The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zürich
Nah I disagree. You genuinely dont have to buy drinks because the cocktail waitresses just pile you with booze for $1 tips. No real advantage to staying in one of the top hotels either vs just staying in Cesars etc so you can do it relatively cheap.

I was there when I was 19 and probably spent about £800 over a weekend, a large part of which was gambling losses that were obviously not compulsory.

Oh ok. I just realised he wouldn't get into most places though as it's 21 and over right?

I mean staying there for a week you'd need a couple grand. How much was the hotel and living costs amounting to? Also the flight?
(edited 9 years ago)
Go to Berlin, so many English expats there and the place is dripping with cool. Place is like one huge Dalston except cheaper.
LOLado, the gift that just keeps giving. We're having a **** season, but ****, at least we're not a sack of Spuds.
Original post by jam277
Oh ok. I just realised he wouldn't get into most places though as it's 21 and over right?

America is extremely hit and miss like that. In my experience, the hardest places to go out are crappy little bars or joints in small towns. If you rock up to the Bellagio poker room, dressed nicely and throw down some cash for chips odds are they wont blink since you're obviously British etc as well. Clubs are always tricky though of course, might need to arrive ridiculously early or something for those kinds of places but as I say you should be fine in Vegas if youre persistent. Loads of sly little tricks as well. I got chatting to one of the pit bosses in the poker room, asked him for some advice on where to go and he gave me a signed free pass for their nightclub. Rocking up with someone to name drop is then a piece of piss

Never had a problem going out in places like Vegas, NYC, LA even if you might get rejected in a few places as well.

Be surprised how well a crappy £20 fake ID works as well since Americans are genuinely thick as ****. Could probably use a Nectar card to get into some places :laugh:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90
There are some brilliant cities in Eastern Europe. Krakow, Prague, Split, Budapest...

I was in Split once and was absolutely bored out of my tits, nightlife was just poor. Obviously loads of beautiful scenery but you can see that in half a day imo. Croatian girls arent great either in all honesty, most of them look like theyve been hit with a shovel and many of them probably have.

Prague is a bit cliched and too full of American tourists to be fun.

Krakow is full of 40 year olds from Hull on the stag and generally being *****. I was there with a mate of Polish decent and so he showed us some interesting places but most people just end up in a bar full of 90% English which Ive never understood.

Budapest, now that is a beautiful little city where you can easily find quaint and interesting places to go out. Cheap as chips as well. Hungarians are great people too imo, really met some great ones over the years.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam277
Well how stupid do you have to be if you're sussed out?

What does this have to do with being a best poster either that somebody has decent social skills and actually has emotional intelligence so you don't get caught as an away fan in the home end :rolleyes:

They both make/made better, far more interesting posts than the majority of what gets posted on here. The day Glazer died they were the ones talking sense, I saw other people wanting him to rest in peace, they obviously didn't understand how it had fractured the fan base. That's just one example.

Guys knowing some obscure Swedish player's chance conversion stats, heat map and distance covered but not knowing how to behave in another team's home end :biggrin:.

Original post by Tom_Ford
Wilfred, you have a lot of anger. Pretty entertaining tbh.

I'm calm.
So now when a man dies and people show respect its apparently not understanding how he divided a football club. All this comes in the light of Phil Hughes passing away, some things are more important than sport.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So wishing death upon somebody when they didn't really affect you that much(just a football club not a matter of life and death) is cool. It's just being scummy and being the smaller man.

I'll leave it at this. More to life than football.

Anyway who's had coconut peanuts? They're so nice but they cost loads.
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
So now when a man dies and people show respect its apparently not understanding how he divided a football club. All this comes in the light of Phil Hughes passing away, some things are more important than sport.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but people die every day and we just ignore those, the only reason Utd fans were talking about Glazer at all is because he was involved in their club but he was an absolute thief in that capacity. So why say anything about him at all? Either ignore him or call him a **** imo.

What does 'respect' mean in terms of writing on a football forum anyway? It's a meaningless concept. People talk about it as people told his family at the funeral that he was a ****, Utd fans are always going to reflect on his impact on their club upon his death.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam277
So wishing death upon somebody when they didn't really affect you that much(just a football club not a matter of life and death) is cool. It's just being scummy and being the smaller man.

It was appalling what they did.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=47832720&postcount=2741

Top thread.
Where do people go for grocery shopping?
Original post by Wilfred Little
They both make/made better, far more interesting posts than the majority of what gets posted on here. The day Glazer died they were the ones talking sense, I saw other people wanting him to rest in peace, they obviously didn't understand how it had fractured the fan base. That's just one example.

You really can't see why some people didn't feel the need to abuse a deceased pensioner?
Reply 8252
Original post by jam277

Anyway who's had coconut peanuts? They're so nice but they cost loads.

Original post by jam277

Strong attempts at subject changing
Original post by sr90
You really can't see why some people didn't feel the need to abuse a deceased pensioner?

Can see both sides, but after what he did it was embarrassing to see Utd fans taking the moral high ground, point scoring against other reds and posting 'there's more to life than football' *******s. It was actually a brilliant example of the effect he had on the fan base.

If this was at Villa I'd want him dead as well.
Original post by jam277

I pop into Sainsburys at 9pm most nights actually, always shedloads of reduced bargains at that time of night

BRB Organic chicken was £5.99, now £0.49
BRB never know what you're going to end up buying, just take whatever is going= buzzing with anticipation every night
BRB no more shopping list
BRB resent paying non-reduced price for absolutely anything now
BRB hanging about the geezer with the pricing gun waiting for it all to kick off
BRB eye-****ing OAPs who also turn up every night with the same idea. Need to be on the top of your game every night to get the best bargains
BRB having to suss out whether it's worth having a row over reduced Jaffa cakes that youre in a tug of war over
BRB need to keep an eye on the basket in case someone tries to jack your loot

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam277

One day I went to lidl, I went to shoplift in lidl, then i got caught in lidl, now I don't go back to lidl...
Original post by Zürich
I pop into Sainsburys at 9pm most nights actually, always shedloads of reduced bargains at that time of night

BRB Organic chicken was £5.99, now £0.99
BRB never know what you're going to end up buying, just take whatever is going= buzzing with anticipation every night
BRB resent paying non-reduced price for absolutely anything now
BRB eye-****ing OAPs who also turn up every night with the same idea. Need to be on the top of your game every night to get the best bargains
BRB need to keep an eye on the basket in case someone tries to jack your loot

hugh wot m8. need to pop down to sainsburys at dat time then

marks and spencers chicken or nothing doe. Sainsburys food is often poverty compared to any other market
Original post by The Assassin
One day I went to lidl, I went to shoplift in lidl, then i got caught in lidl, now I don't go back to lidl...

Lol you're a joker

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Assassin
hugh wot m8. need to pop down to sainsburys at dat time then

marks and spencers chicken or nothing doe. Sainsburys food is often poverty compared to any other market

Yeah it's an absolute madness. See the same faces in Sainsbury's every night in a battle for the best deals. ****ing listening to 8 mile by eminem on the walk in just to get pumped for it all

M&S is decent but I resent paying full price for their gear. When they get the pricing guns on the go I'll be all over it though
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest