The Student Room Group

Urgent help needed from A grade AS Aqa pyschology Students !

Ok , im struggling with how to structure AO1 and AO2 paragraphs for Unit 1 Pyschology, which is essential to practice to get an A no matter how much information I remember, since I learnt from last years experience I didnt practice exam questions properly I got a D for unit 1 and C for unit 2 ,and so im going to retake unit 1 and try an get an A so I could get a B overall because its my uni grade requirment, it would be my dream to get an A . I would really appreciate it if you could send me your essays, past paper answers or ao1 or ao2 paragraphs as it would really help.
Thank you for reading :smile: .
from what I can remember - these are 12 mark questions, no? So basically it's 6 marks for each. I can't remember AO1 too much haha that's just like making the point and then the AO2 is evaluating its strengths and weaknesses
Reply 2
Hi i am A2 Psychology student, and i achieved a grade B in AS Psychology...
I also did/do the spec for AQA Psychology..one thing i would advice is to esure your AO1 is concise and straight to the point. Also, make sure that they are detailed and you know the research that took place.

Regarding your AO2, take about the strengths and limitations of the studies.
So talk about methodological issues e.g internal (artificial environment) and explain it cant be generalized to real life enviorement .. and why?
-Population validity
-Historical Validity
-The research methods which were used
Reply 3
Are you doing AQA A or B? I did AQA A and got a B but I am resitting one module to help bring it up to an A overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Nae
Are you doing AQA A or B? I did AQA A and got a B but I am resitting one module to help bring it up to an A overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile

im doing AQA a
Reply 5
Original post by rezk62
Hi i am A2 Psychology student, and i achieved a grade B in AS Psychology...
I also did/do the spec for AQA Psychology..one thing i would advice is to esure your AO1 is concise and straight to the point. Also, make sure that they are detailed and you know the research that took place.

Regarding your AO2, take about the strengths and limitations of the studies.
So talk about methodological issues e.g internal (artificial environment) and explain it cant be generalized to real life enviorement .. and why?
-Population validity
-Historical Validity
-The research methods which were used

Okay Thanks, this is what I've been trying to do but its difficult to use the mark scheme to check if you've got the marks, do you have any good essays or AO1 or AO2 paragraphs I could see to use as examples ?
Original post by rayam dunya
Ok , im struggling with how to structure AO1 and AO2 paragraphs for Unit 1 Pyschology, which is essential to practice to get an A no matter how much information I remember, since I learnt from last years experience I didnt practice exam questions properly I got a D for unit 1 and C for unit 2 ,and so im going to retake unit 1 and try an get an A so I could get a B overall because its my uni grade requirment, it would be my dream to get an A . I would really appreciate it if you could send me your essays, past paper answers or ao1 or ao2 paragraphs as it would really help.
Thank you for reading :smile: .

I did really well on the approaches essay! I basically just wrote 2 assumptions, then some evaluative points (2-4 of them) then I wrote a relevant study and evaluated that :smile:
Reply 7
When i did AS we had to make evaluation sheets you might find that that's useful to organise AO2. I do think that practicing the exam questions is the best solution, do you have a willing teacher who would correct them? If not if you write an answer and PM, I can see if I'd write it differently.

Nae
Reply 8
Original post by Nae
When i did AS we had to make evaluation sheets you might find that that's useful to organise AO2. I do think that practicing the exam questions is the best solution, do you have a willing teacher who would correct them? If not if you write an answer and PM, I can see if I'd write it differently.

Nae

yeah we were given evaluation sheets but the points we wrote were too summarised, yes I do have teachers who I can give my essays to mark which is what im going to do when Ive done them ,I will message you if im still struggling ,thank you for your help :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by xxhannahlouisexx
I did really well on the approaches essay! I basically just wrote 2 assumptions, then some evaluative points (2-4 of them) then I wrote a relevant study and evaluated that :smile:

oh I see, would you be able to show me some of the ones you did well in ?
Original post by rayam dunya
oh I see, would you be able to show me some of the ones you did well in ?

It was an essay on the behaviourist approach :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by xxhannahlouisexx
It was an essay on the behaviourist approach :smile:

could you inbox me a picture of it please

Quick Reply

Latest