The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Malevolent
The NFC South is absolutely putrid. :lol:

How tampa lost to the Bears I will never know. Mcclown gave them 2 drives starting on like the 15 and the 20 so they only needed like 150 yards total :/
Original post by ..DT..
How tampa lost to the Bears I will never know. Mcclown gave them 2 drives starting on like the 15 and the 20 so they only needed like 150 yards total :/

Honestly have no idea. I dunno what it is with Tampa but every year I keep saying this is the year they get it all together :sad:
Honestly have no idea. I dunno what it is with Tampa but every year I keep saying this is the year they get it all together :sad:

Yeah I genuinely thought we would have a winning season this year. I see a lot of positives on defence and I think we have 2 of the best players at their position in the league in Mccoy and David, but our O-line needs so much work, we need a franchise QB and most importantly we need someone who can piece those together to make a winning side.
The NFC South is absolutely putrid. :lol:

Original post by ..DT..
Yeah I genuinely thought we would have a winning season this year. I see a lot of positives on defence and I think we have 2 of the best players at their position in the league in Mccoy and David, but our O-line needs so much work, we need a franchise QB and most importantly we need someone who can piece those together to make a winning side.

I kind of think that winning the NFC South would almost be a curse this year. Obviously it's nice to reach the playoffs but whichever team makes it is going to get destroyed by whatever team gets third seed. Then next year you get a much lower pick than you need in the draft. At the moment the Saints are projected 10th pick while the Falcons are projected 21st. They could literally go like 6-10 and get 21st draft pick
Original post by cant_think_of_name
I kind of think that winning the NFC South would almost be a curse this year. Obviously it's nice to reach the playoffs but whichever team makes it is going to get destroyed by whatever team gets third seed. Then next year you get a much lower pick than you need in the draft. At the moment the Saints are projected 10th pick while the Falcons are projected 21st. They could literally go like 6-10 and get 21st draft pick

It's theoretically possible that the winner could be 5-11. Before this week's debacle, it was simulated here, and looked bleak even then...http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nfc-south-falcons-saints-panthers-bucs-disaster/
Again FSU just scrape by. A 20-17 win against Boston College? They honestly shouldn't be top 4...

I hope the Broncos draft their kicker, in the sixth round if neccessary. The guy is clutch, has a good leg, passes the eyeball test, and is accurate.

When I saw McManus clank that kick into the upright...I knew he was gone. That was terrible.

Original post by Wattsy
I hate watching Stafford when he's my fantasy QB, he's only got 2 guys that can catch and he screws up too much!

If I lose when Arian Foster is inactive for the other team I'm going to cry.

Does Sky just have a great nose for a blowout? I can't remember their last good 18:30 KO

Cody Parkey HAVE A DAY! 21 points from the kicker in my other league is a madness.

Ugh. I made the proverbial punt, and it got proverbially blocked, regarding Arian Foster being active....:mad: CJ Anderson though...wow. He did everything. He ran for like 167 yards,2 +28 yards receiving for a total of 195 yards, recovered the onside kick, caught the checkdowns, and was good in pass protection. He turned upfield with authority, and went like a hot knife through butter against that Miami defense to get the crucial first down to lock down the game. He could have practically walked into the endzone, but he said he didn't because winning the game was more important. I really cannot believe he wasn't drafted, but I'm glad he's a Bronco.

Miami haha :lol:

As one of the Broncos fans in the stands said...they played great...for three and a half quarters. :wink: Was a heck of a game though!!! Wow... #SoBlessed I was right in the top tier, and it was snowing before and during the game. Had they recovered the onside kick, it could have been a little different though. I liked the Pot Roast sack...Sanders also made some tough grabs even when he was shoved and fouled. The day has to go to CJ, for killing their rush defense. Also, Brent Grimes had a good game. he rotated between Sanders and DT, but Peyton didn't really test him, preferring to burn the other cornerback. IIRC, Miami had one corner (could have been a nickel corner, I suppose; I think he might have been a starter??) injured, who didn't return...and maybe that could have affected things.

Credit to the fans though. On the RTD light rail, I was talking to a Miami fan, and a couple of Denver fans. I was really surprised about the amount of teal in the stand. Too much for a home game. Offense played well from the second drive onward. McManus has a good leg...but he lacks accuracy, and that is why he was cut...deservedly so in my opinion. He just missed too many in the end.
(edited 9 years ago)
Problem with Barth though is touchbacks, your special teams is already a bit weak so that could be the trade off.
Original post by shunter7634
It's theoretically possible that the winner could be 5-11. Before this week's debacle, it was simulated here, and looked bleak even then...http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nfc-south-falcons-saints-panthers-bucs-disaster/

I like the Five Thirty Eight Elo rankings. I'm not too sure when they come out, but it should be tomorrow.

The ones for last week had New Orleans taking the division, then Carolina, Atlanta, and Tampa Bay. But the Falcons, owing to their divisional record, have the second best chance of getting to the playoffs. Personally, despite the schedule, wins against Carolina and New Orleans, as well as one out of division win, should see them take the division, at 7-9.
Problem with Barth though is touchbacks, your special teams is already a bit weak so that could be the trade off.

Yeah..unfortunately. Mile High isn't exactly a bad place for a kicker, but it is exposed to the elements. However, seeing McManus, his kickoffs were not exactly booted out of the end zone like they normally are, against Miami.

And yes, special teams is weak. Isaiah Burse is lucky to still be on the 53 after that muffed punt...urgh...and defense did a good job. I hope Omar Bolden returns everything though...he was one of the highlights on special teams on Sunday. Talk about big returns at big times. However, this is not a unit that should suck...but wow...it was week...at home...at Mile High. Britton Colquitt had a 25 yard punt, and honestly I thought it was blocked, and it puts the defense in a hole. Offense and defense played well, everything considered, but they were not helped at all.

I don't know whether the Broncos will use Colquitt like the Saints and the Colts use their punters, and use the place kicker just for field goals. But, even Colquitt doesn't exactly scream, "leg strength"....

David Bruton is still one of the best special teamers in the league. Special teams returns could be improved by putting in Sanders I suppose (anybody but Wes Welker :O ) but considering the way he been playing, it would be unwise.

EDIT: Maybe that punt wasn't so bad. NFL.com had it listed at 28 yards net, 45 gross....it did not look like a booming punt though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Picked up Tannehill for this week, Rivers has been godawful the last few weeks (excluding the bye week) and the Dolphins are facing the Jets, this should be a walkover.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Picked up Tannehill for this week, Rivers has been godawful the last few weeks (excluding the bye week) and the Dolphins are facing the Jets, this should be a walkover.

Tannehill wasn't exactly bad last week either....
Classic Belichick.

On the similarities between Brady and Rodgers...."they both wear the number 12"...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000434667/article/belichick-on-brady-rodgers-they-both-wear-no-12
This thanksgiving, in my IDP league, I am thankful for Calvin Johnson's 26.60 fantasy points. I am not exactly thankful for Tony Romo, Dez Bryant and Connor Barwin's pitful combined 14 points. Ugh.
Yams. Sweet Potato Yams.
Ray Rice won his appeal.
Ray Rice won his appeal.

Hopefully he won't find a team....on football issues alone...he's not the same player he was in 2012. The only place I see him going to is the Colts, because they need running backs.

While I'm not comfortable in what he did, the NFL does give a lot of second, third and fourth chances to people who don't really deserve them. Josh Brent, Michael Vick, Ben Roethlisberger...Ray Lewis...countless cases of domestic abuses (http://www.ibtimes.com/nfls-history-domestic-violence-extends-beyond-ray-rice-adrian-peterson-abuse-cases-1692014)....Ray Rice wasn't the first and he won't be the last, sadly to get another undeserved chance...
Original post by jammy4041
Hopefully he won't find a team....on football issues alone...he's not the same player he was in 2012. The only place I see him going to is the Colts, because they need running backs.

While I'm not comfortable in what he did, the NFL does give a lot of second, third and fourth chances to people who don't really deserve them. Josh Brent, Michael Vick, Ben Roethlisberger...Ray Lewis...countless cases of domestic abuses (http://www.ibtimes.com/nfls-history-domestic-violence-extends-beyond-ray-rice-adrian-peterson-abuse-cases-1692014)....Ray Rice wasn't the first and he won't be the last, sadly to get another undeserved chance...

Agree, the nfl need to reevaluate what they do with these cases. The punishment is never enough.

Hope he doesn't find a team too and I agree he's not the same player that he used to be.
Agree, the nfl need to reevaluate what they do with these cases. The punishment is never enough.

Hope he doesn't find a team too and I agree he's not the same player that he used to be.

And that's one aspect where the Patriots do a good job. Any negative publicity for the franchise, and that player's gone. My friend who supports the Falcons takes pride in the fact his franchise drafts people of upstanding moral character under Demitroff. I wish I can say the same of my Broncos, however.....
Original post by jammy4041
And that's one aspect where the Patriots do a good job. Any negative publicity for the franchise, and that player's gone. My friend who supports the Falcons takes pride in the fact his franchise drafts people of upstanding moral character under Demitroff. I wish I can say the same of my Broncos, however.....

Meh we've had our fair share of bad eggs. A certain TE who shall not be named comes to mind. Blount isn't exactly a great role model haha

But yeah some things the nfl should really come down harder on.

Denver have had a few pot cases haha but I don't really consider that a serious offence.
Meh we've had our fair share of bad eggs. A certain TE who shall not be named comes to mind. Blount isn't exactly a great role model haha

But yeah some things the nfl should really come down harder on.

Denver have had a few pot cases haha but I don't really consider that a serious offence.

Skipping over he who shall not be named, the response of the Patriots organization was as good as anything that could be expected, given the circumstances. Blount seemed to be under control as a Patriot, although he had a chequered past, and now returns considering the pot thing in the off-season. The Patriots do tend to daft some players with dubious pasts, but they tend to straighten most of them out.

It's more the Broncos executives with DUIs and things. Although, Pot Roast has spoken out against Ray Rice before, and if any team-mate was to try that (heaven forbid), Pot Roast isn't exactly the guy you want to get the wrong side of, that's for sure...If Rice was to come up against Pot Roast...it isn't going to end well for Rice, put it that way....

Latest