The Student Room Group

Southampton BM5 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Grad1202
Really? Oh my goodness. And here I was thinking I stood a chance. Why don't they state that on their website?!?? Would have been better off applying for BM4!

I know, it is slightly disheartening! I'm sure you will still stand a good chance, don't worry!
I think BM4 only takes on 40 graduates anyway (might be wrong) so either way its going to be tough. Your right though, they probably should have said on their website.

Good luck with your application though :smile:
Anyone know the number of applications this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ellipsis...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've asked. Waiting for a reply. There is often a delay in getting these stats out.
Reply 123
Selection day event dates are now available on the website
Original post by id8
Selection day event dates are now available on the website

can you give me the link please? :smile:
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1415529625.306107.jpg

So no December interviews for us BM5 applicants.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Neostigmine
I've asked. Waiting for a reply. There is often a delay in getting these stats out.

Had a reply yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had a reply yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

:no:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Had a reply. They're not releasing statistics yet :no:.
Original post by Neostigmine
Had a reply. They're not releasing statistics yet :no:.

Well that's just stupid- surely if they know the number of applicants, which I'm sure they do, they should tell us! Thanks for letting me know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well that's just stupid- surely if they know the number of applicants, which I'm sure they do, they should tell us! Thanks for letting me know

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess they want to sort out the raw numbers? They're not really obligated to say anything anytime soon. And I'm sure everyone would prefer them to work on sorting applications out :P
Original post by Grad1202
Really? Oh my goodness. And here I was thinking I stood a chance. Why don't they state that on their website?!?? Would have been better off applying for BM4!

Exactly the same situation here, very frustrating as it was supposed to be my 'safe' option ha!
Reply 133
It's been pretty quiet on the Southampton front hasn't it, especially considering they only rank by UKCAT. Any news..?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ja1
It's been pretty quiet on the Southampton front hasn't it, especially considering they only rank by UKCAT. Any news..?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, not for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ja1

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont understand why they're taking so long!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ja1

Posted from TSR Mobile

They sent out BM4 interview invites today and they are interviewing them in December. I think they want to get all of that sorted first. If you look on the thread from last year invites were sent out quite late by soton
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Joshi213
It doesn't make any sense, surely if they only look at the UKCAT it shouldn't take this long!

Apparently a grad student has got an interview, so maybe they're starting?

I dont understand why they're taking so long!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by ja1

Posted from TSR Mobile

Invites to interviews go out up to 2 weeks before the interview :yes:. Grad medicine interviews are in december :smile:
Do we know the number of applicants yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do we know the number of applicants yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. I wouldn't expect it until very late in the year. Try to focus on other things :yes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending