The Student Room Group

Cambridge Medicine applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DCMed96
Just got an interview from Downing... A bit surprised since I did poorly in my BMAT...

What are ur stats?
Original post by DCMed96
Just got an interview from Downing... A bit surprised since I did poorly in my BMAT...

Congratulations :smile:
Reply 402
Just got an interview from Clare College!!! 😭😭😭
Reply 403
Original post by DCMed96

What did I say?! :biggrin: Well done!
I haven't heard back yet, but my college do it by post.
How well would someone need to do at interview with 7.2, 7.9, 3A and 96% at AS (all four), and 12A* at GCSE to get an offer?
Just wanting to gauge my chances
Reply 405
Original post by ukelele123
How well would someone need to do at interview with 7.2, 7.9, 3A and 96% at AS (all four), and 12A* at GCSE to get an offer?

To be honest, you can probably do mediocre in the interview and still get an offer- your stats are great and you already stand a good chance
Reply 406
Anyone else got an interview at Christ's on the 12th???

Also someone was telling me that apparently Cambridge actually keep tabs on you the whole time you're there, like they observe how you interact and with whom and where you go and what you eat :confused:
Original post by liass

Also someone was telling me that apparently Cambridge actually keep tabs on you the whole time you're there, like they observe how you interact and with whom and where you go and what you eat :confused:

That sounds slightly creepy to me...Although I doubt it's true because there are so many interview candidates, and life is just too short to follow everyone around :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ukelele123

You're intelligent enough to achieve those grades, I think we can all see you have a good chance.

Original post by liass

Does that someone wear a tinfoil hat?
Reply 409
Original post by AV97
Just got an interview from Clare College!!! ������������������

Me too!!! :biggrin:
So shocked though - my BMAT was rubbish! xD
Original post by DCMed96

same here! I did so badly I thought I was rejected already and just moped around lol.

The interview's helping motivate me :biggrin:
Original post by liass

Mines on Tuesday 9th :smile: Which sucks cos now I have no time to swap shifts as I'm working everyday that week except Thursday :/
Original post by liass

No. If you trash your room, then it'll reflect badly on you, but they don't care where you go or what you eat!
Original post by Chief Wiggum
That's what I would guess, but I don't actually know.

Original post by RainbowVeins
Whenever I did my interview last year I peeked over the sheet and saw my BMAT grades as B+ B+(5.9 5.8). So presumably B is further divided into two parts with 5.5+ being B+?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the help guys! I doubt my scores are anything plus tbh, though I did get an interview from Downing today!! But I feel like they're just being polite I highly doubt I'll get an offer!
Reply 414
Got an interview from Caius! Kinda terrified... Any advice on how to prepare?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gum1941
same here! I did so badly I thought I was rejected already and just moped around lol.

The interview's helping motivate me :biggrin:

When's your interview?

Original post by gum1941
I'm applying to Downing too! *hi fellow Downing peeps*

I'm absolutely sh***ing myself for the BMAT tho. I've been getting from 5.4s to 7s in my mocks. I haven't really bothered about the writing section yet because I called up the Downing Admissions tutor and he told me that it wasn't going to be considered by the college (luckily)

JackTeh96 I wouldn't worry too much about UMS because I've got a friend at Downing whose average SUMS was 93%. I guess at the end of the day it all boils down to how much they like you at the interview

Did your friend get it?

Original post by aprocrastinator
Thanks for the help guys! I doubt my scores are anything plus tbh, though I did get an interview from Downing today!! But I feel like they're just being polite I highly doubt I'll get an offer!

When's yours?

Lets work hard for Downing!
Reply 416
Original post by DCMed96

How are you feeling? :rolleyes:
So basically for interview:
- Make sure you can answer main questions (i.e. why medicine)
- Become fluent in your personal statement
- Keep reading around subject
- Sleep properly
amidoinitrite?

It's not really necessary to go over loads of AS stuff is it? I mean your AS would be a bit pointless if you can't remember it now...
Original post by a123a
How are you feeling? :rolleyes:

I am not really sure.... I think they invited me to interview just for the sake of it.... since they do know that my admission scores are sub-standard.... :frown:
Original post by TotalerReinfall
So basically for interview:
- Make sure you can answer main questions (i.e. why medicine)
- Become fluent in your personal statement
- Keep reading around subject
- Sleep properly
amidoinitrite?

It's not really necessary to go over loads of AS stuff is it? I mean your AS would be a bit pointless if you can't remember it now..

I'd probably suggest going over your AS sciences and maths. If you still remember it well though, then I guess you don't have to go over it again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending