of it?

3.) Or just go the classic route of 1996 seconds in the life of ...

4.) Or even separate the numbers into 1, 9, 9 and 6. E.g. the one time we met, the nine times we looked for one another but didn't find each other, the nine times we almost saw one another but didn't and the six times we... I don't know but I guess you catch my drift.

Anyway you probably don't need this now but I'll do my best to help anyway. :smile:

Thankyou so much for your reply and ideas!
This has helped me so much! As I needed many ideas as possible as part of my work! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending