The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Either way luke just take the L
Reply 6001
Strong 180 from jam
Original post by Fideo
Strong 180 from jam

Na not really. If I don't WUM intentionally and someone is clearly butthurt over what I've said that means I'm good at WUMming. Doesn't matter if there is intent, I have still WUMmed the individual.
Original post by jam277
I do remember you lot complaining about Chelsea's style of play and how you would beat us because we were using our reserve team. You lot ain't even close to Arsenal, they've made 3rd-4th place regularly, you lot have been staying in 3rd-7th place mediocrity for ages with the odd title challenge every 5 or so years. Your record in cups recently are similar to Arsenal one FA cup and one league cup in 8 years good going guys.

They're not harsh terms. you lot are on 14 points after 11 games that's bottom half quality.

If I'm a crap wind up merchant, why are we having this conversation and why are you trying to fire shots at me, something has clearly irked you so either I'm a good WUM, or you take my word that I don't WUM at all mr psychologist.

oh yes, i definitely complained about chelsea's style of play, although i'm sure i recall you saying yourself at one point that it was boring but it got the job done (and essentially that's all that matters).
i was complaining more out of envy; that your team could score a goal, sit back and your defence was disciplined/quality enough to actually hold a lead (essentially the opposite of ours).

meh, all i'm saying is that you can criticise a team without using such harsh phrases like that, although in fairness you have the right to post however you like as long as it follows the forum rules.

i'm not trying to fire shots at you; i merely gave my honest opinion as to how my perception of you has changed over the last year.
tbh all this stemmed from was a needless criticism of me and my "lambert posts". i stand by everything i have said about the man in recent times, so you can understand my confusion when i'm called up for something i don't see anything wrong with.

anyway, i'm not gonna have any more bitch fits like this all over the forums; all it allows is for those cowardly lurkers to get a few more lols before they crawl back in to their holes.
How is a Liverpool fan taking 'close to Arsenal' as an insult ? Or are you lot doing that thing whereby you pretend to be outperforming us again?

You should be so lucky

Original post by Zürich
How is a Liverpool fan taking 'close to Arsenal' as an insult ? Or are you lot doing that thing whereby you pretend to be outperforming us again?

You should be so lucky

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1417219397.573673.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich

You should be so lucky

baited out by Lúcio.
that's embarrassing...
Original post by Lúcio
oh yes, i definitely complained about chelsea's style of play, although i'm sure i recall you saying yourself at one point that it was boring but it got the job done (and essentially that's all that matters).
i was complaining more out of envy; that your team could score a goal, sit back and your defence was disciplined/quality enough to actually hold a lead (essentially the opposite of ours).

So essentially you're bitter.

meh, all i'm saying is that you can criticise a team without using such harsh phrases like that, although in fairness you have the right to post however you like as long as it follows the forum rules.

i'm not trying to fire shots at you; i merely gave my honest opinion as to how my perception of you has changed over the last year.

Fair enough. I'm not on this forum to make people think of me as best poster or whatever. Not really arsed writing a serious long post on our style of play if nobody is going to respond either. It's best to use one liners stating the obvious.

tbh all this stemmed from was a needless criticism of me and my "lambert posts". i stand by everything i have said about the man in recent times, so you can understand my confusion when i'm called up for something i don't see anything wrong with.

anyway, i'm not gonna have any more bitch fits like this all over the forums; all it allows is for those cowardly lurkers to get a few more lols before they crawl back in to their holes.

It wasn't confusion you just went to a straight ad hom mode and attacked me, rather than saying why did I disagree, posts that attempt to ridicule me will get responses intended to ridicule the user.

Yes that's best for you to do that you're letting people who are firstly younger and who should have less maturity than you take you for a mug on the forum.
(edited 9 years ago)
Tbf if we couldn't beat Ludogorets and conceded a corner goal against 5 attackers when everyone was back in our own box I'd be bitter as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6010
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
Tbf if we couldn't beat Ludogorets and conceded a corner goal against 5 attackers when everyone was back in our own box I'd be bitter as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We just got hit by a subtle Lucio rek

Original post by Lúcio
all it allows is for those cowardly lurkers to get a few more lols before they crawl back in to their holes.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam277
So essentially you're bitter.

Fair enough. I'm not on this forum to make people think of me as best poster or whatever. Not really arsed writing a serious long post on our style of play if nobody is going to respond either. It's best to use one liners stating the obvious.

It wasn't confusion you just went to a straight ad hom mode and attacked me, rather than saying why did I disagree, posts that attempt to ridicule me will get responses intended to ridicule the user.

Yes that's best for you to do that you're letting people who are firstly younger and who should have less maturity than you take you for a mug on the forum.

of course i'm bitter - look at the quality of your team and the resources you have. you say it as if i shouldn't be envious of chelsea?

tbh if you just criticise my "lambert posts" without even stating a reason, as if you're somehow above explaining it to a lowlife like me, why wouldn't i be annoyed and go in to "ad hom mode"?

lets be honest, this forum is a hell hole now.
the football is just a cover for the sad little boys lurking and WUMming each other, desperately wanting to get one up on somebody; anybody else so they can at least temporarily feel better about their pathetic lives.
Original post by jam277
I do remember you lot complaining about Chelsea's style of play and how you would beat us because we were using our reserve team. You lot ain't even close to Arsenal, they've made 3rd-4th place regularly, you lot have been staying in 3rd-7th place mediocrity for ages with the odd title challenge every 5 or so years. Your record in cups recently are similar to Arsenal one FA cup and one league cup in 8 years good going guys.

They're not harsh terms. you lot are on 14 points after 11 games that's bottom half quality.

If I'm a crap wind up merchant, why are we having this conversation and why are you trying to fire shots at me, something has clearly irked you so either I'm a good WUM, or you take my word that I don't WUM at all mr psychologist.

Tbf, SUG was the only one being arrogant which then you Chelsea fans decided to generalise and point the finger at all of us. Plus it's not arrogant to be confident on beating the opposition if you are in a title challenging form, playing at Anfield where you beat Man City, it's called a prediction.

Lol you were the one who fired shots at him so it's not suprising that he'll fire shots back.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by samir12
Tbf, SUG was the only one being arrogant which then you Chelsea fans decided to generalise and point the finger at all of us. Plus it's not arrogant to be confident on beating the opposition if you are in a title challenging form, playing at Anfield where you beat Man City, it's called a prediction.

Lol you were the one who fired shots at him so it's not suprising that he'll fire shots back.

Na, a lot of you were pretty arrogant before the game and complaining about Chelsea's style of play etc. and how you lot were acting like you've won the league already(we have quotes on this)

I did and he went straight into ad hom mode and defensive, saying that he was right and ridiculing me rather than asking for the reason why I thought he was wrong?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam277
Na, a lot of you were pretty arrogant before the game and complaining about Chelsea's style of play etc.

I did although he went straight into ad hom mode and defensive, saying that he was right and ridiculing me rather than asking for the reason why I thought he was wrong?

Everyone complains about Chelsea's style of play, remember when they won the CL, the bitterness was at record levels.That match lost Liverpool the title so it's pretty much expected fans would complain about the style of play, if it was United or Arsenal they would compain too. I only remember SUG being arrogant, we asked you guys to name and shame after the game but you couldn't.

I don't really see what was wrong about what he said about Lambert, he was just stating the obvious though. Not a quality striker but just someone who puts a shift in and try and get goals. Agree that he went into his usual LDM.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by samir12
Everyone complains about Chelsea's style of play, remember when they won the CL, the bitterness was at record levels.That match lost Liverpool the title so it's pretty much expected fans would complain about the style of play, if it was United or Arsenal they would compain too.

I don't really see what was wrong about what he said about Lambert, he was just stating the obvious though. Not a quality striker but just someone who puts a shift in and try and get goals. Agree that he went into his usual LDM.

at least stating the obvious contributes more to this supposed "football forum" than mindless and childish WUMming does.
fair enough if you berate me for saying something clearly stupid (because it happens often), but i just get annoyed when i literally do nothing wrong and it still happens.
essentially i'm just a scapegoat on here for anybody to step on if they feel like it (inb4 victim mentality).
Original post by samir12
Everyone complains about Chelsea's style of play, remember when they won the CL, the bitterness was at record levels.That match lost Liverpool the title so it's pretty much expected fans would complain about the style of play, if it was United or Arsenal they would compain too. I only remember SUG being arrogant, we asked you guys to name and shame after the game but you couldn't.

Defo, my brother literally threw up outside the pub we were watching it in after that match. I took it in less than heroic form as well.
(edited 9 years ago)
Tbh my problems with Lambert is his pace. Where does your pace come from to get behind defences. Sterling and that's it. No dynamic movement between the players and Lambert doesn't have the requisite technique to make up for his lack of pace Like Drogba or Ibra. Can't dribble his way out of trouble and his link up play and hold up play is average at most for a guy you'd want at the level required for Liverpool. If he was a straight up Fellaini I'd say play him but he's not.

You lot are just ending up like United last season or Arsenal last season when Walcott and Chamberlain got injured.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
at least stating the obvious contributes more to this supposed "football forum" than mindless and childish WUMming does.
fair enough if you berate me for saying something clearly stupid (because it happens often), but i just get annoyed when i literally do nothing wrong and it still happens.
essentially i'm just a scapegoat on here for anybody to step on if they feel like it (inb4 victim mentality).

Nothing wrong with a wum here and there, Jam tbf does contribute a lot to the football forum so I'm alright with him giving some out to us. I agree there are other posters who literally contribute **** all and are just on here to wum but you have to deal with them.
Original post by jam277
Tbh my problems with Lambert is his pace. Where does your pace come from to get behind defences. Sterling and that's it. No dynamic movement between the players and Lambert doesn't have the requisite technique to make up for his lack of pace Like Drogba or Ibra. Can't dribble his way out of trouble and his link up play and hold up play is average at most for a guy you'd want at the level required for Liverpool. If he was a straight up Fellaini I'd say play him but he's not.

Hence why he was bought for £4m as a plan B, but its gotten so bad that he has to lead the line as he is our only stiker who looks competent enough to score goals for us and contribute towards our attacking play (which doesn't say much I know). Would prefer to see him and Borini start together though.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply