The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonynous
Submitted app early October.

I was wondering if you could tell me what types of questions could be asked under the title of skills based? I have my interview on Wednesday and since I've given up all chances of getting a spring week I think it's very important for me to be accepted onto this scheme.
Original post by MathsNerd1
I was wondering if you could tell me what types of questions could be asked under the title of skills based? I have my interview on Wednesday and since I've given up all chances of getting a spring week I think it's very important for me to be accepted onto this scheme.

Situational questions. How did you respond to x situation sort of questions.
Situational questions. How did you respond to x situation sort of questions.

So given the fact they have my CV and all the different roles I've had in the past, should I plan answers to any problems that might have occurred and how I dealt with them? Thanks for your help
Original post by MathsNerd1
So given the fact they have my CV and all the different roles I've had in the past, should I plan answers to any problems that might have occurred and how I dealt with them? Thanks for your help

Yeah, find a varying range of examples. Make sure they're not all academia related. They want to see what makes you interesting.
Yeah, find a varying range of examples. Make sure they're not all academia related. They want to see what makes you interesting.

That shouldn't be too hard for me, thanks for the tips!
Would anyone mind sharing what specific situational questions you are expecting/ preparing for/ have had at your interview? I'm getting ready for an interview this thursday. Thanks in advance
Original post by limpan142
Would anyone mind sharing what specific situational questions you are expecting/ preparing for/ have had at your interview? I'm getting ready for an interview this thursday. Thanks in advance

It depends, for which bank?
Good news, BAML Spring week offer.

Hey apart from questions like why BAML and why your division ?, were there any questions that were hard to answer?. Also apart from knowing about BAML, how in depth do they expect your knowledge to be about the bank and the industry in general ?. This is because my knowledge for this is pretty limited.

Also for the competency questions were there any questions that were hard and what in general were they assessing here (like which competencies) ?.

Already had a few rejections so any help here would be appriciated.
Original post by selfhelp
Hey apart from questions like why BAML and why your division ?, were there any questions that were hard to answer?. Also apart from knowing about BAML, how in depth do they expect your knowledge to be about the bank and the industry in general ?. This is because my knowledge for this is pretty limited.

Also for the competency questions were there any questions that were hard and what in general were they assessing here (like which competencies) ?.

Already had a few rejections so any help here would be appriciated.

Not sure what they expect. I've had some experience in banking before so probably offered more. I reckon if your motivation is on check, you shouldn't have much of a problem.

They ask in a form of situation.
Anyone heard back from Rothschild?
Original post by IB Fanboy
Anyone heard back from Rothschild?

No, I even emailed both of their given HR addresses a while ago about an application query, but no reply there either

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone have dates for all the spring weeks? Is it possible to go for more than one? Or are they all in the same week?
Original post by Peanutdin
Anyone have dates for all the spring weeks? Is it possible to go for more than one? Or are they all in the same week?

Many of them clash but it is possible to do more than one because some of them are during different weeks.
Submitted app early October.

Congrats ! :smile:

When did you have the interview ?
Original post by pizzapino
Congrats ! :smile:

When did you have the interview ?

The Friday that's just passed.
Original post by PeterMcQuaid
No, I even emailed both of their given HR addresses a while ago about an application query, but no reply there either

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks - I was just thinkin of emailing them myself, but wasn't sure if it is appropriate. Wondering if you can view your attachements on the careers portal?
Anyone else waiting for a telephone interview with RBS?
Original post by Bloxorus
Many of them clash but it is possible to do more than one because some of them are during different weeks.

Do you know which week this will be for 2015? 13-17 April 2015?
Original post by Donniee
Anyone else waiting for a telephone interview with RBS?

They send that email to all applicants who've passed the test stage.
What did your email say?

Latest

Trending

Trending