The Student Room Group

Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Pleased you've seen your GP to make a plan.

If I were in your shoes I think I'd be quite pessimistic - usually by the time my period is due (so 14-15 DPO) it's a dark line on a urinary test & if doing first morning samples each time using the same type of test while the pregnancy is progressing normally the line does get a lot visibly darker over the first week or so. :frown:

I was pessimistic until I spoke to another GP who said I could have implanted later and judging by my bbt and discharge, i only implanted a week ago today. And I took the first test 3 days after that.

Plus I've had an early miscarriage before and so far I've not had any of the cramps nor the bleeding (touch wood)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chelsea-Grace was born 17.24 weighing 6lb5oz yesterday (15th). Bit upset with a horrendous 12 hour labour that should nto have happened resulting in an EMCS. Refused to accept my contractions were doing anything until my OH insisted the check after 8 hours without seeing anyone at all and was fully dilated so majorly rushed and a very close call for a breech natural birth on no pain relief. Absolutely exhausted but she is feeding like a dream at the moment and I just can't take my eyes off her!
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
Chelsea-Grace was born 17.24 weighing 6lb5oz yesterday (15th). Bit upset with a horrendous 12 hour labour that should nto have happened resulting in an EMCS. Refused to accept my contractions were doing anything until my OH insisted the check after 8 hours without seeing anyone at all and was fully dilated so majorly rushed and a very close call for a breech natural birth on no pain relief. Absolutely exhausted but she is feeding like a dream at the moment and I just can't take my eyes off her!

Congrats!!!!!!! This makes me excited to see my little girl too :smile: x
Was told today it was likely chemical pregnancy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by donutaud15

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear that. :frown:

This TTC malarky can really suck... my LH test has shown v. faint positive today so potentially gearing up to ovulate again.
My last 2 cycles I've conceived both times then lost them both (10 weeks after seeing a heartbeat at 8 weeks & then 6 weeks although only ever saw a sac that time) - feeling really apprehensive about prospect of trying for another pregnancy/miscarriage (!) but also just want to get back on with it. :cry2:

This TTC malarky can really suck... my LH test has shown v. faint positive today so potentially gearing up to ovulate again.
My last 2 cycles I've conceived both times then lost them both (10 weeks after seeing a heartbeat at 8 weeks & then 6 weeks although only ever saw a sac that time) - feeling really apprehensive about prospect of trying for another pregnancy/miscarriage (!) but also just want to get back on with it. :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain

Many many congratulations. When my daughter is asleep, I just to touch and look into her eyes.
(edited 9 years ago)

It is tough. We had a miscarriage before I had Isaac and it made the whole process of early pregnancy very stressful. I know it is difficult but keep trying to focus on the fact that there is no reason that it won't stick this time :frown:
Original post by donutaud15

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry :frown:
Just started trying for a baby with my boyfriend. Terrified about how long it could take though. Was diagnosed with PCOS at the beggining of the year which is always on my mind worrying me!
Just started trying for a baby with my boyfriend. Terrified about how long it could take though. Was diagnosed with PCOS at the beggining of the year which is always on my mind worrying me!

While it can impact on your fertility it doesn't always. One of my friends who has pcos got pregnant quicker than me. Best of luck
Original post by randdom
While it can impact on your fertility it doesn't always. One of my friends who has pcos got pregnant quicker than me. Best of luck

Only had about 3 periods this year, could be a long run i feel!
i know its possible, but also know it could take a long time.
Ladies, a bit of help please?

Baby is 8 weeks old on Wednesday and I'm pretty sure he's too overtired. I think this because he always looks wide awake and alert - too wide awake and alert, even after being awake for hours, and sometimes takes ages to be put down to bed - like tonight which was just a battle as he had crazy awake eyes but I could just see the poor mite was absolutely shattered.

Is this about the time we should have set nap times? How can I get him to sleep before he gets too overtired? Are there any hints your babies give you?
Original post by Antimatter
Ladies, a bit of help please?

Baby is 8 weeks old on Wednesday and I'm pretty sure he's too overtired. I think this because he always looks wide awake and alert - too wide awake and alert, even after being awake for hours, and sometimes takes ages to be put down to bed - like tonight which was just a battle as he had crazy awake eyes but I could just see the poor mite was absolutely shattered.

Is this about the time we should have set nap times? How can I get him to sleep before he gets too overtired? Are there any hints your babies give you?

We are struggling with nap times and bed times at the moment.

Isaac tends to rub his eyes a lot and get the hiccups when he is getting tired but it is easy to miss it.

If they do get overtired I have found the most effective thing to be whitenoise or lullabies (you can find both on youtube) with rocking and either shhhhhing or singing a gentle song (I tend to go with hymns like amazing grace or to sing along to the lullabies) it tends to work eventually.

We don't have a set nap schedule but he tends to go down at 8:30-9:30 for about 40 mins. 12:00 ish for a hour or somtimes two and 2:30ish for forty mins. This has been pretty much dictated by him rather than me though.
Got another 2 weeks before i can test. But iv been having cramps most of tge week but cant tell if there PCOS cramps or new cramps.
:frown:
Got another 2 weeks before i can test. But iv been having cramps most of tge week but cant tell if there PCOS cramps or new cramps.

The two week window sucks ;(
Original post by randdom
It is tough. We had a miscarriage before I had Isaac and it made the whole process of early pregnancy very stressful. I know it is difficult but keep trying to focus on the fact that there is no reason that it won't stick this time :frown:

I'm sorry :frown:

Thank you x

Posted from TSR Mobile
randdom

The two week window sucks ;(

:ditto:

2 week waiting here - from guesstimated/LH stick ovulation date & the only UPSI since the miscarriage until I get a positive test or period as don't want any more date confusion if it's going to be 3 cycles in a row for conceiving... :rolleyes:

But not really particularly optimistic about this cycle - more mentally preparing to restart full swing from next - September would have some advantages over an August baby... :tongue: If we don't get something sticky next month then no chance of having had a 12 week scan by what should be once was my due date in February which'll be > :bawling:.
:ditto:

2 week waiting here - from guesstimated/LH stick ovulation date & the only UPSI since the miscarriage until I get a positive test or period as don't want any more date confusion if it's going to be 3 cycles in a row for conceiving... :rolleyes:

But not really particularly optimistic about this cycle - more mentally preparing to restart full swing from next - September would have some advantages over an August baby... :tongue: If we don't get something sticky next month then no chance of having had a 12 week scan by what should be once was my due date in February which'll be > :bawling:.

I don't even know when is my 2 week wait anymore :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not even sure why im bothering trying for a kid. My last period started 42 days ago. Its so difficult with PCOS

ordered a fertility kit off amazon (BBT thermometer, 20 ovulation tests and 10 pregnancy tests) not sur if it will make it easier or not :s-smilie:
Not even sure why im bothering trying for a kid. My last period started 42 days ago. Its so difficult with PCOS

ordered a fertility kit off amazon (BBT thermometer, 20 ovulation tests and 10 pregnancy tests) not sur if it will make it easier or not :s-smilie:

Would your doctor not prescribed any medication for pcos?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest