The Student Room Group

Freaking out - found condoms in my boyfriend's room, we don't use condoms.

My boyfriend is out for a bit so I decided to clean his room to be nice while he is gone. Anyway, my morbid curiosity ended in my looking in his bedside drawer. Nothing unusual in there at first, until I saw a bag screwed up in the corner, in which I found about 6 condoms. We haven't used condoms for over 6 months and these aren't the same ones we used back at the beginning (different brand). I'm panicking now, I'm sure there's a rational explanation and I can't exactly confront him about it because I was obviously snooping. What can I do?!

Scroll to see replies

Like you said, there will be a rational explanation, maybe they are really old and he forgot about them? This will sound bad but if you really feel like you cannot confront him... maybe count how many condoms there are and at a later date (month or so) check again?

In all honesty I think you should just confront him, either way your in the wrong for snooping but not knowing will be too much and cause you to snoop even more.
Maybe he keeps them handy just in case there is a problem with the other form of contraception you use?

You sound extremely paranoid. Stop going through your boyfriend's drawers and snooping around his room, it's an invasion of his privacy and it makes it look like you don't trust him.
When do they expire? That'll help you work out how new they are :h:
Reply 4
Expiry 2017...doesnt mean anything to me.

I've checked again, there's 8 condoms and 2 empty wrappers. Wtf, who keeps condom wrappers?! I'm so confused. Surely if they were from when we used them they'd have been thrown away months ago?! I'm pretty sure we threw the wrappers away every time....
Original post by Anonymous
Expiry 2017...doesnt mean anything to me.

Well it should as it means those are new condoms... He's been a naughty boy :colone:
Reply 6
Another thing, I hadn't seen him for over a week and when we had sex he didn't finish.. Which NEVER happens, usually it's the other way round especially if we haven't done it for a while. I thought it was weird but now I'm thinking the worst..
Reply 7
Original post by tehFrance
Well it should as it means those are new condoms... He's been a naughty boy :colone:

How can you tell, could they have been bought around 6 months ago?
Hmmm. Definitely weird. HOWEVER, it could be that he bought them ages ago, when you started dating and never threw them out. And re wrappers - again, maybe didn't get round to throwing them out as you were 'caught in the moment'. Ask him when he returns, casually, face to fact. His facial reaction will tell you everything.
How can you tell, could they have been bought around 6 months ago?

Considering that they should only be good for two years (approx), I doubt it but is there a manufacture date or is it just expiry date?
Considering that they should only be good for two years (approx), I doubt it but is there a manufacture date or is it just expiry date?

I read online it can be between 4-5 years?
I read online it can be between 4-5 years?

Is there a manufacture date or not?
He's having sexy times with someone else. You should stalk him or hire a private detective and confront him with the evidence. Shame him in front of his friends and record it and post it on you tube.
Is there a manufacture date or not?

Nope just expiry
Maybe he just likes posh ****ing (masturbation wearing a condom)
Nope just expiry

Then they're for roughly 2 years.
Omg that's so dreadful, you must be devastated you poor thing. It's so sad that your boyfriend is being unfaithful to you.

I would definitely confront him about this and expose his infidelity to the light of day. Men are so selfish and deceitful.
Original post by C_tinie_D
... maybe count how many condoms there are and at a later date (month or so) check again?

Strong private detective potential.
Original post by chazwomaq
Strong private detective potential.

Haha, I'm saying nothing.
My boyfriend is out for a bit so I decided to clean his room to be nice while he is gone. Anyway, my morbid curiosity ended in my looking in his bedside drawer. Nothing unusual in there at first, until I saw a bag screwed up in the corner, in which I found about 6 condoms. We haven't used condoms for over 6 months and these aren't the same ones we used back at the beginning (different brand). I'm panicking now, I'm sure there's a rational explanation and I can't exactly confront him about it because I was obviously snooping. What can I do?!

Sometimes my GP sticks me a wad of condoms randomly, maybe his did and he just threw them in the drawer?