The Student Room Group

Fine Art: portfolio

Deleted
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Nemo182
Hi fine artists!

I just wanted to ask what size portfolios you guys are taking to interviews. I can't decide between A1 and A2 (mainly because I'm short) :biggrin:
would it be a bad idea to fold an A1 sheet to fit in an A2 portfolio?:confused:

Thanks for any replies.
Nemo

Yup, it's defo bad to fold an A1 piece of work
I would spend some money getting a good portfolio case on your precious artwork! Bring A1 case because it can hold more. Rather get tired from holding the case than get asked for more varied size work or a specific style of work (and that you did on A1) and couldn't give them any not because you didn't have that style of artwork but because you didn't bring it. Don't have regrets.
Reply 2
Original post by jadys10
Yup, it's defo bad to fold an A1 piece of work
I would spend some money getting a good portfolio case on your precious artwork! Bring A1 case because it can hold more. Rather get tired from holding the case than get asked for more varied size work or a specific style of work (and that you did on A1) and couldn't give them any not because you didn't have that style of artwork but because you didn't bring it. Don't have regrets.

It's not the money or the weight that's the problem but the fact that I struggle to walk with it. Which is more of a worry since i'll be lugging it around with me to the unis that are further away.

Anyway thanks for your advice. I understand what your saying and will probably go for the A1 and just hope nothing goes wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest