The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IdeasForLife
I think you misunderstand me lol. I'm calling Israel's actions stupid :tongue:

Might've been the way I typed it, apologies.

Aww youre cute.. Im just messing lol :/ chill bluder

Original post by cake_lover
Had to look at my initial post. Their*

Better?

Nope... Canta youa spellla?? :angry:

PMSL.. these guys are pretty pathetic lol. Even have to correct our grammar theyre so gobsmaked by our league of extraordinary awesomeness :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6181
Original post by katbob
Blah blah blah...

The World Wars finished Ottoman Empire :biggrin: you better check yourself before you wreck yourself lol
Then what point were you trying to make with your post...
Lets not quarrel amongst ourselves as the enemy is indeed cunning... Look at India and Pakistan... Look at Turkey, Iran, Iraq.... they all used to one. Its divide and conquer in war.
Who is "the enemy" and what is the problem with previously independent regions regaining some semblance of autonomy?

I have, indeed, checked myself and have not detected anything that constitutes wreckage.
Original post by QE2
Then what point were you trying to make with your post...Who is "the enemy" and what is the problem with previously independent regions regaining some semblance of autonomy?

I have, indeed, checked myself and have not detected anything that constitutes wreckage.

Message me. I have a bad headache, little time and 10 o clock bedtime.. Or my daddy might beat me and blow me up?
Reply 6183
Exactly. The ordinary people on both side are hostage to extremist elements. Israel is one of the few countries that would benefit from a "first past the post" electoral system. They would no longer have to accommodate the far-right fundamentalist parties that often hold the balance of power. Likewise, the Palestinians must shake off the control of Hamas, who have no interest in achieving a compromise solution.
You can hate elements of Israeli policy, but hating Israel just proves you have no commitment to peace.

If an Israeli said he/she hates Hamas, that is fine, but if that person were to say they hate Palestine, you would think they are hateful and insane
Original post by Ankabout
The Israeli government yes. The people not necessarily.

was meant to quote you

[INDENT]'I don't remember the exact link but there was a poll done, and I believe over 90% of Israeli's claim they were happy with Benjamin Netenyahu leadership'.[/INDENT]

Original post by Seventeen
was meant to quote you

'I don't remember the exact link but there was a poll done, and I believe over 90% of Israeli's claim they were happy with Benjamin Netenyahu leadership'.

Oh I see. Well I can't hate those 10% who do not agree with Israeli government. My point was that I don't hate Jews by default.
Reply 6187
Original post by Ankabout
My point was that I don't hate Jews by default.
By saying this it implies that you hate Jews if certain criteria are fulfilled.

Why not just say that you hate people who say or do or believe things that are abhorrent to you, regardless of race, religion, nationality, politics, etc? Why single out a particular ethic group?

In fact, why hate anyone? Hate is a destructive emotion that tends to exclude reconciliation and understanding.

Understand and educate! That's the slogan of my new Utopia.
Original post by cake_lover
I'm not a fan of the Israeli government as I feel they don't show signs of wanting peace alongside Palestine. I also dislike Hamas and their aggressive style, I'd rather two new leaders for both states to come to a peaceful solution (two state solution?) but that's just me.

I'm a human first and hate seeing conflict like this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's the naive attitude I took before I read up on the history of the region. I see exactly why the Israeli government (and public) has turned against the prospect of an independent Palestinian state, especially since seeing what happened to Gaza.
Original post by QE2
Very reasonable. There's clearly hope for you yet!

Rather condescending, as if you're the judge of opinions sitting on the high throne.:colonhash:
Original post by IdeasForLife
I acknowledged they do exist. When the Palestinian conflict is mentioned it's normally been referred as a Muslim/Jewish issue, and so I stuck to the main parties. If you have a problem with this then I suggest you write a letter to major media networks and such.

Actually, it's a tyranny vs. democracy issue more than anything else.
Reply 6191
Original post by TheGrinningSkull
Rather condescending, as if you're the judge of opinions sitting on the high throne.:colonhash:
Seriously, my throne isn't particularly high.
Yep, I hate most illegal things..
It's more or less the idea that the Jews inhabited a land that did not once belong to them in the first instance. They believed God promised it to them when in fact it was the land of Muslims (think Ottomans and prior to that). But then all the killings started in 1947 when Israel was established without no consent from the Palestinians and in 1948 when the Jews decided to have the land for themselves and banished the Palestinians. That's when riot broke out and since then, the dispute has not been settled.

Posted from TSR Mobile
To start with, I don't even believe there exist such a state as 'Israel'. If anything its Palestine who has been taken over by those to whom Palestinians once gave shelter to out of sympathy and humanity.

To answer the question, no. Being a Muslim, I don't hate Jews or anything. In fact, I can't. Islam tells me to be nice to all the humans. Rather its just that I dislike those who create trouble risking not only national but also international peace. Now such people can be either the ISIS or even the extremist Jews.
Reply 6195
Original post by Achaea
You implied that they don't exist.

Chill.
And you know that How? Were you there? Do you realize that cars marked PRESS were deliberately attacked, or are you just another apologist for Israeli genocide.
Original post by HeritageofEurope
the israelis did not kidnap them and hold them for ransom and then behead them with a knife.
this is nothing alike the deaths of journalists at the hands of isis.

Why compare? They killed them end of. No one likes to admit when Israelis do something bad
Original post by Ganhad
akhi there was outrage a great deal. and they didnt behead them with a knife or do it intentionally on video as we know. or

Just because it wasn't on video, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Why the **** is everyone on this thread supporting Israelis. They killed a load of Palestinians, but no one cares because they were innocent MUSLIMS.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6199
Original post by maymuyt
It's more or less the idea that the Jews inhabited a land that did not once belong to them in the first instance. They believed God promised it to them when in fact it was the land of Muslims (think Ottomans and prior to that). But then all the killings started in 1947 when Israel was established without no consent from the Palestinians and in 1948 when the Jews decided to have the land for themselves and banished the Palestinians. That's when riot broke out and since then, the dispute has not been settled.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You don't actually know the history of the region, do you?

Latest

Trending

Trending