The Student Room Group

Cambridge Medicine applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Could I kill myself before I received any notice from Cambridge? Certainly not good enough for it....
Anyone heard anything from Christ's college yet? I really need to know because I've got shifts everyday the interview week except Thursday so If they don't tell me soon I won't have time to swap them about!! I'm praying for an Interview! :/
BMAT Results: 7.2, 5.7, 3.5A I can't be happy till I know if I've got an Interview :/
Applying to Downing and I got 5.4, 5.7 and 2.5A :frown: What are my chances like? 95.4% UMS and 10A*s 2As at GCSE.
Original post by savan_shah96
YEEEESSS!!! JUST GOT AN UNCONDITIONAL OFFER FROM TRINITY!!! AAAAH SOO HYPED :eek:

Is that a bitch voice?
Has anyone else here applied to Selwyn? I want to know what I'm up against...
Reply 325
Bit upset with my section 1 score for BMAT, what are my chances for Christ College:

S1: 5.1 S2: 6.3 S3: 3.5A
11.5A*s at GCSE, 95UMS avg for AS and predicted 3A*S

Really worried my BMAT isnt great :frown:
Reply 326
Original post by DCMed96
Could I kill myself before I received any notice from Cambridge? Certainly not good enough for it....

How did you do? :redface:
Original post by a123a
I feel your pain. I got 5.1 5.7 3.5A. With 10A*s As and a B and 97% average of best three surely an interview is possible, right?
Maybe we're over exaggerating. Actually we are. We all look strong on paper and they can't expect everyone to get top marks in everything.

Good luck! :smile:

We all will get an interview but I feel you guys! I wish I could've done a little better! But our UMS's are solid, and that's the most important thing. Plus if we wow them at interview then a slightly mediocre BMAT won't matter.

Also Cambridge generally don't care about the essay :wink:
Reply 328
:biggrin: Just got an interview at Trinity Hall, so happy!

BMAT: 9.0, 6.6, 3.5A
95.7% ums average
5A*'s prediction for A2
Original post by aprocrastinator
We all will get an interview but I feel you guys! I wish I could've done a little better! But our UMS's are solid, and that's the most important thing. Plus if we wow them at interview then a slightly mediocre BMAT won't matter.

The essay section is like my biggest insecurity now because of imperial's cutoffs :frown: Did you apply to any other BMAT unis?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ghys

95.7% ums average
5A*'s prediction for A2

DAT BMAT SCORE - are you human? :biggrin:

Seriously though, congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ghys

95.7% ums average
5A*'s prediction for A2

A bit crazy :smile: but meh, I can still work in KFC.
Original post by a123a
How did you do? :redface:

POOR.
Reply 332
Original post by aprocrastinator

Yeah that's true!
Reply 333
Original post by DCMed96
A bit crazy :smile: but meh, I can still work in KFC.

POOR.

Dw your ums should get an interview. You can easily say you had an off-day. If they can understand people having off-days for their A level exams they can do the same with people sitting the BMAT.
Original post by GuitaringMedic
So, how dead am I with a 2A?:smile:

My son is a current medic at Cambridge and he got a 2A

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 5.7, 4.9, 4A. Does anyone think I could actually get an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by savan_shah96
YEEEESSS!!! JUST GOT AN UNCONDITIONAL OFFER FROM TRINITY!!! AAAAH SOO HYPED :eek:

Shoulda picked a different college to troll with! :tongue: :troll:

http://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/applicant-information (Penultimate bullet point in "What must I do now?")
Original post by a123a
Dw your ums should get an interview. You can easily say you had an off-day. If they can understand people having off-days for their A level exams they can do the same with people sitting the BMAT.

Cambridge (Downing) has NO mercy AT ALL on poor BMAT scores.
Original post by DCMed96

But your score can't be classified as poor. Stop being paranoid :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 339
Original post by DCMed96

And what's a poor score in your opinion?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending