The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nesca89
Yeah it sucks having to wait... Did you apply to man met? Last year uni of Manchester made us wait till the end of March, at least this time it's the beginning hehe

Yeah I've applied to Man met and Manchester! :smile:

And oh god the waiting is going to draaaag! I've applied to the 4 year course at Sheffield too :smile:

Any idea how long it took newcastle to get back to people?x
Original post by Ellice97

And oh god the waiting is going to draaaag! I've applied to the 4 year course at Sheffield too :smile:

Last year it was about the end of March - about same time as Manchester.
Reply 462
Original post by Ellice97

I got my offer from Newcastle at the end of March, they said they would give out offers earlier if they found any outstanding applicants (or something along those lines) but I think the majority heard in March, so again another long wait unfortunately!
Does anyone know on average how long it takes Sheffield to give out interviews? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AmyPilot
Oh but the waiting makes you stronger - no I lie - its awful!! Hopefully if MMU follow last years pattern you will have one answer quite quickly. Leeds were also pretty fast last year. Have they not started with interviews yet?

Afraid Sheffield UofM and DMU were in the slow group last year.

Yeah I'm hoping mmu get back to me within the week with a successful, my birthday is on 11th so it would be an excellent present hehe. Leeds haven't got back to anyone yet as far as I know. And Sheffield have been handing out interviews slowly :smile:
Sheffield is my favourite choice so I'm desperate to hear from them too. So far nothing!
Original post by InDreams
Does anyone know on average how long it takes Sheffield to give out interviews? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sheffield have already started to hand out interviews, I haven't heard from them yet though. Good luck :smile: I posted a link a while ago with a table for interviews, if you look at it, it will give you an idea about what universities are already replying. :smile: I'll try and find the link

Here you go :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Speech_and_Language_Therapy_undergraduate_courses_2015
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by nesca89
Sheffield have already started to hand out interviews, I haven't heard from them yet though. Good luck :smile: I posted a link a while ago with a table for interviews, if you look at it, it will give you an idea about what universities are already replying. :smile: I'll try and find the link

Oh I always look at the table! I was just a bit worried haha, good luck to you too :smile:
Original post by nesca89
Well I don't want to move so would travel, hoping to get into Manchester, I don't really mind which one. :smile: what about you?

I loved Manchester as well! I really liked Leeds, I think that would be my favourite, but I'll be happy with any of them really. I'll have to move away for them all! :smile:
Original post by nesca89
Yeah I'm hoping mmu get back to me within the week with a successful, my birthday is on 11th so it would be an excellent present hehe. Leeds haven't got back to anyone yet as far as I know. And Sheffield have been handing out interviews slowly :smile:

Will keep my fingers crossed for you!

If I remember rightly I was invited to Leeds first interview date in January - but had to rearrange cos had MMU on same day.

And Sheffield - don't get me started on them but lets say I wasn't impressed! Eventually got an interview in March!
Original post by InDreams
Oh I always look at the table! I was just a bit worried haha, good luck to you too :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Original post by amypewwy
I loved Manchester as well! I really liked Leeds, I think that would be my favourite, but I'll be happy with any of them really. I'll have to move away for them all! :smile:

Oh really... Where about is it you live?
Will keep my fingers crossed for you!

If I remember rightly I was invited to Leeds first interview date in January - but had to rearrange cos had MMU on same day.

And Sheffield - don't get me started on them but lets say I wasn't impressed! Eventually got an interview in March!

Haha thanks, yeah I received an interview from leeds first last year. But this year was both Manchester ones first! Must be a sign hehe
Original post by nesca89
Haha thanks, yeah I received an interview from leeds first last year. But this year was both Manchester ones first! Must be a sign hehe

Oh I had invites to both Manchester Unis first last year (UofM was first then MMU - but MMU offer was the quickest) - Leeds was invite number 3 but it was their first interview date I think. Did you go to Leeds interview last year?
Has anyone who had applied to BCU not heard anything yet?? Or has everyone heard?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh I had invites to both Manchester Unis first last year (UofM was first then MMU - but MMU offer was the quickest) - Leeds was invite number 3 but it was their first interview date I think. Did you go to Leeds interview last year?

Ah I see. I didn't go in the end because I had my Manchester interview. I was only going to that one to get interview experience before Manchester interview, but turned out that the Manchester one was before it anyway haha
Original post by nesca89
Ah I see. I didn't go in the end because I had my Manchester interview. I was only going to that one to get interview experience before Manchester interview, but turned out that the Manchester one was before it anyway haha

It was a good experience at Leeds - I really liked it - if they had made me an offer I don't know what I would have done! Probably would have still picked MMU because of the combined course and its closer to home. Thought it strange last year that not many people got offers from both Leeds and MMU - it was more one or the other - goes to show they look for different things! Will be interesting to see how it all pans out this year.

Good luck for next week (and beyond)
Original post by shawadagun
Oh no, I haven't heard from DMU either :/ should I email them? I didn't realise people were getting interviews for it!

How long has it been? It might be worth it because then you'll find out either way

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an interview for Newcastle on the 17th December :biggrin:
Hi, I'm at first year BMedSci Speech Science student at Sheffield. I'm 23 and a "mature student" with a previous degree in Italian and linguistics. TSR was a life saver last year as everyone seem to know what they were doing at Uni and Speech Therapy is a very long waiting game so it was nice to speak to people who felt the same. I had offers from Sheffield and DeMonfort but rejections from both Manchesters and Reading. If you have any questions I am more than willing to answer, or, well, at least try! X

Quick Reply

Latest