The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1740
Original post by EHZ17
Ah okay cool. Am I right in saying that it basically is an offer? Like I can relax a bit?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure... I have heard stories that people get "informal interviews" sprung on them at these open days, although I have no idea whether that is true...
I'm basically just gonna read the news tonight, skim over my AS notes and just read through the course in the prospectus again just in case!
Original post by gbg001
Not sure... I have heard stories that people get "informal interviews" sprung on them at these open days, although I have no idea whether that is true...
I'm basically just gonna read the news tonight, skim over my AS notes and just read through the course in the prospectus again just in case!

If there is an informal interview I doubt it'd be anything that could make us lose our offers aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol guys chill. There's no informal interview. I attended one of these last year, the whole day is essentially them selling UCL to you and trying to convince you on how they're better than Oxbridge/LSE to get people to firm them instead.

It's totally worth going, to see whether UCL is right for you if you're thinking of firming/insuring them.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by gbg001

I've been preparing for Cambridge so I should be okay. No doubt that is just complacency and I'll screw up haha
I'm going to the open day too! How should we dress? Dont wanna be overdressed if it is really an open day and dont wanna be underdressed if there are actually interviews...
Thanks!
Reply 1745
Original post by ArseneWenger
I'm going to the open day too! How should we dress? Dont wanna be overdressed if it is really an open day and dont wanna be underdressed if there are actually interviews...
Thanks!

I was thinking jeans & nice jumper (smart casual thing) but idk... What is everyone else wearing?
Original post by danialani_
unconditional offer from Birmingham ehehehehehe 🎉🎉

Well done! If you don't mind can you tell me your gcse's, as results and predictions? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
what are people wearing to their Cambridge/oxford interviews?
ye, just won our Target 2.0 regional heat!
Original post by jchap9776
what are people wearing to their Cambridge/oxford interviews?

I was thinking something I'd normally wear to sixth form so skirt, shirt etc but not a suit :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heard from durham today so I now have 4 offers and an interview at cambridge :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Heard from durham today so I now have 4 offers and an interview at cambridge :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow I still have to apply.
Well done. :smile:
Original post by abccba120
Well done! If you don't mind can you tell me your gcse's, as results and predictions? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!
My GCSEs were 2A*s, 7As and 2Bs
My AS Results were AABB
And my A2 Predictions are A*AA
:biggrin:
How many people have received offers from Warwick? I'm getting so worried now! :frown:
How was the UCL open day thingy for people who were invited, what happened?
Original post by Skill Twix
Wow I still have to apply.
Well done. :smile:

Thank you! :biggrin: I'm sure you'll hear soon after you apply, I got my first offer after 2 and a half weeks but everyone else seemed to get them much sooner :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anaarutyunyan
How many people have received offers from Warwick? I'm getting so worried now! :frown:

Last year they were still giving out offers in jan and feb to people who'd applied October time
If you look on warwick's university connect not that many people appear to have economics offers yet :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1757
Original post by kiesh123
How was the UCL open day thingy for people who were invited, what happened?

They basically gave us a speech on how UCL is as good as LSE and Oxbridge, we got to chat to some of the undergrads and professors and got a quick tour around campus :smile:
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Last year they were still giving out offers in jan and feb to people who'd applied October time
If you look on warwick's university connect not that many people appear to have economics offers yet :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay that's makes me feel a bit better, thank you:smile: just seen bits of the convo with loads getting offers from LSE, UCL, notts etc, and I haven't applied to any of them apart from Warwick which is obviously very competitive!
Original post by gbg001
They basically gave us a speech on how UCL is as good as LSE and Oxbridge, we got to chat to some of the undergrads and professors and got a quick tour around campus :smile:

Thanks for the response :smile: So no interview or anything of the sort just casual chats? Is being invited to the day pretty much guaranteeing an offer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending