The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by keromedic
I have heard of it. What do you like?

I haven't watched enough to say I like a certain type but I like the stuff made by Key. The other two series that stand out for me are Attack on Titan (got me into anime) and as I mentioned above Kuroko no Basket.
Original post by Red Fox
I haven't watched enough to say I like a certain type but I like the stuff made by Key. The other two series that stand out for me are Attack on Titan and as I mentioned above Kuroko no Basket.

I've not seen AoT but know it's big in 'murica. It looks like a good watch. Have you seen Naruto or Bleach? I'm not recommending them. They're hated by many. Just curious.
I've not seen AoT but know it's big in 'murica. It looks like a good watch. Have you seen Naruto or Bleach? I'm not recommending them. They're hated by many. Just curious.

Yeah it's a good watch you should try it. I haven't watched any of the really long running shows but if I was gonna start one it would probably be Naruto.
Original post by Red Fox
Yeah it's a good watch you should try it. I haven't watched any of the really long running shows but if I was gonna start one it would probably be Naruto.

Try FMA Brotherhood :h:.
Try FMA Brotherhood :h:.

That's been recommended to me before:tongue:, I'm probably going to binge watch it in the Christmas holidays:smile:
Original post by Red Fox
That's been recommended to me before:tongue:, I'm probably going to binge watch it in the Christmas holidays:smile:

From Bude? :smile:

What made you start anime? Are you a year 13?
From Bude? :smile:

What made you start anime? Are you a year 13?

Yeah.

I just randomly watched AoT, I have no idea why. I hadn't watched any anime before it except like Pokémon about 10 years ago. Yeah I'm a year 13:smile:.
Original post by Red Fox
Yeah.

I just randomly watched AoT, I have no idea why. I hadn't watched any anime before it except like Pokémon about 10 years ago. Yeah I'm a year 13:smile:.

Link to thread plz :smile:.

I liked digimon, yugioh and beyblade instead :smile:.
Link to thread plz :smile:.

I liked digimon, yugioh and beyblade instead :smile:.

Which thread? and oh yeah I forgot about Beyblade that was great:redface:
Original post by Red Fox
Which thread? and oh yeah I forgot about Beyblade that was great:redface:

Year 13.
Year 13.

Unsure whether you meant the thread in general or where Bude recommended it to me but I went and found it anyway.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2795923&page=151&p=51270101#post51270101
Original post by Red Fox
Unsure whether you meant the thread in general or where Bude recommended it to me but I went and found it anyway.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2795923&page=151&p=51270101#post51270101

In general but thanks :smile:.
Hoping to reach 1,000 manga volumes read by the end of 2014 - that's one of the few things A-P doesn't keep count of, but my Goodreads account is almost as complete, and states that I've read 968 so far. At my current rate of one volume a day, there's exactly enough days left in the year. :biggrin:
Good Luck!
I've pledged $15 towards DMP's Kickstarter for Tezuka's Ludwig B - seems a good deal for digital versions of both volumes, and it's a bit more of a realistic and achievable goal than their giant Tezuka World kickstarter last month. :biggrin:
The wait is over - Your Secret Santa choices have been sent to you! Commence the viewing!
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I've pledged $15 towards DMP's Kickstarter for Tezuka's Ludwig B - seems a good deal for digital versions of both volumes, and it's a bit more of a realistic and achievable goal than their giant Tezuka World kickstarter last month. :biggrin:

I found the fact that they went with an unfinished manga a bit of an odd choice after the previous Kickstarter failed as that will surely put some people off.
Original post by TroyAndAbed
I found the fact that they went with an unfinished manga a bit of an odd choice after the previous Kickstarter failed as that will surely put some people off.

Possibly, but I like their dedication towards licensing all of Tezuka's works in English, even the lesser known and unfinished ones. :smile: And they've clearly taken on a lot of feedback from the failed Kickstarter, the lower pledge amounts to actually own the books should work in its favour.
Started watching Spice and Wolf, seems like it could be a good series. Also I've apparently watched 5 days of anime now, feels like a waste when it's put like that:lol:.
Reply 8219
Ive been continueing with last years secret santa series.:mmm: .Holo/Horo is quite endearing. :pinch:

Latest

Trending

Trending