The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Haven't applied to GS yet. Not seeing it as a problem since they apparently haven't started reviewing apps.
Reply 1961
Original post by Roadrage27
citi quest or citi scope?

Quest.
How are you guys holding up?

I did GS, JP, DB, BAML, Nomura, Rothschild. Also processing Barclays (gotta take the online assessment).
Thinking of starting UBS and CS but I think it's kind of late anyway. Was told that CS only recruit a very small amount of students cause most of their spring week attendees are insight days student who were fast-paced.
Small insight: most people at UCL Econ haven't done much yet spring-week wise and even though we had lots of events to prepare us etc I don't think they realise you're not suppose to apply the day of the deadline. Quite funny.

I want all my spring week work to be done by Sunday so I can focus on finishing the term correctly.
Good luck everyone :wink:
Original post by solaars
Small insight: most people at UCL Econ haven't done much yet spring-week wise and even though we had lots of events to prepare us etc I don't think they realise you're not suppose to apply the day of the deadline. Quite funny.

I can vouch for this. Many people I've spoken to have only sent 1/2 off as they don't realise that they're nearly all on a rolling basis.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloxorus
I can vouch for this. Many people I've spoken to have only sent 1/2 off as they don't realise that they're nearly all on a rolling basis.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that shows in spring week attendances, from previous years warwick and lse destroy everyone, then Oxbridge, and ucl is fighting with European schools for attention
Original post by Bloxorus

Hi mate. What do you think of Econ1001? How's first year going? Nice to meet you btw.
Interview in 3 hours, it's safe to say I'm nervous!
Did you guys write a cover letter for JPM? I went to one of their campus events and vaaaaguely remember the person saying that you don't need a cover letter but in the application there's place for an optional cover letter file :frown:
Reply 1968
If it's optional, then it's not :wink: Do one, nothing to lose, and shows an extra effort.
Original post by MathsNerd1
Interview in 3 hours, it's safe to say I'm nervous!

baml ibd? relax :smile:
Sorry for the redundancy, everyone. Just want to gauge how likely I will be rejected for Nomura.

How long did it take everyone to hear back? Is there a status change before an invite to interview or a rejection?
Original post by President M.E.
I have an interview for that tomorrow how was your interview?

Smashed it. Easy job mate.
Original post by JackR7821
Smashed it. Easy job mate.

Just done it now, I'm waiting on the end of the line for the result haha
Original post by welcometoib
baml ibd? relax :smile:

Nope, that's still under review, this is for my internship in summer in Shanghai.
Nope, that's still under review, this is for my internship in summer in Shanghai.

Which firm, may I ask? I am also looking for opps in HK/China for summer...
Original post by IB Fanboy
Which firm, may I ask? I am also looking for opps in HK/China for summer...

It's not a specific firm, instead it's a company that guarantees a place on an internship in their chosen field for everyone who gets on the program
Reply 1976
It's not a specific firm, instead it's a company that guarantees a place on an internship in their chosen field for everyone who gets on the program

May I ask what this program is?
Original post by KennyC
May I ask what this program is?

It's listed as Finance internships
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by solaars
Hi mate. What do you think of Econ1001? How's first year going? Nice to meet you btw.

Hey I remember speaking to you before we started.

ECON1001 was/is a pile of BS, but it is definitely getting better as time goes on. First year has been pretty amazing so far, made so many great friends and life is just great in general at UCL.

I'm finding it pretty tough to manage SW apps alongside work and society stuff though. I mean my marks are high and I'm not behind but I could definitely use a bit more time to look over stuff more than what I am currently. Are you involved in any societies?
Has anyone done the ICAP a/c? mine is friday and I dont know what to revise for the Trading Simulator? can anyone give me some hints/tips?

Latest

Trending

Trending