The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Teeahz
So where is everyone from?

I am from the Bristol area and Manchester is 4 hours away from me on the train!

I'm from a small town called Rugby, which is about a 2 1/2 - 3 hour drive for Manchester. Are you trying to get as far away from home as possible?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
I've just got an interview! 28th January for BSc Biomedical Sciences! Loved the uni, loved the city and love the look of the program, so hopefully I can pull it off!

Yours,
Grey
Original post by ThenameisGrey
I've just got an interview! 28th January for BSc Biomedical Sciences! Loved the uni, loved the city and love the look of the program, so hopefully I can pull it off!

Yours,
Grey

Good luck, hope it goes really well for you! :smile:
Reply 843
Original post by Aquatix96
I'm from a small town called Rugby, which is about a 2 1/2 - 3 hour drive for Manchester. Are you trying to get as far away from home as possible?

No, I'm not. I am actually starting to worry about the distance! I am worrying that it might be a bit too far! Previously I wanted to go to Southampton which was about a 2 hour drive, but I didn't like the uni at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Teeahz
No, I'm not. I am actually starting to worry about the distance! I am worrying that it might be a bit too far! Previously I wanted to go to Southampton which was about a 2 hour drive, but I didn't like the uni at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where else have you applied? 4 of the unis I applied for are within a 45 minute drive from home, Manchester is the furthest uni I applied to.
Good luck, hope it goes really well for you! :smile:

Thanks a lot, and congratulations on getting an offer back from them! Here's hoping we can all manage to get in!

Yours,
Grey
Original post by ThenameisGrey
Thanks a lot, and congratulations on getting an offer back from them! Here's hoping we can all manage to get in!

Yours,
Grey

Thank you, yeah let's hope! :biggrin:
Reply 847
Where else have you applied? 4 of the unis I applied for are within a 45 minute drive from home, Manchester is the furthest uni I applied to.

I have also applied to Cardiff, Birmingham City and UWE

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Teeahz
I have also applied to Cardiff, Birmingham City and UWE

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied to Loughborough, Birmingham, Leicester and Aston. My firm will probably be Manchester though.
I applied to Loughborough, Birmingham, Leicester and Aston. My firm will probably be Manchester though.

Got my offer from both Loughborough and Manchester :biggrin:
Reply 850

I think that I am going to firm Manchester too. What accommodation are you looking at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Incubator
Got my offer from both Loughborough and Manchester :biggrin:

Same! What courses did you apply for? :smile:
Same! What courses did you apply for? :smile:

Civil Engineering :biggrin:
Original post by Teeahz
I think that I am going to firm Manchester too. What accommodation are you looking at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I still need to go and visit the uni first, but after getting some info, I will probably be looking at Fallowfield, maybe Oak or Sheavyn House. What about you?
Civil Engineering :biggrin:

Nice! Hope you get into the uni of your choice :biggrin:
Nice! Hope you get into the uni of your choice :biggrin:

Thank you :smile:, I'll be firming Manchester haha. Still waiting on two more decisions! What are you applying for?
Thank you :smile:, I'll be firming Manchester haha. Still waiting on two more decisions! What are you applying for?

I applied and received offers for different courses at each uni:

Manchester - International Business, Finance and Economics (offer)
Aston - International Business and Economics (offer)
Loughborough - Business Economics and Finance (offer)
Leicester - Business Economics (offer)
Birmingham - Economics (rejection)
Reply 857
I still need to go and visit the uni first, but after getting some info, I will probably be looking at Fallowfield, maybe Oak or Sheavyn House. What about you?

Ahh I see, I am also thinking of Fallowfield, I have heard that it is where all the fun is! I am currently looking at the different campuses.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Llama97
Congrats! I applied for this too, when did you send your ucas off?:smile:

It took them about a week to respond, so not too bad! Looks like a great course, good luck!
Reply 859
Original post by Kingmaryy
Snap I got Nottingham too I've been waiting nearly a month now for Manchester when did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied on the 7th of November.