The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Anyone else going to study Fashion Buying and Merchandising at UAL in September 2014?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by MrMango
come on you dont need a degree in fashion to get into the industy.. I hold a fashion degree at the same level as a drama degree, not trying to be disrespectful to you or anything, sorry if it seemed that way.. its just my opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You do need a fashion related degree to a Buyer. Every company I have spoken said that is the way they shortlist.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by Emilycao
What are you studying right now?

I READ YOU ARE APPLYING FOR LCF AND MANCHESTER UNI, DO YOU MIND TELLING ME IF YOUVE BEEN ACCEPTED AND ALSO WHAT ARE YOUR PREDICTED GRADES. My predicted grades are ABD im not sure manchester ar AAB will even look at my application form and im not sure about LCF help me please. I have a certificate in level 2 fashion styling
Reply 42
Original post by leatxo
You do need a fashion related degree to a Buyer. Every company I have spoken said that is the way they shortlist.

wouldn't they shortlist through a portfolio?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by STACEY48
I READ YOU ARE APPLYING FOR LCF AND MANCHESTER UNI, DO YOU MIND TELLING ME IF YOUVE BEEN ACCEPTED AND ALSO WHAT ARE YOUR PREDICTED GRADES. My predicted grades are ABD im not sure manchester ar AAB will even look at my application form and im not sure about LCF help me please. I have a certificate in level 2 fashion styling

I haven't sent my application off yet. I'm currently doing the ual level 3 art and design extended diploma. My predicted grade is distinction which will be 420 ucas points. I'm not sure if manchester uni will accept me since they require a levels
Reply 44
Original post by MrMango
wouldn't they shortlist through a portfolio?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No because it's a business related job.

I applied to the same places, although my predicted grades are AAA. It won't hurt to email Manchester and see if they give room for allowances.
(edited 9 years ago)
I also applied for Uni of Manchester, my predicted grades are A*A*A*A, they offered me an interview for Fashion Management on the 3rd of December. Number one choice is lcf though as I'm from Manchester so don't want to stay here lol. I've applied to International Fashion Management and the BA(hons) Fashion Management at LCF, not heard anything back from them, I have a family friend who studied at LCF and he said that they didn't send offers until March
Reply 47
Original post by rebelllefleur

I applied to the same places, although my predicted grades are AAA. It won't hurt to email Manchester and see if they give room for allowances.

Thanks for the respond, where did you apply too and did you only apply for fashion buying courses. I have applied for fashion buying courses and international business courses and struggling to construct my personal statement.
Thanks for the respond, where did you apply too and did you only apply for fashion buying courses. I have applied for fashion buying courses and international business courses and struggling to construct my personal statement.

I applied to Manchester, Leeds, Southampton, LCF and UCA. For Manchester and LCF I applied for Fashion Buying courses, the rest were Fashion Marketing.
I sent of my application about 3 weeks ago and so far have had 2 offers and an interview invitation.

For your personal statement I suggest starting it off with something showing that you know about the fashion industry and are genuinely interested. Talk about how it has influenced you and your decisions in school; perhaps even how it has shaped you as a person.
Hey,
I've applied for fashion managemnt/buying&merchandising courses. I have offers from Nottingham Trent and Hunddersfield but really want to go to Manchester University and I have my interview on the 26th November was just wondering if anyone can give me an heads up on the questions they will ask me?
where have people had offers? sent mine 3 days ago and had one for manchester met :smile:
Reply 51
Original post by annahale
where have people had offers? sent mine 3 days ago and had one for manchester met :smile:

Sent mine last wednesday, but my college havent finished the references yet! wow you heard back quickly. do you have an interview at Manchester Met? LCF arent doing interviews for buying & merch and they only have 25 places on the course :s-smilie:
Original post by leatxo
Sent mine last wednesday, but my college havent finished the references yet! wow you heard back quickly. do you have an interview at Manchester Met? LCF arent doing interviews for buying & merch and they only have 25 places on the course :s-smilie:
no, no interview at manchester met! i have an interview with UCA though!
Reply 53

Ahh congratulations! is it conditional offer? good luck on your interview @ UCA!
Reply 54

I have an interview at UCA as well! When's yours ?
Reply 55
Original post by arija
I have an interview at UCA as well! When's yours ?

anyone got an lcf offer yet ?
Reply 56
Original post by rebelllefleur
I applied to Manchester, Leeds, Southampton, LCF and UCA. For Manchester and LCF I applied for Fashion Buying courses, the rest were Fashion Marketing.
I sent of my application about 3 weeks ago and so far have had 2 offers and an interview invitation.

For your personal statement I suggest starting it off with something showing that you know about the fashion industry and are genuinely interested. Talk about how it has influenced you and your decisions in school; perhaps even how it has shaped you as a person.

Hey, earlier on today, I spoke to a representative for the Fashion Buying and Merchandising course at LCF. She told me that they prioritise people who have B's in their GCSE's. In GCSE I achieved a grade C, in Maths. Has anyone on here achieved grade C and still been invited?
Reply 57
Original post by Tessie1
Been accepted to study at LCF for the BA Fashion Buying and Merchandising course in September. Was wondering who else has received offers and are planning on going in September!

Hey, what did you achieve in GCSE maths and what were your predicted ALevel grades? Please I want to also do fashion buying and merch at LCF soooo bad, but i got grade C in Maths GCSE. Sending of my form this weekend. Since Im applying for different courses, i hope they still consider me
Original post by Sjohnsonx
Hey,
I've applied for fashion managemnt/buying&merchandising courses. I have offers from Nottingham Trent and Hunddersfield but really want to go to Manchester University and I have my interview on the 26th November was just wondering if anyone can give me an heads up on the questions they will ask me?

Hi just read you had your interview for Manchester University on November 26th! Just wondering whether they ask any unexpected questions and what sort of things it would be useful to look at in preparation? thanks
Reply 59
Original post by pepperonipizza
Hi just read you had your interview for Manchester University on November 26th! Just wondering whether they ask any unexpected questions and what sort of things it would be useful to look at in preparation? thanks

What are your predicted grades ?

Quick Reply