The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath Applicants 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys,
I got 3A*s, 3,As 3 Bs and a C at GCSE (with extenuating circumstances-social services were involved etc so I'm sure I'll apply with extenuating circumstances next year)
I'm currently taking maths, economics, english lit and geography and wanted to study economics at uni, but what are the chances with my GCSE grades?
I know a lot of people on TSR stress over grades when they get 10+ A*s but I wanted genuine feedback please as mine aren't really incredible.
Also are AS grades weighted more than GCSEs? Will a strong performance at AS increase my chances?

What are your stats and where do you guys currently hold offers from?

Thanks!
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by questioning123
Hi guys,
I got 3A*s, 3,As 3 Bs and a C at GCSE (with extenuating circumstances-social services were involved etc so I'm sure I'll apply with extenuating circumstances next year)
I'm currently taking maths, economics, english lit and geography and wanted to study economics at uni, but what are the chances with my GCSE grades?
I know a lot of people on TSR stress over grades when they get 10+ A*s but I wanted genuine feedback please as mine aren't really incredible.
Also are AS grades weighted more than GCSEs? Will a strong performance at AS increase my chances?

What are your stats and where do you guys currently hold offers from?

Thanks!

Honestly GCSE matter almost 10% if that, all you need if a B in english and maths for subjects. AS grades mean so much more probably 90% also your teachers base predicted grades on AS grades. So all in all dont stess at all about gcse but work hard at AS
I went to the Bath Chemistry Application Day yesterday, and I'm 99.9% sure Bath will be my firm, I love it so much. The campus is so pretty and has a really nice feel!
Original post by Bude8
Is Bath anyone else's first choice?

Mine!😃😃😃😃😃
Awesome!

What are you applying for? I have a feeling you're a chemist :lol:

edit: whoops, just saw your other post. Guess I was right though :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Bude8
Awesome!

What are you applying for? I have a feeling you're a chemist :lol:

edit: whoops, just saw your other post. Guess I was right though :lol:

Yea I'm a Chemist, I love Bath so much! What are you applying for? Is Bath your firm?😃😃
Original post by AmyVictoria37
Yea I'm a Chemist, I love Bath so much! What are you applying for? Is Bath your firm?

It's great, isn't it? :lol: What accommodation block are you interested in?

I'm a chemical engineer applicant :smile: I want it to be my firm, but my parents would want me to go to Cambridge if I get an offer from there (only applied to those two). Ultimately though, I want to go to Bath :lol:
Original post by Bude8
It's great, isn't it? :lol: What accommodation block are you interested in?

I'm a chemical engineer applicant :smile: I want it to be my firm, but my parents would want me to go to Cambridge if I get an offer from there (only applied to those two). Ultimately though, I want to go to Bath :lol:

I wasn't sure whether to go to Warwick of Bath, but I thought it's best to go to the place that feels right, I really like Bath!!!!! Either the Quads(even though it's expensive, it would be lovely to live there) or the Solsbury Court or the other court ones!😃😃😃
I wasn't sure whether to go to Warwick of Bath, but I thought it's best to go to the place that feels right, I really like Bath!!!!! Either the Quads(even though it's expensive, it would be lovely to live there) or the Solsbury Court or the other court ones!

Ah nice :smile: I'm tempted to choose one of the ones close to the ChemEng department :lol:
Original post by Bude8
Ah nice :smile: I'm tempted to choose one of the ones close to the ChemEng department :lol:

Do you want to be catered or self catered?
Do you want to be catered or self catered?

Wouldn't mind either, but probably catered for convenience sake :lol:
Original post by Bude8
Wouldn't mind either, but probably catered for convenience sake :lol:

Yea, I know what you mean! I think I'll go self-catered for the challenge! Hopefully you get to go to Bath!
Original post by Nikmali
Got an offer for straight economics!

What grades did you get?
Reply 273
Got an offer on Friday for German and ab initio Russian- conditions are ABB! SO happy as I absolutely loved Bath when I visited and made it my second choice :tongue:
Original post by Tibbz2
Are there any physics applicant/offer holders open days?

I emailed the admissions last week but have yet to receive a reply :frown:

Hi,

We're sorry about the delay in replying to your email! As I'm sure you can imagine, admissions have a really high volume of emails coming in at the moment as everyone is applying so there is a delay in replying to these emails. You should receive a reply this week.

The university does run physics offer holder open days, between late November and March, and you will be invited to one if you receive an offer from Bath.

I hope this is of some assistance, please quote me if you have any further questions.

Rob
Original post by lidiax
Got an offer on Friday for German and ab initio Russian- conditions are ABB! SO happy as I absolutely loved Bath when I visited and made it my second choice :tongue:

Congratulations! :smile:

If you have any questions, please feel free to quote us.

Rob
Original post by University Of Bath
Hi,

We're sorry about the delay in replying to your email! As I'm sure you can imagine, admissions have a really high volume of emails coming in at the moment as everyone is applying so there is a delay in replying to these emails. You should receive a reply this week.

The university does run physics offer holder open days, between late November and March, and you will be invited to one if you receive an offer from Bath.

I hope this is of some assistance, please quote me if you have any further questions.

Rob
Hi, I was wondering do the Chemical Engineering department also host offer holder open days and if so, when? :smile:
Any management offers yet? 😊
Original post by University Of Bath
Hi,

Rob

Thank you, I was getting worried that my email might be lost! :redface:
Reply 279
Applied last Friday for International Business at Bath. I received an offer from Exeter a week later and still waiting for Bath, York, St. Andrews and Loughborough.

I'm predicted A*AA and received 2 A*s, 5 As and 3 Bs at GCSE & IGCSE.

Who else is applying to a business related degree or who already has an offer?

Quick Reply

Latest