The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JackoRead
Has anyone done the ICAP a/c? mine is friday and I dont know what to revise for the Trading Simulator? can anyone give me some hints/tips?

Hey man, just submitted my ICAP application how long did it take for you to hear back?
So I'll find back within a week whether I've gained a place on the scheme or not and because I said I'm interested in going into IB, they said that I would be placed in an IB firm if I get in. Could be such a good summer ahead for me!
Original post by MathsNerd1
So I'll find back within a week whether I've gained a place on the scheme or not and because I said I'm interested in going into IB, they said that I would be placed in an IB firm if I get in. Could be such a good summer ahead for me!

I've had a look at these schemes and they look so good! How long did it take to hear back after submitting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've had a look at these schemes and they look so good! How long did it take to hear back after submitting?

Dude are these the schemes that you have to pay for? Mind spreading the love, and posting the link on the Studentroom??
Original post by Bloxorus

Posted from TSR Mobile

They really do don't they! Such a great experience! And I heard back within 48 hours of submitting my application. They wanted to interview me then and there but I managed to postpone it a bit so I could prepare for it a bit more.
Original post by MathsNerd1
They really do don't they! Such a great experience! And I heard back within 48 hours of submitting my application. They wanted to interview me then and there but I managed to postpone it a bit so I could prepare for it a bit more.

Could you be any more specific on the scheme?
Original post by Donniee

What about it?
What about it?

Do you mind sharing the link with us for this scheme?
Original post by Donniee

any update on jpm numerical?
Am I the only one who found Kenexa numerical tests SO much harder than SHL?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by B-Stacks
Am I the only one who found Kenexa numerical tests SO much harder than SHL?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah. I thought Kenexa was way easier.
My brother is a investment banker and gets 500k in bounses!

Now I go to sleep wearing Gucci !:biggrin:
Original post by MaGeehkaal
Hey man, just submitted my ICAP application how long did it take for you to hear back?

I submitted mid-september, so a while back mate
Original post by welcometoib
any update on jpm numerical?

Do you get invited to jpm numerical or are you supposed to take it after submitting?
Hey I remember speaking to you before we started.

ECON1001 was/is a pile of BS, but it is definitely getting better as time goes on. First year has been pretty amazing so far, made so many great friends and life is just great in general at UCL.

I'm finding it pretty tough to manage SW apps alongside work and society stuff though. I mean my marks are high and I'm not behind but I could definitely use a bit more time to look over stuff more than what I am currently. Are you involved in any societies?

Oh yeah I remember.
Yeah life at UC is great. Really, really fun times aha. Same feeling here, could use a couple more hours in the day to manage all my spring week stuff. Academic-wise I didn't find it really hard or whatever, even easy at times to be true. Except part of the stuff done with Pemberton aha..

And no, not involved with any societies, just a couple side activities like Bloomsbury Capital, and I go ~once a week to the HF I interned in to do some research lecture + see the ppl I worked with.. that's it. I'm thinking of going for committee positions in March though. You?
Original post by solaars
Oh yeah I remember.
Yeah life at UC is great. Really, really fun times aha. Same feeling here, could use a couple more hours in the day to manage all my spring week stuff. Academic-wise I didn't find it really hard or whatever, even easy at times to be true. Except part of the stuff done with Pemberton aha..

And no, not involved with any societies, just a couple side activities like Bloomsbury Capital, and I go ~once a week to the HF I interned in to do some research lecture + see the ppl I worked with.. that's it. I'm thinking of going for committee positions in March though. You?

Yeah I completely agree. Some of the Pemberton stuff can get pretty tricky but I think I'm finding it tough mainly because I just haven't really had time to sit down and read the book properly.

I got the first year rep position in one of the career related societies (I won't disclose which one to keep myself anon :wink:) which takes up a fair amount of time. Then I am also on the swim team which is pretty fun :smile:. I also intend to go for a committee position in march :smile:
Yeah I completely agree. Some of the Pemberton stuff can get pretty tricky but I think I'm finding it tough mainly because I just haven't really had time to sit down and read the book properly.

I got the first year rep position in one of the career related societies (I won't disclose which one to keep myself anon :wink:) which takes up a fair amount of time. Then I am also on the swim team which is pretty fun :smile:. I also intend to go for a committee position in march :smile:

Quite funny, one of the guys I know who comes here is a first-year rep for one of the societies as well. Swim team is cool. What society are you thinking of for march? Same as the one you're in I guess? Good luck :smile:
Original post by solaars
Quite funny, one of the guys I know who comes here is a first-year rep for one of the societies as well. Swim team is cool. What society are you thinking of for march? Same as the one you're in I guess? Good luck :smile:

Haha thats quite cool :smile: Yeah well I believe that I'm actually guaranteed a committee position in the society I'm currently in by being first year rep so thats there if I want to stay. So far the society is a really nice team to work with but I guess whether or not I stay depends on how much I enjoy it throughout the next couple of months.
Can everyone view their status on Rothschild?
Original post by IB Fanboy
Can everyone view their status on Rothschild?

yes, it hasn't even started to be bloody reviewed yet, just says its been received. Submitted it 1st October.

Latest