The Student Room Group

Geology & Earth Sciences 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KingPanda
If I'm called for an interview at imperial what are my chances of getting an offer?
And how long does it take for an offer to come through?
Im just a little nervous but excited to right now :colondollar:

They don't release official statistics on how likely you are to get a place given that you have an interview but my guess is 50-60%. At least for me (this may have changed) the offer was sent as a letter and I received it the Wednesday after the interview. UCAS still hasn't updated though.
Just received an Unconditional from Leicester :biggrin:
Original post by Jords13
Just received an Unconditional from Leicester :biggrin:

Well done! Do you like Leicester?
Original post by Chlorophile
Well done! Do you like Leicester?

It's alright but not my top choice ofcourse. I'm just happy to get an unconditional. :smile:
Original post by Jords13
It's alright but not my top choice ofcourse. I'm just happy to get an unconditional. :smile:

What are your predicted grades?
Original post by Citipati
What are your predicted grades?

AAA
Reply 306
What do people think about living in London as a student? If i get an offer and the grades for Imperial, is it stupid not to take that opportunity and go elsewhere? It sounds like the most prestigious course and highest employability (alongside Cambridge), but I'm just wondering if I would actually enjoy my time as a student in London, being so expensive and such a big place.
Original post by jbrown2
What do people think about living in London as a student? If i get an offer and the grades for Imperial, is it stupid not to take that opportunity and go elsewhere? It sounds like the most prestigious course and highest employability (alongside Cambridge), but I'm just wondering if I would actually enjoy my time as a student in London, being so expensive and such a big place.

Completely depends on what you want from your student experience. I want to get out of London as soon as possible (and the cost of Imperial makes me dizzy) but not everyone will have that attitude.
I got an offer from UCL. (Without an interview!) offer for AAB
I got an offer from UCL. (Without an interview!) offer for AAB

Well done. Is that Geology or Geophysics? Or Earth Sciences?
Well done. Is that Geology or Geophysics? Or Earth Sciences?

Msci Earth Sciences.

I have to attend the applicants day. Did you attend it, or are you going to attend it?
Msci Earth Sciences.

I have to attend the applicants day. Did you attend it, or are you going to attend it?

I'm attending. When's your day? I'm on the 10th December.
I'm attending. When's your day? I'm on the 10th December.

I haven't received the letter yet- but I persume is tenth too, as they just have two dates.
I haven't received the letter yet- but I persume is tenth too, as they just have two dates.

They've definitely got more than two dates, I got a list from the head of admissions!
They've definitely got more than two dates, I got a list from the head of admissions!

Well it must've been just me (when I was looking at their site there was one in December and april).
The odd thing is- on their portal it is written "In Admission", even when they claim we get an offer first on their sire, then get one in UCAS. I hope there will be no complications.
Well it must've been just me (when I was looking at their site there was one in December and april).
The odd thing is- on their portal it is written "In Admission", even when they claim we get an offer first on their sire, then get one in UCAS. I hope there will be no complications.

Well the admissions day is compulsory, as far as I know.
Well the admissions day is compulsory, as far as I know.

Yep- the condition said exact thing. I am looking forward it. (Albeit, two six hour journeys seem dizzying now).
Yep- the condition said exact thing. I am looking forward it. (Albeit, two six hour journeys seem dizzying now).

Wow, a 12 hour journey? You poor thing - did you go to the open day? Because apparently it's basically the same thing.
Wow, a 12 hour journey? You poor thing - did you go to the open day? Because apparently it's basically the same thing.

(one journey to Royal Holloway, 4 hours one way, another 4 hour return)(same goes for UCL)(so basically- 16 hours in a car during a span of a month). No I've never been- but walked past Gower Street on my previous visit in London.
So- quite lucky for me- (my sister is happy too, she has a chance of going to Madame Tussaud's again). For Royal Holloway, I've already been on open day but have to attend the interview which is set during the applicants day; there's also Manchester, but it is an one-bus distance from my home.
(edited 9 years ago)
(one journey to Royal Holloway, 4 hours one way, another 4 hour return)(same goes for UCL)(so basically- 16 hours in a car during a span of a month). No I've never been- but walked past Gower Street on my previous visit in London.
So- quite lucky for me- (my sister is happy too, she has a chance of going to Madame Tussaud's again). For Royal Holloway, I've already been on open day but have to attend the interview which is set during the applicants day; there's also Manchester, but it is an one-bus distance from my home.

I like the area where UCL is. It's London but it doesn't feel quite as bustley as South Kensington.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending