The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hah..so sorry :P...it's about some guys in a boys high school wait I'll check the spelling...
Am so sorry just saw the correct one xD its called... Ouran Highschool Host Club ^_^
Toradora was good. TAIGA!!!!

I think I'll check out Wolf Rain and 'Spice and Wolf'
Original post by a9493r
Mind giving me a link to the online manga ^_^

I read hard copies, but I would suggest mangafox or somewhere?

Idk if I read manga online it's through the mango app on Android or the weekly shonen jump app
Original post by a9493r
Am so sorry just saw the correct one xD its called... Ouran Highschool Host Club ^_^

Oh, not-so recent then! :p: The anime is from 2006, and the manga is older than that (but ran for a fair while).

It was one of the first series I watched, but while it's really highly rated, it didn't do much for me personally. :dontknow: Maybe I'd appreciate it more now that I know what actual host clubs are. :tongue:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Oh, not-so recent then! :p: The anime is from 2006, and the manga is older than that (but ran for a fair while).

It was one of the first series I watched, but while it's really highly rated, it didn't do much for me personally. :dontknow: Maybe I'd appreciate it more now that I know what actual host clubs are. :tongue:

Can you recommend an emotional anime to watch?
Original post by Red Fox

Golden Time,
White Album + White Album 2
Original post by Red Fox

I'll try my best! :biggrin:

My #1 recommendation would be Now and Then, Here and There, but only if you don't mind a very dark and depressing setting (it takes that much to make me get emotional). :tongue: Aside from that, Clannad and especially its sequel After Story are popular (though I personally found the latter was slow to get going). Natsuyuki Rendezvous is fantastic as well.

Hope something there takes your interest. :smile:
Original post by Iridann
Golden Time,
White Album + White Album 2

Original post by AngryJellyfish
I'll try my best! :biggrin:

My #1 recommendation would be Now and Then, Here and There, but only if you don't mind a very dark and depressing setting (it takes that much to make me get emotional). :tongue: Aside from that, Clannad and especially its sequel After Story are popular (though I personally found the latter was slow to get going). Natsuyuki Rendezvous is fantastic as well.

Hope something there takes your interest. :smile:

Thanks guys, I've seen (and loved) Clannad. I'll probably go for Golden Time:smile:
Original post by Red Fox
Thanks guys, I've seen (and loved) Clannad. I'll probably go for Golden Time:smile:

Your Lie in April is quite a good simulcast so far, would suggest that as well.
Couldn't remember the name ><
Original post by Red Fox

Golden Time was good but not on the scale of Clannad.

You wanna look at more works by Key (folks that created Clannad). My first three anime I watched since getting in to it was Angel Beats, Clannad and Air. But you can leave out Air and go straight to Little Busters!
Other than those maybe, Hanasaku Iroha and Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo.
Original post by steadmusic
Golden Time was good but not on the scale of Clannad.

You wanna look at more works by Key (folks that created Clannad). My first three anime I watched since getting in to it was Angel Beats, Clannad and Air. But you can leave out Air and go straight to Little Busters!
Other than those maybe, Hanasaku Iroha and Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo.

I've seen Angel Beats and Kanon but I don't think either was on the level on Clannad, I'll have to watch Little Busters then.
Original post by Iridann
I read hard copies, but I would suggest mangafox or somewhere?

Idk if I read manga online it's through the mango app on Android or the weekly shonen jump app

I have been trying to get the books from somewhere...cant even find them :/
Original post by Red Fox
I've seen Angel Beats and Kanon but I don't think either was on the level on Clannad, I'll have to watch Little Busters then.

You're right. Clannad stands on it own, but I really dig Angel Beats too. Kanon was okay but Little Busters!. if you don't like that I'll be shocked.
Meh, personally I much preferred Air to the rest of the Key adaptations and would recommend it highly. Though that might be because it was the first one I watched, and the rest generally follow the same pattern.
I liked Air best as well for the same reason AJ. Kanon was ok (but I watched it while feverish so don't really remember that much about it), and I liked the first, comedy orientated season of Clannad, but After Story with all it's terrible emotional manipulation was nothing but rage inducing. Angel Beats isn't actually a Key property, but has a lot of the same writers behind it - it was fun until the ending ruined it all.

I don't really get on with shows that try way to hard to make me cry - Anohana is another prime example........god I hated that show.
Reply 8176
Oh my god this Spice and Wolf ED engrish is bad.:lolwut:
Update: I am waiting on Itsmith!!!!!
Original post by a9493r
I have been trying to get the books from somewhere...cant even find them :/

I got the first 3 at my local Waterstone's.
Spent the evening finishing my Winter Anime Preview - serious case of the sequels going on next season - more or less 50% sequels!

Latest