The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1040
Original post by ShruthiMani
St. Andrews, SOAS, Durham and Oxford(so freaking stressful). Waiting on all of them.... you?

Oxford, Bristol... Still waiting!
Had offers from Leeds and Sheffield as well :smile:

Which oxford college did you apply to?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by ee123
Oxford, Bristol... Still waiting!
Had offers from Leeds and Sheffield as well :smile:

Which oxford college did you apply to?

Corpus Christi, you?
Im so nervous about it. Interviews sound terrifying.
Reply 1042
Corpus Christi, you?
Im so nervous about it. Interviews sound terrifying.

Lady Margaret Hall! I doubt I will have got an interview
Original post by ee123
Lady Margaret Hall! I doubt I will have got an interview

yeah me too... Oxford was like the dream, had to try or I would regret it.... On a brighter note, I just got my offer from St. Andrews!
Reply 1044
yeah me too... Oxford was like the dream, had to try or I would regret it.... On a brighter note, I just got my offer from St. Andrews!

Well done! I think even if I did get oxford I might choose LSE! I love the course
Any Econ offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody here know if there have been offers sent out for math and econ yet? I haven't heard of anybody posting with an offer for it yet.
Original post by ak2015
Does anybody here know if there have been offers sent out for math and econ yet? I haven't heard of anybody posting with an offer for it yet.

Maths with econ as well... anyone?
To all the international students whose first language is not English: have you already done the IELTS exam? Because I did it last June and my overall score was 7.5 with only 6.5 in writing. I'm starting to think that it wasn't a good idea to mention that in my application because LSE sounds very strict on this! Maybe I should have just said that I was going to do another similar exam later this year. Do you think I will be largely penalised because I didn't meet the exact requirement? And how are you coping with your IELTS? Have you already done that?
Any offers for econ and econ history? Got the 8 week email almost 3 weeks ago:frown:(((

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EHZ17
Any Econ offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got Economics on Friday :smile:
Original post by cp1996

Congrats! :smile: When did you apply (or get your 8week email) and are you international?
Original post by mindispoison
Congrats! :smile: When did you apply (or get your 8week email) and are you international?

Thanks :biggrin: applied on the 9th October, they messed up with the 8 week email, so should've got it on the 31st October but didn't send, so got it on Wednesday...
Nope, UK applicant :smile:
Original post by cp1996
Thanks :biggrin: applied on the 9th October, they messed up with the 8 week email, so should've got it on the 31st October but didn't send, so got it on Wednesday...
Nope, UK applicant :smile:

Ahh, I sent on the same day. You mind sharing your stats?

You do FM?
Original post by EHZ17
Ahh, I sent on the same day. You mind sharing your stats?

You do FM?

Yeah sure, I do fm but I did C3 instead of another applied so I don't officially have AS fm yet :smile:
Maths/fm
C1: 100
C2: 100
C3: 100
FP1: 91
M1: 99
S1: 100

Economics
Unit 1: 96
Unit 2: 100

French
Unit 1: 49/60
Unit 2: 112/140

12A*s at gcse, not much work experience

The only other person I know who's got an offer for pure Eco has already posted on here I think- where did you apply???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cp1996
Yeah sure, I do fm but I did C3 instead of another applied so I don't officially have AS fm yet :smile:
Maths/fm
C1: 100
C2: 100
C3: 100
FP1: 91
M1: 99
S1: 100

Economics
Unit 1: 96
Unit 2: 100

French
Unit 1: 49/60
Unit 2: 112/140

12A*s at gcse, not much work experience

The only other person I know who's got an offer for pure Eco has already posted on here I think- where did you apply???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Warwick and Surrey.

Got an interview for Cam, open day/offer for UCL, AAA offer Surrey and nothing from LSE or Warwick.

I sound like a parrot. I doubt I will get an offer due to lack of A2 fm as I've only picked AS FM up this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EHZ17
Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Warwick and Surrey.

Got an interview for Cam, open day/offer for UCL, AAA offer Surrey and nothing from LSE or Warwick.

I sound like a parrot. I doubt I will get an offer due to lack of A2 fm as I've only picked AS FM up this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

As long as you've got AS fm I doubt it'll matter that much that you haven't got A2... Which college?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cp1996

Congrats:biggrin: You must have been a really strong contender to get an offer this early! If you don't mind me asking, where else have you applied?:smile:
Original post by cp1996
As long as you've got AS fm I doubt it'll matter that much that you haven't got A2... Which college?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Emmanuel, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice, Christ's

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply