The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Anyone looked at the CMS application? For referee you need a 'company/organisation' referee as well as academic. Do you think I can get away with using my most recent job for a referee which was now over 1 year ago at a supermarket where I worked for just over a year so it would be really general?
Original post by Joseph1994
SH winter offer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! :biggrin:
Original post by sociostudent
Anyone looked at the CMS application? For referee you need a 'company/organisation' referee as well as academic. Do you think I can get away with using my most recent job for a referee which was now over 1 year ago at a supermarket where I worked for just over a year so it would be really general?

I should think so, it's still a company referee, that's what I've done.
Has anyone applied for Slaughters vac scheme? My application's been 'under review' for quite some time now, so I want to know how long the wait was for anyone who's heard back from there :smile:
Original post by Kidioteque
What do you guys reckon about applying for a firm if you were rejected for a first-year insight scheme with them?

Definitely still apply, it shows persistence and commitment
Has anyone received a rejection from Mishcon yet? Or if you have received an interview - how long did it take for them to respond? I submitted my application over 4 weeks ago. Thank you
Original post by legallife
Definitely still apply, it shows persistence and commitment

Cheers!
Invitation to Hogan Lovells AC
Original post by legallife
Anyone heard back from Linklaters post assessment day?

Hi, have you heard back yet? Good luck if not!

I have an assessment day coming up- how did you find it? I heard the Partner interview is somewhat hellish.. they really grill you on commercial awareness?
Original post by helphelphelphelp
Hi, have you heard back yet? Good luck if not!

I have an assessment day coming up- how did you find it? I heard the Partner interview is somewhat hellish.. they really grill you on commercial awareness?

Thanks :smile: good luck to you too. I think the day is okay but the partner interview is designed to be tough. They asked me several commercial questions which were only loosely related to the case study. They also ask about your career motivation and pick out random things from your app and ask you to expand. Good luck!

(and nope I still haven't heard back yet)
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi there,

I have a 1 week placement arranged at a commercial firm in London, starting 15th December.

Do you think it is wise to delay sending off any applications until this placement is complete? A lot of the firms I am applying to have not made it clear if they operate a rolling basis recruitment policy, but if it can be assumed they all do, is this a risk worth taking?

I should note all my deadlines are 31st January 2015.

Thanks!
Original post by Kidioteque
Invitation to Hogan Lovells AC

Congrats, when was your telephone interview?
Reply 312
Hey to those who have had Linklaters ACs and Jones Day interviews, how long did it take for you guys to hear back after applying?
Original post by bbzac
Hey to those who have had Linklaters ACs and Jones Day interviews, how long did it take for you guys to hear back after applying?

Was interviewed for the summer scheme on Monday afternoon, received an offer at 4pm today. :smile:

This was for Jones Day!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mcrlawstudent
Was interviewed for the summer scheme on Monday afternoon, received an offer at 4pm today. :smile:

Was this Links or JD? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Joseph1994
Was this Links or JD? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apologies, for Jones Day! I have modified by original post to reflect this.
Reply 316
Original post by mcrlawstudent
Apologies, for Jones Day! I have modified by original post to reflect this.

Thats great well done! I meant how long after you sent off your app were you invited to interview?
Reply 317
Original post by miniteen
Have you heard back from HSF?

Hi was invited to the AC last week and got an offer two days later...have you heard back yet?!
Original post by bbzac

Original post by thomasllf
Has anyone who has been interviewed by Jones Day for a summer vacation scheme heard back from them yet? If so, how long did it take to hear back after having the interview?

I interviewed last Tuesday, and got my offer for Jones Day's summer vac scheme at 7pm today!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tunafish
Congrats, when was your telephone interview?

Yesterday - yours was today, right? How did it go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending