The Student Room Group

AS grades

Has anybody got any interviews for medicine with out getting the best of AS grades ?
Reply 1
You need to be believably predicted AAA or above at A2, so I've received two interviews so far with mostly B's at AS :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by madiwadi
Has anybody got any interviews for medicine with out getting the best of AS grades ?

I got BBBC at AS. You just need to be predicted AAA at A2.

It's doable.
Original post by RoryH
I got BBBC at AS. You just need to be predicted AAA at A2.

It's doable.

have you got into medicine now or are you in the applying stage ?
Original post by Ezme39
You need to be believably predicted AAA or above at A2, so I've received two interviews so far with mostly B's at AS :smile:

Oh okay wow well done. Where did you apply ?
Reply 5
Oh okay wow well done. Where did you apply ?

Thank you :smile: the interviews were for Liverpool and HYMS, and I'm still waiting to hear from Nottingham and Keele
Reply 6
have you got into medicine now or are you in the applying stage ?

Yes, I'm at Bristol. I also had 2 interviews for other universities.
Original post by RoryH
Yes, I'm at Bristol. I also had 2 interviews for other universities.

Oh wow well done to you. Where were the others that you applied to and which did you and did you not get interviews for ? Were your gcse results high ?
[QUOTE="Ezme39;51950017"]Thank you :smile: the interviews were for Liverpool and HYMS, and I'm still waiting to hear from Nottingham and Keele[/QUOTE
Oh that's great! We're your GCSE results high then because those uni's go quite a bit by that right ?
Reply 9
Oh wow well done to you. Where were the others that you applied to and which did you and did you not get interviews for ? Were your gcse results high ?

I got interviews at Nottingham and Aberdeen also, but was rejected from Leeds. No nothing spectacular, got 5A* 5A 1B and 610 in my UKCAT.
Reply 10
Oh that's great! We're your GCSE results high then because those uni's go quite a bit by that right ?

I got 5 A*'s and 5 A's - which isn't amazing but was full marks for Liverpool's system :smile: HYMS and Nottingham are more UKCAT based, and I scored 695 which helped balance it up too!
Original post by RoryH
I got interviews at Nottingham and Aberdeen also, but was rejected from Leeds. No nothing spectacular, got 5A* 5A 1B and 610 in my UKCAT.

Well done! They're sort of similar to mine. So did you resit most of your modules of AS along with your A2 exams ? Or only one for each subject ?
Reply 12
Well done! They're sort of similar to mine. So did you resit most of your modules of AS along with your A2 exams ? Or only one for each subject ?

I resat a few, and just upped my game for A2 more than anything.
Reply 13
Got ABBC and have 3/4 interviews so far! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending