The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by caraniel
Spent the evening finishing my Winter Anime Preview - serious case of the sequels going on next season - more or less 50% sequels!

That's early! I won't be doing the usual TSR thread for at least a couple of weeks yet. :nah: I'll check out your post now, though. :biggrin:
Had a "£10 off £50" Amazon voucher so managed to get 11 manga volumes for £40. :biggrin: Pre-ordered some Nisekoi, Toriko, The Seven Deadly Sins, Magi, My Love Story!!, 07 Ghost & Blue Exorcist.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
That's early! I won't be doing the usual TSR thread for at least a couple of weeks yet. :nah: I'll check out your post now, though. :biggrin:

I needed it done ASAP - going to the USA for a 10 days next week for my brother's wedding which will throw my usual schedule out completely. Have Twelve Days of Anime posts to write and schedule and the Secret Santa shows to watch/review. And then there's end of season/year posts to think about......plus all the hours I'm working in the shop for my neighbour.....yeah, just a tad busy.

Glad I got the preview done while I had the chance since it takes so much time!
Original post by Iridann
I got the first 3 at my local Waterstone's.

Ok, cool I'll see there..:biggrin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d6A1RC-mtg

Best anime of 2k15 confirmed.
Oooh double episode of Parasyte! Didn't know anything about that; even Anime Planet hasn't realised.

I watched Psycho Pass (IN ONE DAY) and... meh. It's really popular but I think it's a bit overrated. Really nice setting, solid first episode and some great characters. But I dropped it before because it felt so episodic for the first 8-9 episodes, and I still had to struggle through those again this time. It got much better after that but I felt that

Spoiler

I'm watching Psycho-Pass 2 now, we'll see how that goes!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by steadmusic
You're right. Clannad stands on it own, but I really dig Angel Beats too. Kanon was okay but Little Busters!. if you don't like that I'll be shocked.

Little Busters is great so far:biggrin:
Finished ordering my own Christmas presents - my family just give me the money and leave me to order things, since they wouldn't know where to begin when it comes to anime/manga, and there's not much else I'm into. :giggle:

I'll be getting the latest volumes of A Bride's Story, Tegami Bachi, Knights of Sidonia and the Spice & Wolf light novel, as well as Blu-rays of Hal, Ninja Scroll *feels like a n00b, not having watched that in all these years*, The Wind Rises, and Sakasama no Patema (pre-ordered, probably won't get it until January). :king1:

I decided against paying astronomical postage costs for anime-themed tea, so stuck to 'regular' tea from their UK site instead, which sadly only caters for 5-6 fandoms, none of which are anime. :sigh: :p:
Original post by Red Fox
Little Busters is great so far:biggrin:

Yeah!!! I watched it over a year ago and still wont let it go lol
I really like the music in the show. I think it compliments the story so well.
Two sugars and My Brave Smile are my fav two compositions. Plus, I love the intro on guitar. Whenever I pick up my guitar I play that lil start lol
Yeah!!! I watched it over a year ago and still wont let it go lol
I really like the music in the show. I think it compliments the story so well.
Two sugars and My Brave Smile are my fav two compositions. Plus, I love the intro on guitar. Whenever I pick up my guitar I play that lil start lol

I'm 16 episodes in and I'm liking this more than Clannad's first season. I kinda don't want it to get all sad(I'm assuming it does in Refrain?)
See! Little Busters is amaze! I haven't seen Refrain yet. I was actually going to watch it a year later (that would have been July/August this year) but started watching K-dramas, reading mangas and busy with other stuff so that has fallen behind lol.
I can't actually too much about Clannad but I know I really enjoyed it and by the end my head was spinning.
Same with Little Busters. I think I like Angel Beats, Clannad and Little Busters pretty much equally but I'd have to re watch them again to remember.
See! Little Busters is amaze! I haven't seen Refrain yet. I was actually going to watch it a year later (that would have been July/August this year) but started watching K-dramas, reading mangas and busy with other stuff so that has fallen behind lol.
I can't actually too much about Clannad but I know I really enjoyed it and by the end my head was spinning.
Same with Little Busters. I think I like Angel Beats, Clannad and Little Busters pretty much equally but I'd have to re watch them again to remember.

I don't think I could do that, I just watch it all at once because I can't wait to see what happens but then I regret that I rushed the entire series:cry:. I want to re watch Clannad but I only started watching anime about 3 weeks ago so I need to let time pass to get the full effect of it again.
Original post by Red Fox
I don't think I could do that, I just watch it all at once because I can't wait to see what happens but then I regret that I rushed the entire series:cry:. I want to re watch Clannad but I only started watching anime about 3 weeks ago so I need to let time pass to get the full effect of it again.

I know what you mean! That's why I branched out to reading manga's and watching K-dramas. That way I could pass time quicker instead of giving in to watching stuff again so quickly. My initial plan was to watch stuff a year then re watch the good ones and add to it lol
Original post by Red Fox

I'm having an anime night tonight. Trying to start new series.
Original post by keromedic
I'm having an anime night tonight. Trying to start new series.

Nice! What are you thinking of watching?:tongue:
Original post by Red Fox
Nice! What are you thinking of watching?:tongue:

I'm not sure. I've not watched a lot. Mainly stuff that has 100+ episodes. I've seen about 15 of those over the years (following them) and then binged a few other things.

Nichijou and other than that, I'll google around :tongue:.
I'm not sure. I've not watched a lot. Mainly stuff that has 100+ episodes. I've seen about 15 of those over the years (following them) and then binged a few other things.

Nichijou and other than that, I'll google around :tongue:.

I've only watched 2 episodes of Nichijou so far but it's such a random and carefree show. Quite entertaining but it's not for everyone I suppose as some people will want an actual plot.
Original post by Red Fox
I've only watched 2 episodes of Nichijou so far but it's such a random and carefree show. Quite entertaining but it's not for everyone I suppose as some people will want an actual plot.

I tend to favour shonen stuff. I like your boy with powers and your death/painful back stories :tongue:.
I tend to favour shonen stuff. I like your boy with powers and your death/painful back stories :tongue:.

You should watch Kuroko no Basket if you haven't already. There's no death/painful back stories but it's a great show.
Original post by Red Fox
You should watch Kuroko no Basket if you haven't already. There's no death/painful back stories but it's a great show.

I have heard of it. What do you like?

Latest