The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Got a selection day for adult nursing tomorrow at the University of Lincoln, another on 2nd December at Oxford Brookes, another on 3rd December at Uni of Leeds & another on 5th December at Keele. Just waiting for a response from Uni of York :smile:
Original post by lucymjh
Got a selection day for adult nursing tomorrow at the University of Lincoln, another on 2nd December at Oxford Brookes, another on 3rd December at Uni of Leeds & another on 5th December at Keele. Just waiting for a response from Uni of York :smile:

I will see you there at Leeds! I got mine from York through for the 9th December :-)
I've applied to 5, got an interview for new bucks but thinking of turning it down as I really want to be in Halls for the first year and I didn't realise the uxbridge camp!s didn't have any!! not sure whether to just reject it or should I replace it with another choice?.ideally want to stay south or London area
Original post by blondy2012
I will see you there at Leeds! I got mine from York through for the 9th December :-)

You'll have to introduce yourself, I wish you all of the best anyway :smile: did you get York through in the post?
Original post by lucymjh
You'll have to introduce yourself, I wish you all of the best anyway :smile: did you get York through in the post?

You too I'm sure it'll be fine!! Hearing what people are saying it isn't that bad of an interview!! No I got an email then I got a pack in the post :-) x
Original post by maliha97
Oh where have you applied?

I've applied for Manc uni, Manc met, salford, leeds and liverpool! Yourself?
Original post by charlotteemilyw
I've applied to 5, got an interview for new bucks but thinking of turning it down as I really want to be in Halls for the first year and I didn't realise the uxbridge camp!s didn't have any!! not sure whether to just reject it or should I replace it with another choice?.ideally want to stay south or London area

If you have no intention on going there I would say definately replace it or it's just a waste really
Original post by tink123
hi, I have applied to Wolverhampton, have an interview on Wednesday, got my fingers crossed:smile:

Good luck! What grades do you need for Wolverhampton?
Hiya! I noticed that you haven't received a response yet. Which universities have you applied to? If you look down the front page of the forum, you will find sub-forums for a wide variety of universities. In those sub-forums, there's usually an applicants thread, so you should be able to find other students waiting for offers/interviews there. Good luck! :smile:
Reply 529
A friend is going to Brooke's on the 2nd, I've already been there and have been offered a place. It is a very relaxed interview at Brooke's :-)

Original post by lucymjh
Got my last interview Friday. How long has it been taking to hear back with the decision?
Got interviews with Southampton and Surrey! Waiting on Leeds and UWE. Anyone know how long UWE take to get back to you after receiving your application?
Just had my interview at Leeds Beckett, I think it went well! Has anybody else interviewed there? How long did it take for you to receive an offer or be rejected? Thanks!
Original post by elle1995
Got interviews with Southampton and Surrey! Waiting on Leeds and UWE. Anyone know how long UWE take to get back to you after receiving your application?

When's your interview at Surrey? Is it for childrens nursing? I have one on the 16th!
Original post by alicetulips
Just had my interview at Leeds Beckett, I think it went well! Has anybody else interviewed there? How long did it take for you to receive an offer or be rejected? Thanks!

How was it?! :smile: I have one on the 17th dec. What was the interview like? X
Got an interview at sheffield Hallam on the 10th December, has anyone else?
Why don't you think they'll consider you?? You'll be fine :smile::smile:. ️Thankyou I'll let you know how it goes! X
Well maybe because my reference has not been written yet until next week sometime :frown: and that the places may be getting full as everyone has already sent their application and getting interviews, also not having a grade B in maths and English. Yes that would be great.:smile: x
Original post by nadzworldz
Well maybe because my reference has not been written yet until next week sometime :frown: and that the places may be getting full as everyone has already sent their application and getting interviews, also not having a grade B in maths and English. Yes that would be great.:smile: x

They'll make sure that not all places will go if they haven't interviewed everybody don't worry! You have until the 15th January to apply so they wouldn't give all the places away before that!!

And also i don't have a B in English and i've been offered an interview, don't worry you'll be fine! :smile: keep positive x
How was it?! :smile: I have one on the 17th dec. What was the interview like? X

Honestly it was fine :smile: All the lecturers put you at ease, they're lovely. You basically have a maths and English test which is fine and then a group discussion which basically allows you to talk about what you think nursing is and what skills and experience you have that mean you know what you're getting into :smile:
Original post by alicetulips
Honestly it was fine :smile: All the lecturers put you at ease, they're lovely. You basically have a maths and English test which is fine and then a group discussion which basically allows you to talk about what you think nursing is and what skills and experience you have that mean you know what you're getting into :smile:

Oh okay that sounds fine!! ️️Thankyou very much and good luck x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending