The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Applying to York for 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SuperSah
Hey, can you tell me about your interview? I have one for Law, which is very different, I know, but I can get a feel of what to expect when mine comes round.

I can do my best but it'll probably be really different. It was quite an informal chat really. Asked about a couple things in my personal statement, my interests in film and tv then I gave my pitch. Hope this helps :smile:
University of York
York
Original post by Photographer406
I can do my best but it'll probably be really different. It was quite an informal chat really. Asked about a couple things in my personal statement, my interests in film and tv then I gave my pitch. Hope this helps :smile:

Seems roughly what I expected.

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 302
Original post by Walkeer_1
How do you plan on preparing for the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

see my answer in the law interview thread :smile:
Reply 303
Oh, gosh, wow, I don't come on here for 2 months (thanks, UCAS, A Levels) to see that the thread I created and thought wouldn't get much response has now over 300 replies! Wow!

Update: I'm waiting for a History and Politics offer from York. Hopefully will get one before Christmas!
Reply 304
Original post by betnae
I'm from NI too! :smile: I'm applying for Spanish & Linguistics. I've applied to other unis in England, so hopefully I'll get into one of them... can't wait to get away to be honest!

I'm applying for 3 Scottish unis, then York, and then Queens, but I'm dying to leave here.
Is there anyone else that already got offers for Biochemistry? It's been a month and 6 days for me now and tbh I'm starting to feel like rubbish...
Reply 306
I just got an offer for history :biggrin:
Original post by lizzyc501
Is there anyone else that already got offers for Biochemistry? It's been a month and 6 days for me now and tbh I'm starting to feel like rubbish...

I'm waiting too, but don't worry too much because I don't really think I've seen anyone getting offers yet apart from people who are on gap years and so have finished their A Levels already, etc etc etc. Even then that's only a few people :smile: I've spoken to people who've had straight offers from all their other unis but are still waiting on York, so it seems like they're not being quick haha! Don't worry :biggrin:
Original post by pwoperChloe
I'm waiting too, but don't worry too much because I don't really think I've seen anyone getting offers yet apart from people who are on gap years and so have finished their A Levels already, etc etc etc. Even then that's only a few people :smile: I've spoken to people who've had straight offers from all their other unis but are still waiting on York, so it seems like they're not being quick haha! Don't worry :biggrin:

Thanks so much for the information and the reassuring! Hope your track's going well for you too! :smile:
Applied for Biochemistry! Really want to go there; the Bio and Chem departments are equally amazing. Did my calculations and apparently more than 1000 people applied for the degree and 48 people went at the end?!

I've applied for Biochemistry too! Have you heard back from York yet? They're the only place out of my five choices that I haven't heard back from, and applied two months ago!

I applied to do Biochemistry about two months ago and I haven't heard back from York yet, they're the only ones I haven't heard back from :/
Reply 311
Original post by emcat
I just got an offer for history :biggrin:

Well done :smile:
Reply 312
So in a lot of people's opinion, is York "slow" at getting back to you on offers?
Thanks so much for the information and the reassuring! Hope your track's going well for you too! :smile:

You're welcome! :biggrin: and yeah it's going well, had offers from Bath and Surrey and an interview invite from Oxford, just waiting to hear from York and Bristol :yes: how about you? Good luck with everything! :smile:
Original post by pwoperChloe
You're welcome! :biggrin: and yeah it's going well, had offers from Bath and Surrey and an interview invite from Oxford, just waiting to hear from York and Bristol :yes: how about you? Good luck with everything! :smile:

Thanks so much :smile: Wow Oxford that's absolutely great! I don't think anyone from my school has heard back from Oxford yet... Offers from Bath, Nottingham and Manchester, waiting for York and Imperial
Has anyone applied for History/Philosophy and got an offer? From what I can see, York are generally slow at making offers so I'm trying to not worry too much :smile:
Reply 316
Original post by CescaD96
Well done :smile:

Original post by mollbeth
Has anyone applied for History/Philosophy and got an offer? From what I can see, York are generally slow at making offers so I'm trying to not worry too much :smile:

I have a History/Philosophy offer, but when did you apply? It took them about a month to get back to me.
Maths & Physics interview tomorrow :eek3:
Original post by StarvingAutist
Maths & Physics interview tomorrow :eek3:

Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending