The Student Room Group

Exeter medical school applicants 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 123456789012
Got an Interview invite!

GCSEs: 2A*s, 8As, 2.5Bs
AS: AAAB
A2: A*AB (Missing an A* in Maths by ONE mark!)
Predictions (I'm doing additional A-Levels): A*, A and Distinction in A2 Maths, A2 Biology and Health and Social Care Subsidiary Diploma respectively.

Over the moon!

Congrats! What was your ukcat :smile:?
Original post by whymedicine
Congrats! What was your ukcat :smile:?

I'm very surprised though because they said on the website that scores of less than appox. 630 will most likely not be invited for interview. :s-smilie:
Reply 562
Original post by *mimi*
Thanks. Are you reapplying too?

Yes of course lol, i dont hang around med school threads for no reason :biggrin:

best of luck is all i can say for now
Got an Interview invite!

GCSEs: 2A*s, 8As, 2.5Bs
AS: AAAB
A2: A*AB (Missing an A* in Maths by ONE mark!)
Predictions (I'm doing additional A-Levels): A*, A and Distinction in A2 Maths, A2 Biology and Health and Social Care Subsidiary Diploma respectively.

Over the moon!

Well done :smile: I'm a resitter too and every time a resitter posts about an interview it gives me increased hope!

Good luck for your interview :smile:

I'm very surprised though because they said on the website that scores of less than appox. 630 will most likely not be invited for interview. :s-smilie:

Oh wow, maybe they're looking at something else? But all I can say is well done :smile:
I can't believe all the resisters have been told about the interviews so soon- has anyone else in year 13 been told yet?
Original post by amigosdistributi
I can't believe all the resisters have been told about the interviews so soon- has anyone else in year 13 been told yet?

Only 2 resitters have been told I think :tongue: and they treat us the same as 'normal' applicants so I'm not surprised! I think the order is random, don't worry, there is no preference for reapplicants
Original post by Dr. Django
Only 2 resitters have been told I think :tongue: and they treat us the same as 'normal' applicants so I'm not surprised! I think the order is random, don't worry, there is no preference for reapplicants

Yeah I know, just thought it was weird how I hadn't seen any year 13's yet lol.
Im surprised less than 610 for UKCAT was acceptable though! Must have really reduced cut off xD
So has everyone who's been given an interview achieved or been predicted at least A*AA? D:

I'm not a resister and I have an interview next Wednesday...ukcat of 2990, 9A*s at gcse and predicted AAA- no A* prediction haha! I have heard they let people know alphabetically- I have a surname starting with B so early :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any graduates received an interview yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know what the GAMSAT cut off was? Just for my future records :smile:
Original post by Marathi
Does anyone know what the GAMSAT cut off was? Just for my future records :smile:

The only information we were given (pre application deadline) was that nothing below 59 would be competitive. However this year's GAMSAT scores were about1-2 points higher than their equivalents last year.
Ok thanks so 60-62. They're all pretty similar this year.
Reply 574
Original post by MiloMilo
Any graduates received an interview yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

None that I've heard of. Perhaps all grad invitations will go out at the same time...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by the A* guy
Thank you for the reply, but I think being an integrated course means theory and clinical are taught in parallel and not in separate years. I think pbl or lectures don't relate to whether it is integrated, but I'm not too sure, I might be wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm in that case I think it's mainly PBL but they say they do lectures as well. From what I understand Exeter run it as theory and then clinical, although you do get some placements from early on in the course.

I'm in year 13 and not a resitter, with an interview if that's what you're asking? :smile:
Getting this health questionnaire signed by my doctor for next Wednesday is proving to be stressful as my doctor is only part time...think I've managed to sort it though! Strange that they don't ask for qualification certificates but they want the health questionnaire so soon! SGUL are the opposite.

Also, anyone with an interview...you know the first form on the "info for candidates invited for interview" document? We don't have to fill that in with a passport photo if we can provide ID (passport etc) do we? I emailed them to check but they obviously haven't had a chance to reply yet :smile:
Original post by Marathi
Ok thanks so 60-62. They're all pretty similar this year.

I'm hoping it's 61 or less, but I don't know if they take PS into account
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Benhope7
How did the process work for you. I mean dates of ukcat cutoffs, gamsat cutoffs, interviews and how long it took for offers?

I had my interview on 4th of December I think. They basically determined which applicants were good enough, based on academic and ukcat qualifications, and then I think it was done in alphabetical order. I got my offer end of January :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending