The Student Room Group

'Interesting' Experiences When Driving !

Hi,

By interesting, i mean experiences that have almost made you want to NOT drive or just sit on the hard shoulder and cry!

Basically, I passed my test about 3/4 weeks ago, was learning for about a year on/off and failed a couple of tests due to stupid mistakes that i take full responsibility for so have experienced a few things on my lessons/tests but today....well....

I planned to go to Blackpool from Manchester, as i was on the slip road to the M60 increasing my speed, i heard a strange sound then lost all power, my passenger thought i was in the wrong gear, checked this, nope, just no power then blue smoke and thought 'holy crums' and immediately pulled over to the hard shoulder with hazards on, not a nice experience AT ALL, not been on motorways all that much having just passed a few weeks ago !! Turns out my oil cap had blown off completely O.o

So i was just wondering if anyone else had any interesting experiences to share in hairy moments or had any tips on keeping calm in them !! Thanks !!
(edited 9 years ago)
Sometimes I don't feel like driving just because I stall at times. That just annoys me and makes me think **** it but then I think, well I'm paying money for these lessons so I have to keep trying. Not much of an experience but yeah
Original post by Safiya122
Sometimes I don't feel like driving just because I stall at times. That just annoys me and makes me think **** it but then I think, well I'm paying money for these lessons so I have to keep trying. Not much of an experience but yeah

I see what you mean though ! I can be like that because i'm think argh whats the point but then i have great days out in my car and enjoy it again. :biggrin:
The only time i've wanted to pull over and cry is when i get stuck in really heavy traffic and not being able to turn round and go a different route
Original post by blue n white army
The only time i've wanted to pull over and cry is when i get stuck in really heavy traffic and not being able to turn round and go a different route

A few weeks ago I was caught in heavy traffic. I came off one roundabout and was going at first gear speeds all the way to the next one (just over a kilometre). I got to the next roundabout and could see that the traffic continued on the next road. I went round the inside of the roundabout and turned back.
Original post by xx-Samantha-xx
I see what you mean though ! I can be like that because i'm think argh whats the point but then i have great days out in my car and enjoy it again. :biggrin:

People should try to book their test in a time where you know there will be heavy traffic so try around 9am or maybe 5pm, because in traffic you wont do much driving, you will just be stationary so less room for error:wink: This was what happened to me that day

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending