Why do you heat a sucrose solution containing an enzymes

What would happen to the enzyme if you Change the concentration of Sucrose
Reply 2
Sorry But this does not answer my questions
There is no Information here which answer my questions
Original post by Why me
Sorry But this does not answer my questions
There is no Information here which answer my questions

Indirectly, the above poster does give you relevant information: however, it deals with lactose instead of sucrose.

Sucrose is composed of fructose and glucose. When it is subjected to action of enzyme sucrase, it is broken down into these constituent pasrts by enzymatic action.
Heating this solution would probably be done with the purpose of studying the effects of denaturation. However, you should also keep in mind that rate of enzyme catalysis increases with temperature to a certain limit, after which denaturation occurs.
If you have studied enzyme kinetics, you might have come across the effect of substrate on enzyme action. The same rules apply here. When the substrate (sucrose) concentration decreases against an assumed constant enzyme concentration, fewer of the active sites will be occupied by sucrose, and hence the rate of reaction will decrease. Increasing or decreasing concentration of sucrose won't have any actual physical effect on shape on enzyme (except, of course, the change in active site configuration)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Why me
Why do you heat a sucrose solution containing an enzymes

What would happen to the enzyme if you Change the concentration of Sucrose

Heating sucrose solution containing enzymes increases the temperature of the solution, the higher the temperature the faster the reaction. More molecules of sucrose which means more collision. The collison causes the substract to bind to the active site of the enzyme to form substract complex. If you change the concentration of surose: the higher the concentration more particles more collision therefore collide into the enzyme forming an enzyme substract. Less concentration less particles less collision therefore slow reaction. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending