The Student Room Group

EU students grades

I'm a EU student and graduated last year from high school. I'm applying for English at UK universities and i'm a bit worried because even though i have the equivalent of an A in English and other humanities subjects the overall equivalent grade unis ask for is higher to what i have. I had taken 15 subjects with most of them being the equivalent of either an A or something between an A and a B, a few between a B and a C but also a D and an F(!!). Science and maths literally killed me :tongue:
So my question is, do you think i stand a chance in getting accepted? All opinions welcome, thank you so much :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by anastas
I'm a EU student and graduated last year from high school. I'm applying for English at UK universities and i'm a bit worried because even though i have the equivalent of an A in English and other humanities subjects the overall equivalent grade unis ask for is higher to what i have. I had taken 15 subjects with most of them being the equivalent of either an A or something between an A and a B, a few between a B and a C but also a D and an F(!!). Science and maths literally killed me :tongue:
So my question is, do you think i stand a chance in getting accepted? All opinions welcome, thank you so much :smile:

Are you studying IB? You'll be fine having good English is most important first.
Reply 2
Original post by Black Cat
Are you studying IB? You'll be fine having good English is most important first.

Thank you for your reply.No, i studied for the Apolytirion of Lykeio(Greece), it's the equivalent of A Levels.
Original post by anastas
Thank you for your reply.No, i studied for the Apolytirion of Lykeio(Greece), it's the equivalent of A Levels.

I see have you applied for any of the UK universities yet?
Reply 4
I see have you applied for any of the UK universities yet?

Not yet. Had applied last year and was accepted by my firm and my insurance with these grades but due to some reasons had to take a gap year. Now applying again to my insurance and to two or maybe three others.
Original post by anastas
Not yet. Had applied last year and was accepted by my firm and my insurance with these grades but due to some reasons had to take a gap year. Now applying again to my insurance and to two or maybe three others.

Well since you've been previously accepted by universities you'll have no problem finding a place. Your grades are fine too.

Goodluck with the applications this year.
Reply 6
Well since you've been previously accepted by universities you'll have no problem finding a place. Your grades are fine too.

Goodluck with the applications this year.

Thank you very much for your help!Best wishes! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest