The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hi!
I have my interview on the 3rd December for Manchester Met and 10th for Manchester and I am so nervous.
:frown:
Also, I applied to Reading and within a few days of applying they offered me a place for an additional course- "Psychology and Language Sciences"- did this happen for anyone else?:frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi all,
I was wondering the average time it has taken for people to hear back for interviews/unsuccessful/or successful although this wouldn't happen without an interview.
Just so I can let my mind rest!!
Well done to everyone who has got interviews or is waiting I'm sure you will all do fine!! X
Original post by laurenemily03
Hi all,
I was wondering the average time it has taken for people to hear back for interviews/unsuccessful/or successful although this wouldn't happen without an interview.
Just so I can let my mind rest!!
Well done to everyone who has got interviews or is waiting I'm sure you will all do fine!! X

Complete range, last year I got an offer from Strathclyde in 6 working days after applying, Sheffield made me wait from the 25th of Feb before finally rejecting me on the 30th April :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nesca89
Last year DMU offered me a place on an Audiology degree, which just doesn't make sense. So I assume it will be this one for you. Have you asked why your were unsuccessful? And have you heard back from any other universities?

Yeah, they told me that my personal statement wasn't detailed enough, but I got a interview at mmu so I presumed it must of been okay ?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amypewwy
Hi!
I have my interview on the 3rd December for Manchester Met and 10th for Manchester and I am so nervous.
:frown:
Also, I applied to Reading and within a few days of applying they offered me a place for an additional course- "Psychology and Language Sciences"- did this happen for anyone else?:frown:

Both exact same dates as me hehe. Don't be nervous, they make you feel really relaxed. And it's only a written interview so you don't have to talk much :tongue:

I haven't applied to reading but I know some universities who do offer additional courses if you don't meet their standards for a particular course
Original post by SarahBennett97
Yeah, they told me that my personal statement wasn't detailed enough, but I got a interview at mmu so I presumed it must of been okay ?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think all universities look for different people. Maybe you weren't right for DMU but you are right for man met :smile:
Original post by nesca89
Both exact same dates as me hehe. Don't be nervous, they make you feel really relaxed. And it's only a written interview so you don't have to talk much :tongue:

I haven't applied to reading but I know some universities who do offer additional courses if you don't meet their standards for a particular course

No way!! I'm trying so hard to not be nervous and keep calm but I know I'll be a nervous wreck on the day!! What are your other choices? 😊
Hello everybody, is anyone else attending the 20th January interview at University of East Anglia? I just requested a different date due to already accepting an interview at Marjon...what are the chances of them giving me a different date? Is that usually okay? :s
No way!! I'm trying so hard to not be nervous and keep calm but I know I'll be a nervous wreck on the day!! What are your other choices? 😊

You'll be fine when you're there, that expect people to be nervous anyway so don't worry :smile: my other choices are DMU, sheffield and Leeds. What about you?
Original post by soufflekitty
Hello everybody, is anyone else attending the 20th January interview at University of East Anglia? I just requested a different date due to already accepting an interview at Marjon...what are the chances of them giving me a different date? Is that usually okay? :s

I've had to ask 2 universities to change the dates and they've had no problem doing this for me :smile:
Original post by SarahBennett97
Hey guys,
I emailed de Montfort when people started getting interviews through, because it had been three weeks since I sent my application off. They emailed me back and told me that I was unsuccessful, but they had my place on hold in case they can offer me a place on a different course, anyone else had this? What could they offer me because they're are no similar courses in this university? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no, I haven't heard from DMU either :/ should I email them? I didn't realise people were getting interviews for it!
Original post by nesca89
You'll be fine when you're there, that expect people to be nervous anyway so don't worry :smile: my other choices are DMU, sheffield and Leeds. What about you?

I should be fine when I'm there, I think it's the build up of it all! Ooh mine are BCU and Leeds! Which uni was your favourite? :smile:
I should be fine when I'm there, I think it's the build up of it all! Ooh mine are BCU and Leeds! Which uni was your favourite? :smile:

Well I don't want to move so would travel, hoping to get into Manchester, I don't really mind which one. :smile: what about you?
Did anyone else get an interview from sheffield today? For January :smile:
Original post by nesca89
My uni of Manchester interview is on the 10th too! Scary isn't it, it's so close now!

It's so scary! Also having to aaaaages know how you actually did, ah well it'll all be worth it in the end :smile: So I'll see you at the interview aha!x
Original post by Dancer32014
Did anyone else get an interview from sheffield today? For January :smile:

Ooooo well done! Have you applied for the 3 year or the 4 year course?x
Original post by Ellice97
It's so scary! Also having to aaaaages know how you actually did, ah well it'll all be worth it in the end :smile: So I'll see you at the interview aha!x

Yeah it sucks having to wait... Did you apply to man met? Last year uni of Manchester made us wait till the end of March, at least this time it's the beginning hehe

Don't you have to do the 4 year course (BMediSc) to qualify as an SLT? If you were unsuccessful last year the were offering the 3 year course as an alternative but it was about as useful for SLT as DMU's alternative offer of audiology and Reading's for psychology!

Thanks! The 4 year one. Which have you applied for?
Original post by nesca89
Yeah it sucks having to wait... Did you apply to man met? Last year uni of Manchester made us wait till the end of March, at least this time it's the beginning hehe

Oh but the waiting makes you stronger - no I lie - its awful!! Hopefully if MMU follow last years pattern you will have one answer quite quickly. Leeds were also pretty fast last year. Have they not started with interviews yet?

Afraid Sheffield UofM and DMU were in the slow group last year.

Quick Reply

Latest