The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by indianajones96
ermergerdddd!! got an RVC interview for the 15th december at 9.15!!!!!!! considering I still don't know my BMAT results, i'm pretty chuffed! :biggrin:

:five: Woo, that's the same as mine, see you there!

How come you never got your results? Did your test centre not give you your PIN?
Does anyone know how many people are invited to interview at RVC, Surrey or Bristol? I think it's 500 for Bristol, but I'm not sure adn I don't know for the others. Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by greencat55
Does anyone know how many people are invited to interview at RVC, Surrey or Bristol? I think it's 500 for Bristol, but I'm not sure adn I don't know for the others. Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think the RVC interview roughly 1/5 of the applicants and give offers to 1/2 of the interviews. It's likely to be very similar to that in all schools.
My friends have recommended that I wear my kangaroo onesie to my interview and that I memorise all the noises from the Ylvis song in case one of my interview questions is 'What does the fox say?'

Defo gonna get an offer that way :h:
Original post by mollyvet
I think the RVC interview roughly 1/5 of the applicants and give offers to 1/2 of the interviews. It's likely to be very similar to that in all schools.

Feels good that we've made it to interview!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! :smile: it's nice to know our odds have gone considerably up now we have interviews! :smile: So it's a 1 in 2 chance now :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you have a source for this? (Not saying that I don't trust you! Just wondering if there's a RVC webpage/article that I haven't seen :smile: )
Original post by hellos
you're not thick! i rang them... yeah it's just your name and date is what admissions said to me. congrats to everyone who got interviews! sure we're all as nervous as each other!

do we put today's date or the interview date? i'm so excited but sooo nervous!
Well done and good luck to all those with RVC interviews. 😄 I'm a 2nd year, so if you have any questions about the uni feel free to ask. Hopefully see some of you around next year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Do you have a source for this? (Not saying that I don't trust you! Just wondering if there's a RVC webpage/article that I haven't seen :smile: )

I don't have time to go and look up the first at the moment, but it is a combination of two - the first is a tumblr post made a couple of years ago with admissions statistics on it which indicated that, from roughly 1300 applications for d100, about 320 were interviewed and 150 were given places in the previous year (that's very rough, I'm afraid!) There's also a page on the RVC website which gives you the rough admissions details (1300+ applicants for approx. 200 places for d100, d101 and d102) which can be found here! - http://www.rvc.ac.uk/Media/Default/study/Undergraduate/documents/How%20do%20we%20select%20applicants%20for%20our%20Veterinary%20Medicine%20degrees..docx.pdf

Hope that helped :smile:
I don't have time to go and look up the first at the moment, but it is a combination of two - the first is a tumblr post made a couple of years ago with admissions statistics on it which indicated that, from roughly 1300 applications for d100, about 320 were interviewed and 150 were given places in the previous year (that's very rough, I'm afraid!) There's also a page on the RVC website which gives you the rough admissions details (1300+ applicants for approx. 200 places for d100, d101 and d102) which can be found here! - http://www.rvc.ac.uk/Media/Default/study/Undergraduate/documents/How%20do%20we%20select%20applicants%20for%20our%20Veterinary%20Medicine%20degrees..docx.pdf

Hope that helped :smile:

Cool thank you, I'd seen that document but it didn't seem to mention the number of people invited to interview. I'll have a look for that Tumblr post, by any chance do you remember the name of the blog it was on? Thanks again for your time :smile:
People who were talking about interviews today, did you get them today or yesterday? Thanks :smile:
Reply 3972
Original post by 2344277
do we put today's date or the interview date? i'm so excited but sooo nervous!

good point! i put the day's date seeing as the interview date they'll have logged with your RVC ID and it's at the top of the form (as well as your name you just typed out again). I rang them after I sent mine off AND did the UCAS part (UCAS requires you to confirm you'll attend to I realised) and they told me mine had come through.

It's all very nerve racking I agree!
Has anyone else not had their Track updated, but had an interview email from the RVC anyway?
Has anyone else not had their Track updated, but had an interview email from the RVC anyway?

Can I ask when you got your email? :smile:

My track hasn't updated but I got the interview email. Hopefully track will update on Monday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KateLivesey
My track hasn't updated but I got the interview email. Hopefully track will update on Monday

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did you get your email? :smile:
Original post by Alex15
When did you get your email? :smile:

Yesterday evening :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alex15
Can I ask when you got your email? :smile:

It was Friday night! I wouldn't worry if you haven't had one yet, though...they'll send invites out in batches, so there may be more sent next week.
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Cool thank you, I'd seen that document but it didn't seem to mention the number of people invited to interview. I'll have a look for that Tumblr post, by any chance do you remember the name of the blog it was on? Thanks again for your time :smile:

I don't, I'm really sorry! I think it was on the RVC tag if that helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending