The Student Room Group

Would you date someone from a lower uni?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chwirkytheappleboy
On the basis of your stupid comments, I'd say without hesitation that you're probably not

I wouldn't expect lesser minds to be on the same wavelength as me. You may think its stupid but you can take my word for it, it is above your comprehension.
Original post by Kabulkid
I'm not the Prophet.:confused:

Well maybe you should try to be a lot like him. Seeing as a 'Muslim' he's our role model - Such a shame! Humble yourself, you are not above anyone. Basing someone off the university they attended! Laughable, fugacious and quite low actually. Good-luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AmenahJama
Well maybe you should try to be a lot like him. Seeing as a 'Muslim' he's our role model - Such a shame! Humble yourself, you are not above anyone. Basing someone off the university they attended! Laughable, fugacious and quite low actually. Good-luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry but as a a Muslim I don't believe in luck. I also wouldn't engage in a debate with someone that evidently has flaws in the fundamental understanding of Islam.
Reply 23
aaah i remember when i was petty and childish enough to think the prestige of a university was everything
Sorry but as a a Muslim I don't believe in luck. I also wouldn't engage in a debate with someone that evidently has flaws in the fundamental understanding of Islam.

Your success is only by Allah, for you to sit and judge someone based off a university they attended? Are you kidding me? But I'm the one that has "flaws in understanding islam" - You are rather giving me a giggle tonight. Tell me more about how smart you are, and how above everyone you are.

- Main thing islam teaches is to walk humbly upon the earth.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skoav
aaah i remember when i was petty and childish enough to think the prestige of a university was everything

You studied at Hull so I would expect you to say that prestige is nothing.... with all due respect but what prestige does the University of Hull have?
Your success is only by Allah, for you to sit and judge someone based off a university they attended? Are you kidding me? But I'm the one that has "flaws in understanding islam" - You are rather giving me a giggle tonight. Tell me more about how smart you are, and how above everyone you are.

- Main thing islam teaches is to walk humbly upon the earth.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not really judging people, I'm just saying that if I would date people, I wouldn't date anyone below Cambridge STEM...just because you don't hold the same views as me doesn't mean you can try and correct me. Learn to accept that we are all different.

I'm not above anyone here.
You studied at Hull so I would expect you to say that prestige is nothing.... with all due respect but what prestige does the University of Hull have?

Watch out ladies and gentlemen. I think we have a Katie Hopkins replica!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not really judging people, I'm just saying that if I would date people, I wouldn't date anyone below Cambridge STEM...just because you don't hold the same views as me doesn't mean you can try and correct me. Learn to accept that we are all different.

I'm not above anyone here.

Lol such a political answer. Totally disregarding any point I made.. But sure. Anything to end this conversation, it's killing me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29

ahaha you actually bothered to look at what uni i go to just to feed your little superiority complex omg that's priceless

i've literally just stated that i don't care about prestige so why do you think i would either know or care what some snobs think about my uni
Original post by skoav
ahaha you actually bothered to look at what uni i go to just to feed your little superiority complex omg that's priceless

i've literally just stated that i don't care about prestige so why do you think i would either know or care what some snobs think about my uni

... nah just from your reply i knew you were of the Hull folk.

my thoughts of your uni stems from the stats i get from organisations such as http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/ so don't hate the player, hate the professional organisations that study into your university and tell us that this year you're 66th best. :smile:
Lol such a political answer. Totally disregarding any point I made.. But sure. Anything to end this conversation, it's killing me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your points are not valid.
Reply 32
... nah just from your reply i knew you were of the Hull folk.

my thoughts of your uni stems from the stats i get from organisations such as http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/ so don't hate the player, hate the professional organisations that study into your university and tell us that this year you're 66th best. :smile:

i ask again why do you think i know or care
Original post by skoav
i ask again why do you think i know or care

u care cos ur replying to me, if u didn't care u would have just glanced over my post and carried on with ur merry life :smile:
u care cos ur replying to me, if u didn't care u would have just glanced over my post and carried on with ur merry life :smile:

You are a very annoying human being.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You are a very annoying human being.

Posted from TSR Mobile

give urself a kiss from me
give urself a kiss from me

Afghani Katie Hopkins spin off on the rise. Owh, total bad ass!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37

that's more down to the fact that it's 1am and i'm bored so the hilarity of trying to get you to somehow justify you snobbery is marginally preferable to sleep rn

still waiting for you to actually answer my question properly lmao, please do enlighten me, what is so intrinsically significant about league tables that i should disregard the fact that i'm incredibly happy at the university i CHOSE to study at and convert to a life of mourning my supposed intellectual inferiority?
Original post by skoav
that's more down to the fact that it's 1am and i'm bored so the hilarity of trying to get you to somehow justify you snobbery is marginally preferable to sleep rn

still waiting for you to actually answer my question properly lmao, please do enlighten me, what is so intrinsically significant about league tables that i should disregard the fact that i'm incredibly happy at the university i CHOSE to study at and convert to a life of mourning my supposed intellectual inferiority?

Basically, being blunt. You are intellectually mediocre.

EDIT: If mediocre is fine then :smile::smile::smile:
Reply 39
Basically, being blunt. You are intellectually mediocre.

EDIT: If mediocre is fine then :smile::smile::smile:

and you're assuming this purely based on the university i go to? incredible.

but whatever, for argument's sake let's say i'm 'mediocre', so what? why do you feel the need to correlate a person's worth with their academic achievements? if you honestly believe academics is about competition and being better than everyone else rather than pursuing knowledge just for the sake of learning and doing something you're passionate about then i just feel sorry for you.

Quick Reply

Latest