The Student Room Group

Self Teaching C2 for now

Ok so i'm going to be self teaching myself C2 for the next few weeks and I was wondering if there was anyone on here who self taught themselves C2 or any teachers who could give me an indication of the order in which I work through C2 or the easiest topics from C2?

Reply 1
Original post by I_Like_Maths
Ok so i'm going to be self teaching myself C2 for the next few weeks and I was wondering if there was anyone on here who self taught themselves C2 or any teachers who could give me an indication of the order in which I work through C2 or the easiest topics from C2?

Why are you self teaching?
Original post by TeeEm
Why are you self teaching?

My class do S1 but I also do A-level stats, so i'm not required to go maths for the next 2 weeks roughly. But I just like to try keep ahead and stay on top rather than do no maths for the next 2 weeks. Hope that makes sense it's a messy situation haha!:biggrin:
Reply 3
Try "Hegarty Maths" on YouTube :')
Reply 4
My class do S1 but I also do A-level stats, so i'm not required to go maths for the next 2 weeks roughly. But I just like to try keep ahead and stay on top rather than do no maths for the next 2 weeks. Hope that makes sense it's a messy situation haha!:biggrin:

Regardless the board you follow, get a board recommended C2 textbook and follow the order in the book
Original post by TeeEm
Regardless the board you follow, get a board recommended C2 textbook and follow the order in the book

Sorry I forgot to mention we're with edexcel. We have been given a green C1/C2 textbook for the year but so far i've found the examples it gives rather poor I just think it's really useful for the questions and solutions.

Should I just find what they have listed as the first topic in the C2 section and then learn it how I normally would?
Reply 6
Sorry I forgot to mention we're with edexcel. We have been given a green C1/C2 textbook for the year but so far i've found the examples it gives rather poor I just think it's really useful for the questions and solutions.

Should I just find what they have listed as the first topic in the C2 section and then learn it how I normally would?

this sounds like the ELMWOOD PRESS textbook, which is not the best for self teaching, although it has good questions to practice
Reply 7
Original post by TeeEm

Has your class started C2 yet? If not, just focus on the first three chapters for the next three weeks. I know some schools don't teach in the same order as the book does (So you might wanna check with a teacher what chapters you will be doing first)
Reply 8
Original post by Dylann
Has your class started C2 yet? If not, just focus on the first three chapters for the next three weeks. I know some schools don't teach in the same order as the book does (So you might wanna check with a teacher what chapters you will be doing first)

I will check with my teacher ...
Original post by TeeEm
this sounds like the ELMWOOD PRESS textbook, which is not the best for self teaching, although it has good questions to practice

Yep it's the elmwood press textbook, I'd agree that it has some good questions to practice with. Do you know if the Edexcel CGP complete revision and practise textbook is any good for self teaching?
Original post by Dylann

Nope we haven't really done much from C2. We've done Stationary points and increasing/decreasing functions but that's about it.
Reply 11
Yep it's the elmwood press textbook, I'd agree that it has some good questions to practice with. Do you know if the Edexcel CGP complete revision and practise textbook is any good for self teaching?

combination of books is the best ...

I am self teaching at the moment and use several different books and resources.

Say for one particular topic if you combine you will have several different types of worked examples to understand and teach yourself

Do use videos too

I use U tube

If you are still stuck or unsure ask here...
Original post by TeeEm
combination of books is the best ...

I am self teaching at the moment and use several different books and resources.

Say for one particular topic if you combine you will have several different types of worked examples to understand and teach yourself

Do use videos too

I use U tube

If you are still stuck or unsure ask here...

No worries mate sounds good:smile:, You mind me asking what modules you are self teaching?
Reply 13
No worries mate sounds good:smile:, You mind me asking what modules you are self teaching?

I am redoing my degree at the moment
:smile:
Original post by TeeEm
I am redoing my degree at the moment
:smile:

Ah ok wow, Hope it all goes well for you!:smile:
Reply 15
Ah ok wow, Hope it all goes well for you!:smile:

slowly but surely
:wink:
Reply 16
Original post by TeeEm
I will check with my teacher ...

Sorry I just realised I didn't mean to quote you originally
Original post by TeeEm
slowly but surely
:wink:

I'm sure you'll be fine mate:smile:, is it alright to message you? I just want to ask a few questions.
Reply 18
Original post by Dylann
Sorry I just realised I didn't mean to quote you originally

No worries ...

Quick Reply

Latest