The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leehs2015
I did PPE for oxford, UCL, n king's college, n waiting for all of them.... god the wait is killing me haha

better not stress, UCL replied to me on 31. March :biggrin: so you might have still like 4 months to go
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by ProjectNr2
I´m currently already at university, but my brother is applying this year and because he was checking e-mails and tsr like a drug addict i banned him and took the lead :biggrin:
He´s EU-national, and applied to OX (PPE), LSE (Phil & Econ) and UCL(PPE), no replies at all so far.
I´m just wondering because when i was rejected last year by oxford i only received a letter on like the 8th of december. Weird that you got an e-mail

omg your action is so iconic ahah
Reply 1082
Original post by cp1996
Yeah sure, I do fm but I did C3 instead of another applied so I don't officially have AS fm yet :smile:
Maths/fm
C1: 100
C2: 100
C3: 100
FP1: 91
M1: 99
S1: 100

Economics
Unit 1: 96
Unit 2: 100

French
Unit 1: 49/60
Unit 2: 112/140

12A*s at gcse, not much work experience

The only other person I know who's got an offer for pure Eco has already posted on here I think- where did you apply???

Posted from TSR Mobile

hmmm... pretty average... only 81 UMS for French... :/
Original post by Zenith154
I'm applying for the same course too! But deferred entry though. Dont know anyone who has got an offer yet :/ Are you a UK student or intl?

International student studying in the uk :smile:
Original post by leehs2015
Anybody else heard for Politics and IR too?

Nope, I'm half way through my fifth week now and I haven't heard back from them since the 8 week email was sent.
I was wondering what exactly the "8 week email is", I've been lurking for a while in this thread and people talk about it like it's assumed knowledge. Hopefully someone can clean this up!

Original post by annanoon918
just got an 8- week email as well ... OMG this is really freaking me out.... i applied for accounting and finance and one of my classmate's already got rejected... anyone got an offer for this course?

I've applied, currently in my 3rd week of waiting. i understand it to mean if you were gonna get rejected; you would be rejected outright or after the 2 week email. Thats what i keep telling myself anyway! lol

What are your GCSE / A level grades etc if you don't mind me asking?

Mine are:
8A* 2A + A (max grade) in additional Maths
German A (A pred)
Economics B (A pred)
Maths A (A* pred)
Further Maths A (A pred)
Original post by Audi
I was wondering what exactly the "8 week email is", I've been lurking for a while in this thread and people talk about it like it's assumed knowledge. Hopefully someone can clean this up!

My experience was this; First I got an acknowledgement email saying it would take two weeks for admissions to process my application and then after a while I got another email stating that a decision would be reached within 8 weeks. I however got my offer much before.

Hopefully this helps!
Original post by Audi

They send you an e-mail to inform you that they will make a decision on your application within eight weeks.
Reply 1089
has anyone heard back for E&EH?
Original post by jwl97
has anyone heard back for E&EH?

Don't think anyone has here :/ 3 weeks into my 8 week email, what about you?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1091
Original post by Gcseboy1997
Don't think anyone has here :/ 3 weeks into my 8 week email, what about you?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing at all - currently 6 weeks in
Original post by Barleywolf
Anyone get offers for IR? What week?

I got my offer for international relations and history a couple weeks ago.
Original post by JollyFellow
I got my offer for international relations and history a couple weeks ago.

Are you from the UK or are you an international student?
Still no word from LSE.

*HUFF*
Anyone get offers for Social Policy or Social Policy and Economics ?
I just received an offer for the BSC in Government and History!
So chuffed!
Original post by ChloeDanielle97
I just received an offer for the BSC in Government and History!
So chuffed!

Well congratulations! Have you received that today? Also are you an international student? BTW I'm happy for you!
Any internationals get offers for law yet? I got the 8 week email on 10th October and it's 27th November now. God 😢
Original post by Kalleblomk
Well congratulations! Have you received that today? Also are you an international student? BTW I'm happy for you!

I did receive it today, I'm a UK student based in a London Sixth Form and thank you so much! Best of luck with hearing back for your own application if you've applied and are still waiting! It took 5 of the 8 weeks for them to get back to me and it killed me… I currently have offers from LSE, UCL and King's College, I applied to LSE twice so I'm waiting to hear back from the History department and I have an interview at Cambridge on the 10th! Thank you so much again :smile:! Any fellow Historians out there?! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending