The Student Room Group

Will having a good car get me girls?

So I'm 19, im my first year of uni and I'm planning on buying a car for 6-8K, will it help me get girls?

I know the girls I'll get (if I do) will be with me cos of the car but idc, I'll use them for what I want then they can sod off:tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It depends what you want to do in the car if you know what I mean.
Girls don't care about your motor.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
So I'm 19, im my first year of uni and I'm planning on buying a car for 6-8K, will it help me get girls?

I know the girls I'll get (if I do) will be with me cos of the car but idc, I'll use them for what I want then they can sod off:tongue:

Not so much and not at all if you re a male moose..
Reply 4
I am a girl and would never go with a guy for his car, I much prefer humble guys not guys who try to use their car as a pussy magnet.

Plus further more I have my own car and prefer to drive myself not be in the passenger seat.
Reply 5
Original post by shawn_o1
Girls don't care about your motor.

thats ridiculous, yes they do lol.
I'd personally never date a guy for his car. I think most girls are the same, it honestly wouldn't even come into the equation at all. You should try to be a nice guy to get girls instead of thinking we all care so much about material possessions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Get a BMW or Jag, you have to fight them off.
It's about who's driving the car, not about the car itself. You really think girl's will suck your dick for a free ride?
if a girl was attracted to me by my lifestyle and belongings i would not be impressed.
Reply 10
I think you'd have to spend more than 6-8k.

Yes, it will get you girls that like any guy that has a car. Whether you will meet this type of girl is a different question altogether.

P.S. There are plenty of males with cars in the UK so expect to be dumped at any time. Literally.
Not every girl will care about your car
Original post by Paulska_
I'd personally never date a guy for his car. I think most girls are the same, it honestly wouldn't even come into the equation at all. You should try to be a nice guy to get girls instead of thinking we all care so much about material possessions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry but I don't believe that at all.

I think a lot of girls like to think they're not shallow but they definitely are. Amongst girls, competition is rife with respect to who has the better boyfriend/husband and generally the criteria that would make a boyfriend/husband better is looks/wealth/social status. A girl wants to be treated like a queen, she wants to be in the best possible car to have the best possible jewellery etc so she can show off to her female friends. So if I have a Ferrari I guarantee it would spark in interest in like 95% of the girls, its a fact.

At the end of the its a trade off:

The guy wants to have amazing sex and be with the best looking girl
The girl wants to have a man that has the best social status and the most wealth so he can take good care of her and spoil her

In essence, its sex for money.

Original post by Maker
Get a BMW or Jag, you have to fight them off.

I'm thinking of a Mercedes.
Original post by miser
I think you'd have to spend more than 6-8k.

There are barely any 19 year olds with amazing cars, I thought 6-8K would sort it.
Reply 15

Not keen on Mercs, too popular with dentists and taxi drivers.
Reply 16
Original post by Safiya122
Not every girl will care about your car

But quite a lot do, we are all shallow.
I'm sorry but I don't believe that at all.

I think a lot of girls like to think they're not shallow but they definitely are. Amongst girls, competition is rife with respect to who has the better boyfriend/husband and generally the criteria that would make a boyfriend/husband better is looks/wealth/social status. A girl wants to be treated like a queen, she wants to be in the best possible car to have the best possible jewellery etc so she can show off to her female friends. So if I have a Ferrari I guarantee it would spark in interest in like 95% of the girls, its a fact.

At the end of the its a trade off:

The guy wants to have amazing sex and be with the best looking girl
The girl wants to have a man that has the best social status and the most wealth so he can take good care of her and spoil her

In essence, its sex for money.

:sly: Please rate some other members before rating this member again
if a 6-8k car makes them interested then they must have shockingly low standards
Reply 19
There are barely any 19 year olds with amazing cars, I thought 6-8K would sort it.

I think you would be better to spend your money on a wider range of things if what you're interested in is attracting women. You can get a pretty decent car for 5k, then with your 1-3k saving get a sweet-as-hell wardrobe, maybe learn a cool skill like guitar, go out more so you can meet more women, and so on. Just getting yourself a 6-8k car isn't going to do very much I don't think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending