The Student Room Group

Any thoughts!!

Does going to a bad secondary school but still getting good grades affect my chance of entering a Cambridge/Oxford?
Reply 1
I doubt Oxbridge will be prejudiced towards candidates who come from 'bad' secondary schools, so I shouldn't think so! As long as you get the grades your chances should be fine! :smile:
If you get good grades this won't affect your chances in a bad way.
Performing well in a bad secondary school will be considered in your application.
Reply 3
Original post by Lilyghz
I doubt Oxbridge will be prejudiced towards candidates who come from 'bad' secondary schools, so I shouldn't think so! As long as you get the grades your chances should be fine! :smile:

Thank you for your input :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by selenerrr__x
If you get good grades this won't affect your chances in a bad way.
Performing well in a bad secondary school will be considered in your application.

Thanks for your input :wink:
Original post by shoriffmiah
Thanks for your input :wink:

I can tell you if you have outstanding grades in a bad school this may be advantageous than a good school and getting good grades (because that seems to be expected given the resources)
I know from my old private sch, only people invited for an interview at the moment are those with predicted at least 2 A* and the rest of my friends got immediate rejections, an example is my friend who got AAAD and immediate rejection from Oxford with 8A*s at GCSE.
In my current sch, very bad state school, my friends have got BBCC, BBDC and they've both been predicted AABB and have gotten interviews for cambridge King's and Trinity.
Reply 6
you went private school (wow) it seems you are an intelligent person who knows what they are talking about. i will take in what you have said
Thank for having the time to talk on this thread :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest