The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChangeOurWorld
Last year it was mostly Thursday and Fridays.
I remember when they released a batch in December before the holidays every body was freaking out saying all the acceptances were on Thursdays and the rejections were on Fridays..but like that's not necessarily the case, but they do tend to release offers at the end of the week yes

and damn tomorrow is Friday *_*
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by standkakao
and damn tomorrow is Friday *_*

Now I'm scared haha
Original post by ak2015
I sent mine on the 14th October and got my 8 week email on 31st October. I applied for maths and economics so hopefully that means they'll send me their decision soon!! Are you international or from the UK?

No I'm from the UK
Original post by standkakao
Thanks for the heads up! I actually sent my application on the same date as you did, sounds like you are a very strong candidate though, my 8 weeks email came on the 31st of October and I am still yet to hear a response from them.

Do you mind sharing your AS results / A level predicted / GCSE results? (or IGCSE / IB predicted or whatever programme you are using)

Eughhh the waiting game is :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:

I wouldn't say strongest hahaha!
3A*'s |5A'S|3B's
....which aren't the dazzling set of GCSE's most people here have ( though I have extenuating circumstances)

3A's and a D (though I didn't put that on and I said I was taking an extra AS to make up for the one I didn't have)

A*A*A prediction.

My ums scores were quite high tbf and I think my personal statement was strong + I'm taking additional further maths AS....

Tbh it's just God 😁
Last year it was mostly Thursday and Fridays.
I remember when they released a batch in December before the holidays every body was freaking out saying all the acceptances were on Thursdays and the rejections were on Fridays..but like that's not necessarily the case, but they do tend to release offers at the end of the week yes

That's also what I've concluded after reviewing the stalking pages. It seems like offers are sent on Thursday and rejections are on Fridays this year as well.
Original post by tazza ma razza
I've applied, currently in my 3rd week of waiting. i understand it to mean if you were gonna get rejected; you would be rejected outright or after the 2 week email. Thats what i keep telling myself anyway! lol

What are your GCSE / A level grades etc if you don't mind me asking?

Mine are:
8A* 2A + A (max grade) in additional Maths
German A (A pred)
Economics B (A pred)
Maths A (A* pred)
Further Maths A (A pred)

Original post by tazza ma razza
I've applied, currently in my 3rd week of waiting. i understand it to mean if you were gonna get rejected; you would be rejected outright or after the 2 week email. Thats what i keep telling myself anyway! lol

What are your GCSE / A level grades etc if you don't mind me asking?

Mine are:
8A* 2A + A (max grade) in additional Maths
German A (A pred)
Economics B (A pred)
Maths A (A* pred)
Further Maths A (A pred)

GCSE/ IGCSE: 8A* 3A and 1B in FSMQ
AS: 5A in Economics, Maths, CHinese, Biology, Chemistry
yeah that's what it looks like,I hope they don't contact me tomorrow -.-
Original post by uncleshneb
You must have a good application! I sent mine off 10th October and I'm now over 5 weeks into the 8 week period but no offer :s-smilie:

For Maths with Econ? I'm sure they'll reply to you soon, best of luck! :smile:
Original post by callmethed0ctor
For Maths with Econ? I'm sure they'll reply to you soon, best of luck! :smile:

Maths and econ and yeah hopefully, thanks! I'm just nervous after not getting an offer today and other people getting them
Maths and econ and yeah hopefully, thanks! I'm just nervous after not getting an offer today and other people getting them

I'm sure you'll hear back soon, I wouldn't worry! They'll get back before you know it :smile:
Almost 3 weeks out of 8weeks, applied for Social Policy on Oct.13th and applied for Social Policy and Economics on Nov.19th, currently no replies!
yeah that's what it looks like,I hope they don't contact me tomorrow -.-

Is it really true that LSE send offers on Thursday and rejections on Friday?
I got an unconditional offer for BSc Philosophy & Politics a few hours ago! Very happy as I was absolutely terrified I would get rejected this year.

I got an offer from LSE last year for Law but I declined it in favour of UCL and I thought getting in then was just a fluke!

loooooool, I applied for the same course at the same time. Probably gonna get smacked up by the rejection tomorrow :bl:
Original post by Mariusk03
I saw a post a couple of days ago of someone who didn't get an offer because he didn't study his native language (which was Chinese) at all..

Are you sure they don't want you to take your native language as a subject? I'm doing the IB and considering that you have to take 6 subjects for it, I don't see why taking your native language should be a problem..

Plus, on their website it says you normally take 3 "preferred" subjects, which you do right? You just have your native language as a fourth subject, which is extra, and therefore it's better than having 3 subjects without the native language..

At least this is what I think.. I don't think LSE is likely to penalise you for having taken a fourth A level, even if it is your native language..

I also take German HL in the IB and I don't expect any disadvantage from it..

Just for your info:

"Successful applicants normally offer three A levels (A2s) in our generally preferred subjects, or two generally preferred subjects and one from the list of subjects that are non-preferred"

EDIT: managed to find the post:

"But LSE rejected me because I am chinese and I don't take first language chinese..."

ya i've heard that lse consider taking your native language (or what they think is your native language) as a second language to be an easy way out and not a 'real' subject. one of my friends took chinese first language at gcse, but is taking foreign language chinese hl at ib and she couldn't apply because of it.
Original post by AndreyFokin
I got my offer today for Law. Anyone else on here get one? In case anyone is interested in my results and status here is everything about me: I applied late September. I am an international student. Predicted A*A*A*A and A* achieved last year. AS are AAAA excluding A* achieved. GCSE's were 7A* an 3A. Decent personal statement.

i've got an offer for law too! international as well, predicted 45 in the ib + 5A*s, 5As at gcse (i didn't revise enough). was lse your first choice?
Original post by mookiko
i've got an offer for law too! international as well, predicted 45 in the ib + 5A*s, 5As at gcse (i didn't revise enough). was lse your first choice?

omg congrats.:smile:
Original post by AakankshaS
Any internationals get offers for law yet? I got the 8 week email on 10th October and it's 27th November now. God 😢

Hey!! I'm also an international student, applied for law. Got the 8 week email on 10th October also. Haven't heard anything yet. Fingers crossed! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1177
Any international student applied to maths and economics? Or business maths and stats?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saab.L
Any international student applied to maths and economics? Or business maths and stats?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I applied for maths and economics. I'm from the US, how about you? :smile:
Reply 1179
Original post by ak2015
Yes, I applied for maths and economics. I'm from the US, how about you? :smile:

I'm from China, studying A Levels in Thailand at the moment :smile:
Did you get a questionnaire? I haven't :/ slightly worried about it....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending