The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rosie95
Does anyone know whether you can still move in on the Sunday to roscoe and gladstone even if there is no time slots available?? Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am in Roscoe and gladstone as well, if you ring up accommodation they will let you change if you say you cannot arrive another time.
Have you got your room number yet ?
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Ahh thanks so much u going down on the Saturday? I think I'm gonna have toe arrive on the Sunday do u think that wud be ok?? I'm b17 what about u?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im going down sunday, I think it depends on your block because different blocks have been given different days. Most of my block are going sunday so im sure it will be fine. Im in p22
Oh that will be good then... I'm really nervous haha where are u coming from?? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
How many bags is everyone moving in with? It seems like i have LOADS lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krazy_b
How many bags is everyone moving in with? It seems like i have LOADS lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I probably will have loads too, don't worry :smile:
Original post by rosie95
Oh that will be good then... I'm really nervous haha where are u coming from?? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too and Cumbria you
So, I haven't read the whole thread, but I was wondering :

Is vine court/crown place massively oversubscribed?

I'm applying next week (for 2015) and if I get an offer I would definitely be happiest there, but it seems like everyone would be?
I'm living in greenbank now I applied for crown place I'm very happy here but yes everyone living with me applied for crown place everyone will apply.
Original post by Azurefeline
So, I haven't read the whole thread, but I was wondering :

Is vine court/crown place massively oversubscribed?

I'm applying next week (for 2015) and if I get an offer I would definitely be happiest there, but it seems like everyone would be?

I currently live in crown and a lot of people apply!! I asked for a single en suite and got a double ensuite however I know a lot of people who didn't get a place at all. I say have a look at the other accomodation too- Carnatic etc. I do sport so sometime have to get the bus to Carnatic and I like it there! Its very different to crown however you never know till you look! :smile: if you have any questions about anything let me know.
Reply 1790
Hi, does anyone know what will happen if we cancel the Tenant Agreement between us and university accommodation? One of my friend is in trouble now. She can't live in that accommodation due to cultural shock. She also talked with Accommodation Office but they required evidence of cultural shock. Does anyone know how to show them that she was suffered cultural shock?
Original post by Emma1511062
I currently live in crown and a lot of people apply!! I asked for a single en suite and got a double ensuite however I know a lot of people who didn't get a place at all. I say have a look at the other accomodation too- Carnatic etc. I do sport so sometime have to get the bus to Carnatic and I like it there! Its very different to crown however you never know till you look! :smile: if you have any questions about anything let me know.

Sure, I see. Did you put location as your priority on the accommodation form, once you had it (and was Liverpool your firm?)
Which accommodation are most people thinking of applying to?
I'm thinking either Greenbank/Carnatic as that's where most undergrads go, but can't decide which out of the two.

How many people do you share a kitchen with at crown? And what's the male/female ratio? thanks!

Are the double and single rooms the same size just with a bigger bed?
I've just applied to accommodation. Crown single, double, vine catered.

All I want is an on campus room - going to have to pray to the random selection gods for the next 7months or so!
Original post by Azurefeline
I've just applied to accommodation. Crown single, double, vine catered.

All I want is an on campus room - going to have to pray to the random selection gods for the next 7months or so!

Wait so accommodation is randomly selected??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by laura596
Wait so accommodation is randomly selected??

Posted from TSR Mobile

It says they give priority to unconditional firm, then conditional and then insurance choice - but I hear campus is massively oversubscribed so a lot of people end up on the off campus (which I don't want) but there's only do much you can do to maximise your chances!
Cool, I have an unconditional and I've (obviously) firmed it for next academic year. Last month I picked, vine then crown court then crown court double. Are the chances high of me getting my first choices for accommodation?
Hi,

I'm a second year student and I'd really recommend putting Prospect Point or Opal Court if you want to be on campus. They're not UoL owned so less people seem to apply for them and they're much cheaper than Vine Court or Crown Court.
I was in Prospect Point in first year and it was great for the most part. They split the halls into John Moores and Uni of so you're only in flats and blocks with people of your own university. It's right next to the university (by the Royal Liverpool Hospital) and also 2mins or less from a Lidl, tesco, 3 different pizza places, greggs, subway, starbucks, post office etc.
It was one of the options you could pick when going through Uni of accommodation procedure when I picked accommodation

If you have an unconditional offer then the chances are very high of you getting your first choice of accommodation. I had an unconditional and got my first choice.
The computer system messed up when we all got our accommodation through though so at first we were all given accommodation that we hated and wasn't any of our choices. If you get accommodation that isn't one of your choices then ring them up and definitely don't immediately accept it (even though it says do) because it could be a system error like it was for us and it's more difficult for you to change once you've accepted.

I knew a girl who was put in Greenbank and went there but she hated it so went to the accommodation office and asked to move and they sent her to Prospect Point mid-way through first semester. So if you do end up in accommodation you don't like then don't panic because you're not necessarily stuck there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending