The Student Room Group

Exeter medical school applicants 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dr. Django
You will :smile: (unless they've introduced some new random criteria, but I don't think they will have!)

Thus far it seems as though only the first 2 or 3 days out of 10+ days of December interviews have been handed out so there are plenty still to come :smile:

I certainly hope so as I appplied on the basis that they look at just predicted and UKCAT. Good thing it's not next week anyway as I have a HYMS interview then lol :smile:
Reply 541
Any idea how they decide the order for sending out these interview invites?

I've not heard anything yet and my stats are 712.5 ukcat, 10A* GCSE, 5A at AS and achieved A*A*AA at A2.

Hopefully it's random and I'll hear something soon.
Original post by *mimi*

I've not heard anything yet and my stats are 712.5 ukcat, 10A* GCSE, 5A at AS and achieved A*A*AA at A2.

Maybe alphabetically? Or in order of when your application was submitted?
Well done, good luck I bet you'll smash it!!

It's such a relief that you got one as I'm a resitter too and I was so scared! Fingers crossed I should get one now too :smile:

You'll be fine, don't worry. I'll keep you in my prayers!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by whymedicine

I doubt it is either of those two as my interview is on the 3rd and in my case my surname starts with S and my application was submitted at night on october 14th.

Who knows there might be some secret algorithm they use lol. :biggrin:
Reply 545
Seems quiet. I'm sure the invitations were flying out by this time yesterday...

I'm pretty sure it's just random, as we already have a spread of like 75 in terms of ukcat score, and varied from multiple A* achieved to resitters!

I wouldn't be too concerned ( I know it's difficult, I'm stressing too :s-smilie:), but as far as I can tell anyone with A*AA predicted/achieved and 667+ on UKCAT should be feeling relatively confident if they use the same selection process as last year :smile:
Original post by SOSBrigade
Thanks! Mine's on the 8th. Thought I'd give it a post because I'm a resitter so I wanted to reassure some of you aha.

You'll be fine, don't worry. I'll keep you in my prayers!

You sure did reassure me! (Although I'm still paranoid even though I should be fine based on the apparent cutoffs this far and the fact a fellow resitter has been considered :tongue:)

Just gotta wait and see I guess!
I'm pretty sure it's just random, as we already have a spread of like 75 in terms of ukcat score, and varied from multiple A* achieved to resitters!

I wouldn't be too concerned ( I know it's difficult, I'm stressing too :s-smilie:), but as far as I can tell anyone with A*AA predicted/achieved and 667+ on UKCAT should be feeling relatively confident if they use the same selection process as last year :smile:

Hmmm maybe my region? Hanah, ok I need to stop stressing... I should be ok with A*A*AAb (achieved) and ukcat of 675 but I still can't help being worried, just want to know hahah!
Does anyone have any advice on the "why exeter?" question they will probably ask?
Reply 550
Hmmm maybe my region? Hanah, ok I need to stop stressing... I should be ok with A*A*AAb (achieved) and ukcat of 675 but I still can't help being worried, just want to know hahah!

I suppose all we can do is wait and see. At least we don't have too much longer to wait to find out.
Is it imperative that u are predicted A*AA cus I am only predicted AAA
Original post by the A* guy
Does anyone have any advice on the "why exeter?" question they will probably ask?

I would say they are expecting u to talk about the why the course structure interests U and just general stuff about the university eg good facilities etc
Original post by *mimi*
I suppose all we can do is wait and see. At least we don't have too much longer to wait to find out.

Yeah, we're all in the same boat I guess. Good luck!
does anybody know what teaching style does exeter operate? Lectures, PBL or both?
Reply 555
Original post by *mimi*

Hi there!

remember u from last years cycle
u got some really really unfair decisions against you
especially with the stats u had!!!

good luck this year!
Original post by the A* guy
does anybody know what teaching style does exeter operate? Lectures, PBL or both?

it's 'integrated' I believe, so a bit of both
Original post by violin101
it's 'integrated' I believe, so a bit of both

Thank you for the reply, but I think being an integrated course means theory and clinical are taught in parallel and not in separate years. I think pbl or lectures don't relate to whether it is integrated, but I'm not too sure, I might be wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an Interview invite!

GCSEs: 2A*s, 8As, 2.5Bs
AS: AAAB
A2: A*AB (Missing an A* in Maths by ONE mark!)
Predictions (I'm doing additional A-Levels): A*, A and Distinction in A2 Maths, A2 Biology and Health and Social Care Subsidiary Diploma respectively.

Over the moon!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 559
Original post by Ahwab
Hi there!

remember u from last years cycle
u got some really really unfair decisions against you
especially with the stats u had!!!

good luck this year!

Thanks. Are you reapplying too?

Quick Reply

Latest